To me I actually like the look of the device from what I seen so far from the a-10 and it looks like it may be aluminum at the bottom as well as around the phone it self. Obviously it's specs is better than current phones out. All in all if the device as far as hardware and software can give the competition a run for their money even not with the best specs but bring out the best features it may have a chance in the current market today. I'll get one.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:36 PM
    I have come to think overtime BlackBerry needs to play the spec game for just one device only. This is their shot.

I don't care about 1080p screen. Consumers need to educate themselves that 99% of the effect of having such a screen on a handset device is reduced battery. BlackBerry could find a way to market around that.

But everything else should be upped.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    You're suggesting bb MARKETS their way out of that???!!!!!!!!

Wow.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-14-13 11:40 PM
    The moto X will be 720p with a dual core processor. If you look on the android forums most are defending it. Saying 720p and dual core is enough if the software is optimized to run smooth. I don't think 1080p will be the standard.

Posted via CB10
    The Moto x is clearly not meant to run with the high end big boys. AC is defending it in terms of being a slightly cheaper device. It seems to want to fulfill that purpose. Can't aim big and go small. I don't think the moto x is aiming big. But BlackBerry is, except they're going small.

07-14-13 11:46 PM
    BGR didn't give much indication what their source was for that rumored spec, or how old that information is. They could have been taking shots in the dark too. There has been NO OTHER SOURCE that has corroborated this in any way, so it remains speculative.

Okay, let's assume for a minute that it's a worst case scenario, and that we're looking at a device that offers absolutely no benefit over a Z10. No better processor, no better graphics, just a bigger battery and a bigger screen with the same resolution. I'll totally agree with you, why would they bother? And who knows, maybe that's just the best they can do now. Maybe that's what they've been reduced to.

If they're that bad off, why are they even still worth your attention? Why all this energy being wasted on complaining about RUMORS? I still don't get the point of this discussion.

The A10 will either be good enough, or it won't. And we won't know for sure until it ships. This discussion is WAAAAAY premature.
    Oh I get it, this conversation just hurts you 'really deep inside'. You can't handle it. You're in denial. Is that it? Why else would it itch you so much? You're a Dev and are ticked off that consumers just don't care about bb anymore (but they do care, else they wouldn't be crying about the A10). Anyway, shouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket. Especially not this one. That's all I'll say.

07-14-13 11:52 PM
    We'll see what it costs. I think you'll be surprised. But to correct your assertion it is every flagship android device that is quad core. Not iphone, windows or BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    And it is only Android phones that go as far as 5+ inch screens... So yeah, that's the competition. That's your target market. Gotta deliver. They're joining a market, not creating one. Thus, they must adhere to what that market wants. And it ain't 720p or dual core, that's for sure.

07-14-13 11:55 PM
    To me I actually like the look of the device from what I seen so far from the a-10 and it looks like it may be aluminum at the bottom as well as around the phone it self. Obviously it's specs is better than current phones out. All in all if the device as far as hardware and software can give the competition a run for their money even not with the best specs but bring out the best features it may have a chance in the current market today. I'll get one.

Posted via CB10
    If the Z10 is any indication of such device, than most likely the answer is no, it won't have a chance in the market today. Much less in late 2013.

These facts just hurttttt. They even hurt me. The real question is why bb? Why did you make me sell my Z10? That's ultimately what it is. All these things, my last 5 posts to this thread.. And it's just the tip of the iceberg! Too many red flags.

07-14-13 11:58 PM
    Oh I get it, this conversation just hurts you 'really deep inside'. You can't handle it. You're in denial. Is that it? Why else would it itch you so much? You're a Dev and are ticked off that consumers just don't care about bb anymore (but they do care, else they wouldn't be crying about the A10). Anyway, shouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket. Especially not this one. That's all I'll say.

The conversation hurts my HEAD. BlackBerry makes enough real mistakes that I don't get why we're picking on theoretical ones.

Whatever the spec is, it's pretty close to locked. If the phone isn't good enough the market will let BlackBerry know very quickly. And it will be what they deserve.

