I actually find the z30 a better quality music player than the Ipod...and much easier to drag and drop music...however it is brutal slow to move music over.
    have to wait overnight to move one album.
    either when I use BB link or if I open up the BB under "my computer" and drag and drop into music.

I've never seen this come up before on the forums, so I'm guessing it's me and not BB.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks as always for your help/feedback.
    03-16-15 08:39 AM
    Are you using USB or WiFi? I find even on WiFi it isn't that slow. I can copy a whole cd in a matter of minutes.
    03-16-15 08:53 AM
    I agree with kbz1960. It is usually a quick process. Could be a really weak wifi connection. Also try a USB cable, or even faster is to pop out the micro SD and insert into your computer, then drag and drop.
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    03-16-15 08:59 AM
    I agree with kbz1960. It is usually a quick process. Could be a really weak wifi connection. Also try a USB cable, or even faster is to pop out the micro SD and insert into your computer, then drag and drop.
    Mine is very slow as well via USB. I use the MicroSD adapter inserted into my computer and it is lighning fast.
    03-16-15 09:03 AM
    I don't have my data cable here at work, but I just copied 1 album ("ripped" to WMA Lossless, no compression) in about 1 minute, 30 seconds to my 64 gb Sandisk USB2go from my Z30. No issues.

My only "idea" would be is to ask how old/fast is your pc from which you are dragging/dropping to the music folder in the mapped "Z" drive? Does you pc have a lot of stuff running in the background, utilizing resources?

You might try to make sure that BB Link is not set to open on device connection (there's a "switch"/checkbox to flip that on/off, and then try plugging in the data cable into another usb port to force the driver "re-load" for the new buss address, and then try the drag/drop again into the "Z" drive Music folder..........
    03-16-15 09:48 AM
    I read similar complaints in the past but don't know what might cause it.

On a few occasions I've had to restore data to a 32 or 63 gig sd card. It will take a few hours but moves along reasonably well moving that much data using either wifi sharing or a usb cable. I've never tried using BBLink.
    03-16-15 10:00 AM