This the second time it has happened. The first time, I suspected it was my sd card so I changed to another one. Essentially, all of a sudden (it may have happened when I restarted the device while it was uploading a video to youtube the first time... the second time, the only thing I can remember doing prior to fail was using the neutron player). I can see a thumbnail on Blackberry link and when I use file manager, I can see the file but when I try to open the file, I get the attached email message (see screen shot). It happens with pictures, music as well as any videos on the main directory on the sd card (but not on the ones inside the Blackberry subdirectory). It also fails if I try to open a media file with the appropriate app. That is the second screenshot.

When I put the sd card in my computer, the directory is there (eg. Camera and Videos directory) but the directory is empty.

I am at a loss as to what is going on. I know this happens when the sd card is being indexed but it has been a day now and the music, videos and pictures still do not appear. Help![ATTACH=CONFIG]230Suddenly can't access media files on sd card-img_00000781-2-.png041[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Suddenly can't access media files on sd card-img_00000782-2-.png  
    12-14-13 10:38 PM
    I have had the exact same thing happened to me.
    3 times now. Are you using 10.2.1.1055?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 03:34 AM
    With official os for z30, I don't fave any such probs, r u using any leaks?

Via The Monster Z30
    12-15-13 05:45 AM
    I am using 4.2.0.429

This is the second 64 gb media card that this has happened with

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 06:18 AM
    I've been experiencing the same thing for the last 4 days. It was all fine a dandy until I upgraded my SanDisk Ultra 64GB to an SanDisk Extreme Ultra 64GB. So, I'll start with all the basics. I formatted the new card in the phone. Using the latest official OS on Rogers. No sideloaded apps. The original SD worked fine, but once in awhile I would get a single file here and there that would give me the same "You don't have permission to access this file" but overall worked. What is happening as far as I can see is the folders/files are being set to "Read only" and thus they start to become inaccessible, then they disappear, they become hidden, like a system directory/file. The directory/files are not deleting by themselves.

I can view the files via Link, but not via the device file manager or as a USB mass storage device.

The other thing I notice is that when viewing the SD card under Media Card Details, the Other Data had some data. This is on my SD, not my device storage. Very strange.

So far, I've tried rebooting, reformatting the card on the phone, using guiformat.exe, using FAT32 instead, putting the card in my laptop via adapter and transferring my files that way.

Now, I don't know if guys are encrypting your SD cards, but I was. I suspect that my Z30 was constantly encrypting and thus corrupting my SD card files even after I've turned encryption off. Of course this is just a guess.

So now, I've wiped my phone and started from scratch. No restore from backup. No encryption. Formatted the new card in the phone again. I got all my files back on the SD card and checked now, there is no data in the Other Data category, as it should be.

I'll report back to this post in a day or so, let you guys know how it is going.

BTW, I tweeted Michael Clewley about this, but he is on vacation until after the New Year.

UPDATE: Ok, wipe didn't help. After an hour, I decided to reboot and that's when the troubles began. Basically everything on the SD card disappears or is not accessible. Did notice that when I viewed the media card details there was 38 MB of Other Data, maybe it is not related but that's what I saw. Hopefully someone smarter than me can tell me what is going on here.
    Last edited by young guy; 12-15-13 at 10:10 AM.
    12-15-13 07:13 AM
    Can you still access files in the /Blackberry directory? I can but can't access the ones in the /camera or /video
    12-15-13 04:58 PM
    First up - I've seen that error when an app writes a file or folder to a target as it stays owner, and no one else has permissions.

One other thing to be cautious of is low cost cards - look up SOSFakeFlash

Finally I've seen two apps that have versions known to kill your documents and SD card.

One is the Comics app. And the other is Pacemaker or something (some music sequencing app that cost a fortune that people raved about). Neither developer seemed to particularly care (especially the Pace guys). But that could be a reason as well.

For the SD Card you can probably remove it from your BlackBerry and override the security settings.