If the A10 amounts to nothing more than a 5" Z10 then I'll just keep my Z10. I'm hoping the A10 will be better than that, but I see no point in losing sleep over it either way.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    07-15-13 12:21 AM
    If you're expecting Blackberry to come out with a superphone or something that matches the latest specs then you're going to be disappointed. Blackberry isn't in the superphone game because nobody is interested in the latest specs if they can't use the latest apps.

Blackberry is in more of the "You like Blackberries? OK. Here's a nice one plus a coupon to seal the deal" game.
    07-15-13 12:35 AM
    They hate what they have not seen. Its called rumored spec for a reason and people already crying
    Blackberry users cant be pleased
    Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:05 AM
    Lets start judging it once it's actually released.

Z10 had the same BS speculations of specs and what not and only 40% was actually accurate.
    Actually the leaked specs were pretty spot on which is why I believe most people (myself included) are worried about the A10. Here's some proof http://www.newcellphonesblog.com/bla...-pictures.html

http://techwalls.com/blackberry-10-l...-specs-leaked/

http://bgr.com/2013/01/16/blackberry...s-leak-293212/

http://rapidberry.net/leaked-blackbe...pecifications/

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:56 AM
    Lets start judging it once it's actually released.

Z10 had the same BS speculations of specs and what not and only 40% was actually accurate.
    But what if the specs are right? What is your position then?
    07-15-13 05:10 AM
    The conversation hurts my HEAD. BlackBerry makes enough real mistakes that I don't get why we're picking on theoretical ones.

Whatever the spec is, it's pretty close to locked. If the phone isn't good enough the market will let BlackBerry know very quickly. And it will be what they deserve.

If the A10 amounts to nothing more than a 5" Z10 then I'll just keep my Z10. I'm hoping the A10 will be better than that, but I see no point in losing sleep over it either way.

This comment is perfect. If they release a phone with outdated specs then they're going to get hit with some reality one way or the other. I also completely agree that if it's simply a bigger Z10 then people should just stick with the Z10 and actually they should buy the Z10 because the price will be pushed down once the A10 fully hits the market at the $199 price tag. I'm perfectly happy with my Z10 and until the A10 is announced there's no reason to complain. I won't lie though. I hope the specs are more like the ones leaked a while ago or the ones from the Gadget Masters

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 05:20 AM
    Wow, looks like Android Central is attacking

Why on Earth who complain here about upcoming A10 (or whatever it will be called) saying that everyone is moving to 1080 screens? iPhone 5 - 640 x 1136 pixels, dual core, 1GB, Windows 8 phones - 1280x768, dual core, 1GB (OK, Lumia 1020 is 2 GB). It's only Android phones that have 1080 screens, meta-octa-cores (marketing BS) and other specs. Apple probably won't bump resolution in next iPhone, Windows Phone is expected to have 1080 in 8.1 version, but it's still rumor. Next year also BlackBerry might move to 1080 screens if they see any advantage of using it.

Those who say "give me 1080 screen and Google Play" - why don't you get HTC One, Galaxy S4 or any other Android phone?
    07-15-13 05:35 AM

Why on Earth who complain here about upcoming A10 (or whatever it will be called) saying that everyone is moving to 1080 screens? iPhone 5 - 640 x 1136 pixels, dual core, 1GB, Windows 8 phones - 1280x768, dual core, 1GB (OK, Lumia 1020 is 2 GB). It's only Android phones that have 1080 screens, meta-octa-cores (marketing BS) and other specs. Apple probably won't bump resolution in next iPhone, Windows Phone is expected to have 1080 in 8.1 version, but it's still rumor. Next year also BlackBerry might move to 1080 screens if they see any advantage of using it.

Those who say "give me 1080 screen and Google Play" - why don't you get HTC One, Galaxy S4 or any other Android phone?
    TRUE.
    07-15-13 05:47 AM

They do, in vast numbers - that's the problem.
    agp101 and avidberry like this.
    07-15-13 05:48 AM
    You guys are right to demand higher specs because you never know if it's too late to influence how the A10 ultimately ships. Movies get re-written when test audiences complain, so you never know what BB may do to win over customers.

