Stuck on setup step after wifi connection
Got Z30 2 weeks back. As I do not have SIM, so was just playing with different apps/options and working fine.
Now suddenly (do not know what I did), i got the setup screen.
In first screen it shows 3 rectangle box and first two are marked done.
The text as below:
"These last steps will customize your device for your region and data services......."
there is Next button, so clicked on that.
Connect to Mobile network
As I do not have SIM, i skipped this step (there is skip button in bottom).
(Later tried with SIM from Koodo, same result)
third screen.: Connect to Wi-Fi.
Connected to my home wi-fi. Says connected.
Then there is Hotspot Login and Previous button.
If i click on Hotspot Login, it says:
"Your blackberry device is now connected to the internet."
there is only close button.
Clicked on that, will bring to previous screen of "Connect to Wi-Fi"
I am stuck here only.. no where to go. Tried all swipe left right top down.. tried soft reset.. whenever open, have same setup screen.
- 06-07-15, 01:51 PM #4
Have you connected to your computer and done a backup? Try that and re-install the OS.
When I first got the Z30 I set it up without a SIM and had no issues.
Bring back random taglines!
Thanks. well nothing there much for backup except couple of pictures while testing.. and there is no way for backup.
Switched off the phone. Open the link in PC. Connected device to PC. Switched on the phone. Link asked to reload the OS and did that. Took around 15 minutes and then got back all setup from beginning and worked fine.
Still, thinking why it got stuck in infinite loop of setup process.
- By CrackBerry Question in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-11-15, 06:18 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 8Last Post: 06-08-15, 04:32 PM
- By Deathcommand in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 14Last Post: 06-08-15, 03:31 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-15, 05:40 PM
- By Instapaper Klip in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 1Last Post: 06-06-15, 09:09 AM