There is also a media encryption option in 10.2.1 that will do this as a new 10.2.1 build will not have access to the card and neither would PCS

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-15-13 05:12 PM
    I wonder if it is the Neutron music player that does it... I used just before both failures...

If it is a matter of the music player taking possession of the files when it crashes, I wonder if there is a way to remove the security settings.

How does one remove security settings on a directory? Thanks.
    12-15-13 05:25 PM
    Can you still access files in the /Blackberry directory? I can but can't access the ones in the /camera or /video
    I don't keep any files on the device. It is all on my SD card. Eventually I lose access to the whole card. It all becomes blank but the thumbnails still populate in Link.

I don't have any of those apps installed as mentioned. I got, Skype, Weather Network, BeMaps Pro, CB10, BlackBerry Travel, MAKE, NFB, IP cam viewer, and KeePass for BlackBerry.

I don't have music but do have a few movies loaded, but I rarely play them.

Another thing I noticed now is when I enable the USB mass storage setting, Windows doesn't recognize the card and wants me to format. Anyone else experience this?
    If I use Windows to format, disable mass storage, the phone then doesn't recognize the card. I'm forced to format using the phone, then Windows says it doesn't recognize the card.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by young guy; 12-16-13 at 07:31 AM.
    12-15-13 06:56 PM
    I've had the exact same thing occur with my 64GB SD. I figured it related to my leaked OS version 10.2.1.1055. I had to use recovery tools to extract data :/

Would be interested to know what the cause is. For now, I no longer use my SD card at all - worried about data loss.
    12-15-13 07:43 PM
    I have tried several recovery tools to no avail. Has any used one that works? This is incredibly frustrating
    12-16-13 06:21 AM
    Jeez everyone needs to learn how to properly search. This is an issue with the formatting of some SD cards especially SDXC. Look at this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post9647066 and format it to FAT32. If you say you have done this, do it again.
    12-16-13 07:59 AM
    Jeez everyone needs to learn how to properly search. This is an issue with the formatting of some SD cards especially SDXC. Look at this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post9647066 and format it to FAT32. If you say you have done this, do it again.
    Searched and saw that post and the post within that post. Properly read it, so far it varies from it impacts 10.2.1.1055 only to a mix of "my 64BGB card has been working fine since Feb" to "1055 get stuck trying to download the media card driver to handle exFAT format". Got the idea to trying guiformat.exe from those two post. So yes, I know how to search. I tried what 3HB78FTG posted as his recommendation, even though I am not using leaks or 1055. I have no problem formatting the card in the phone, it doesn't get stuck. It shows up properly as 59.4GB free space. Overall my issue doesn't exactly match what people are experiencing in those two posts, but I tried their suggested solution anyway.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by young guy; 12-16-13 at 08:45 AM.
    12-16-13 08:35 AM
    The only reason I said that, not meaning to offend you, is because I experienced the EXACT same issue with my SDXC card and it turns out it doesn't play nice with NTFS or exFAT. Additionally, I found that the Z10 running official 10.2.0.429 SW release could handle the card no matter what, but my Z30 had issues. If you've tried formatting it to FAT32 and tried all the other associated stuff, maybe you just have a defective card. I know one of my USBs (64GB) is useless because everything is "write/read protected" on it unless you're in Linux.
    12-16-13 08:57 AM
    Hard reset did the trick for me (battery pull, except for Z30 and Q5 where you need to press and hold both volume buttons until the BB logo appears).
    Defragmenting your SDC will also help.
    In case you haven't known, to defrag your SDC you need to turn USB Mass Storage on.
    Then you'll be able to defrag it using your computer.
    01-10-14 01:39 AM
    This has happened to me twice now as well. First time was just completely random as I did not install any new updates and I was on an official OS. Second happened as I installed the new 1925 leak. The media on the SD card showed up right away but then after a restart all was gone. I'm using a SanDisk extreme 32gb in fat32 format. Also of note, since day one my z30 has had troubles formatting cards. I've needed to format it in my z10 first for it to work. Also I have used 2 different SanDisk cards as well. Still same problem

