Im looking for a device that plugs into hdmi that lets you stream your laptop or phone display to it, that way i dont have to use long hdmi cables.
    04-08-14 03:43 PM
    Im looking for a device that plugs into hdmi that lets you stream your laptop or phone display to it, that way i dont have to use long hdmi cables.
    I assume you mean streaming from the phone to a TV:
    Get a Chromecast, and the app for the Z30.Will have to sideload the Snap thingy, and then the Chromecast App to the phone.
    No cables.
    Chrome cast goes into tv.
    I have 3 of them in my house and all workie fine thank you.

c

c
    04-08-14 03:55 PM
    What you'll need is a Miracast dongle. Someone gave me the names of a few recently, I'll try to find them. But honestly you could just google that or maybe check on Amazon too.

No app needed with Miracast, it's baked into the OS.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-08-14 03:59 PM
    The Chromecast app works? I've been waiting for confirmation on that. Can you just stream Youtube etc. or can you actually screen cast?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:07 PM
    Try a Raspberry Pi with XBMC

Z10
    Elite1 and NtotheK like this.
    04-08-14 04:14 PM
    I'd like my phone or pc to be able to stream. Anime, Games, Video, Desktop, BBM, ect.
    04-08-14 04:17 PM
    I'd like my phone or pc to be able to stream. Anime, Games, Video, Desktop, BBM, ect.
    Get Miracast, try Netgear Push2TV 3000
    Z30 has capability built in.

Alternative, there are apps on Snap where you can stream what you are watching to TV or if you are running XMBC you can try "Play To..." to see if that works. But if you don't have a PC connected to TV you need Push2TV or "Miracast Dongle"
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-09-14 12:18 PM
    Netgear works well

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:31 PM
    The Chromecast app works? I've been waiting for confirmation on that. Can you just stream Youtube etc. or can you actually screen cast?

Posted via CB10
    You have to Sideload the Snap app, then you can install direct .apk files, like say the Chromecast app, and you may want to look at Avia Media Player, it's free, but with a 2.99 in app purchase, it unlocks the "Cast" button and you can cast youtube, netflix, and local media from the micro SD card, all to your big a** TV. I have 3 Chromeycasties running in the house, and all be fine.......

c

I am doing this with a Hisense Sero Pro tab, and just updated the OS in my Z30 so now I can go and install Snap, and other .apk files.
    04-09-14 01:35 PM
    Try a Raspberry Pi with XBMC
    Just thinking about this one, and I don't think it's as helpful as Miracast.
    I believe it's basically a DLNA stream from BB10 to XBMC, so anything with a DRM policy might not stream.

Miracast is pure screen share, so works for streaming anything from BB10.

Of course XBMC has lots of other advantages and lots of content available on its own.
    04-09-14 11:16 PM
    can anyone confirm if the latest version of chromecast app connects to chromecast if installed on Z30? anyone practically using it?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:30 PM
    Any wireless hdmi device would do what i ant it to do. Plug er into my phone or the laptop and BAM, done.
    04-10-14 12:13 AM
    It actually plugs into the TV not the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 09:21 PM
    Can i stream from my laptop too?
    04-10-14 10:08 PM
    The PTV3000 hooks directly to the display (TV, monitor, or projector) via HDMI. It also has the ability to plug into that display port via USB for powering the PTV vs. having to plug in to a separate electrical outlet (it can do both outlet as it ships with a plug adapter and power via USB).

I simply updated the PTV firmware (version 2.4.38 as of this writing). That's all I had to do.

I can stream content wireless from my Surface Pro 2 (running Windows 8.1, update 1) and my BlackBerry. I didn't load anything else on either of device.

Lag was minimal. The PTV connects via 1:1 with your streaming source, meaning, if you are in an environment that doesn't have internet access (like a conference room at a hotel or a classroom at church that is outside the WiFi reach) it works fine. My son hooked up a USB XBox 360 controller to my Surface Pro 2 and fired up Asphalt 8 and projected and played wireless on the TV 15 feet away with no issues (related to lag). Display was 1080P.

Streaming PowerPoint, Images, a video - near instant. Gaming may be affected due to line of site and distance from streaming source. I tested up to 40 feet away. But, walls or distance could cause stuttering. Outside influence could also include microwave (oven) or BlueTooth devices simultaneously connected to source (like a keyboard/mouse).
    04-14-14 12:39 PM