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 06:20 PM
    I have a 64GB Extreme and a 64GB Ultra. The Extreme wouldn't stay stable. After a couple of days or so it started behaving the way described above. The Ultra is working flawlessly for months, since I originally had it in the Z10 from Feb to swapping over to the Z30 in Oct till today. The Ultra has had no issues in the Z's. I've tried 3 different Extreme cards, it just wasn't stable. I now have the Extreme in my Q10, works great. I'm not sure if there's any relation between the Extreme cards and being unstable in my Z30 but that was my experience.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:34 AM
    OK I have a Z10 and have had a ScanDisk 64GB Ultra in it since I got it back in August, 2013. I have never had an issues with the media until recently. I started having issues with the quality of the pictures when I would send them to anyone via mms, bbm, or email they would be pixelated and just bad but when I look at the picture in my folder it is perfect. As of yesterday I can't take a picture or video, I can not delete anything. It gives me error code 0x8007045D and says can not save. Its like I have all of the sudden been locked out of my sd card. I tried gaining access to it with a computer and still not letting me do anything. I am running the official t-mobile released 10.2.1.2156 don't know what to do, please help!
    06-18-14 10:08 AM
    Same exact thing happened to me. I'm using a 64 GB media card for almost a year with no problems. Today, suddenly I cannot save any pictures or videos to the media card. I cannot format or delete it, it's completely locked
    06-19-14 12:15 AM
    I'm having the same issue.. I have a Z10 with a 64gb SanDisk SD Card.

My wife is having a similar issue with her Q10.

This didn't happen before the last official OS update, which I know included changes to allow the use of SD cars with greater capacity.

It appears to be more of a problem to edited pics.

Usually you can track some of these pics using the file manager.

I noticed something unusual when doing this today.. the edited files had a saved time of an hour in the future. I'm wondering if it is an issue for us British on BST time zone?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:14 AM
    I've experienced this now twice in 3 days, but didn't have it ever before. I have a Sandisk Ultra 64GB and have been using it for about half a year without too many problems. I haven't actually lost my data. It's still on the card and when I remove the battery and put it back in my Z10 will start scanning it for media and will ultimately rebuild the indexes (which takes a very long time). I'm wondering whether it has something to do with an issue with the internal media index or something. It seems like that's the thing that's getting corrupted... I still have 4GB left on my internal memory and about 20GB on the 64GB card.
    Would be great if someone knew what is actually causing this and how to avoid it!

My Z10 model number is STL100-2 on 10,2.1.2941
    06-23-14 03:29 PM
    I ended up reformatting my 64 GB SD card with exFat instead of FAT32. I read articles that certain Sandisk cards had issues with FAT32, and I might have been hit with that. I had to take out the SD and format it using exFat on my mac, but after re-transferring all my media on it things seem to be better. No crashes since and for some reason the Z10 media scanning over the card is now also faster.
    06-25-14 02:28 AM
    Had the same problem after using the mass storage mode to add some new music. Tried all the suggestions and couldn't get anything to work. Ended up using an adapter for the micro card and copying everything to my desktop since all the files were still there. Put the card back in erased and formatted then transferred most of the files back (didn't transfer all the photos since I then copied them to my external hard drive). Everything working again.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 07:41 AM
    i having the same problem in my Z10 10.3.1 updated os.. pls tell solutions.. im using new 32 gb samsung class 10 memory card
    04-07-15 12:47 AM
    I know you have a separate thread. At this point all I can suggest is to try using the card in an adapter on the computer for a while and see if it performs better as a kind of thumb drive. It is hard to tell if it is the card or your phone that is the problem.

Or try a different card in the phone.
    04-07-15 08:50 AM
28 12