Performance matters, and specs can relate to performance. I moved from the Z10 to the HTC One, and while I really liked the BB10 experience, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is the better hardware/software option. Sound quality, styling, display, camera, and native apps running over the system continue to impress. I would have gone back to the Z10 if it'd been better than the HTC One without a doubt. All of the high end smartphones are pretty good, so to get noticed you have to be the best. BB can't win with one arm tied behind its back. I'd consider the A10 if it delivers a superior phone, but not if it's mediocre.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-15-13 06:12 AM
    [QUOTE=
    All of the high end smartphones are pretty good, so to get noticed you have to be the best...

The Z10 provides the BEST keyboard smart capability functionality. For me "this" is the priority. BB10's Z10 experience is/and has been superior/unmatched PERIOD in this area. So you like your HTC One experience. Good for you. Am sure I love my Z10 experience just as much. . I would say Keep it moving BlackBerry. Whoever you are, I believe the A10 will be a nice addition to the BlackBerry family of phones, and communication systems with or without you.
    07-15-13 07:18 AM
    I agree with the original poster

I am long BlackBerry stock and got my *** handed to me from the last ER.

The way i see it, either get put of the hardware business, or create hardware that is 150% and will make everyone on the planet want one.

There is absolutely nothing more detrimental for a 'flagship' than mediocrity.

Please knock everyone's socks off with the A10 or don't release it

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    07-15-13 08:33 AM
    And it is only Android phones that go as far as 5+ inch screens... So yeah, that's the competition. That's your target market. Gotta deliver. They're joining a market, not creating one. Thus, they must adhere to what that market wants. And it ain't 720p or dual core, that's for sure.

The market is more than one screen size or resolution. Different types desire different experiences. Like other posters have pointed out, we don't actually know what the specs will even be. But, that being said there is no one answer when it comes to what consumers want.

I will say that Google will be trying to differentiate themselves with optimized and unique software. The spec war is ending. It was fun while it lasted but the real winners of the next phase will have the best experience. The octacore processor will still be pitched by salesmen to teenage boys but most others will seek the best experience. I think even Samsung is realizing that.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:18 AM
    The market is more than one screen size or resolution. Different types desire different experiences. Like other posters have pointed out, we don't actually know what the specs will even be. But, that being said there is no one answer when it comes to what consumers want.

I will say that Google will be trying to differentiate themselves with optimized and unique software. The spec war is ending. It was fun while it lasted but the real winners of the next phase will have the best experience. The octacore processor will still be pitched by salesmen to teenage boys but most others will seek the best experience. I think even Samsung is realizing that.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. We are in the point of diminishing returns for specs. Just as there will never be a 64bit video screen or gpu, there is no need for a 1080p 4-5" screen. And you can be sure that there will never be anything greater than 1080p in the future for 5 inch screens. What will Andoid do when 1080p is the final frontier for them? How will they differentiate themselves? Probably with other useless specs.
    07-15-13 09:35 AM
    Yes. We are in the point of diminishing returns for specs. Just as there will never be a 64bit video screen or gpu, there is no need for a 1080p 4-5" screen. And you can be sure that there will never be anything greater than 1080p in the future for 5 inch screens. What will Andoid do when 1080p is the final frontier for them? How will they differentiate themselves? Probably with other useless specs.
    I'm sure somebody will get 4k into a smartphone in maybe two years and they could always bump up the resolution to a different ratio like the Nexus 10 and Ipad. I know those are tabs but still technology is always evolving quickly.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry makes enough real mistakes that I don't get why we're picking on theoretical ones.
    What a line

But in all fairness, the rumored specs does sound like a Blackberry, may as well take it as final, I'd be more inclined to believe the rumors if BGR said the A10 will ship with 1GB Ram and 5MP camera with no flash, that's how low my expectations have been reduced too, unfortunately.
    07-15-13 10:33 AM
    Except the motox will be half the price of the A10 off contract...lol

Doesn't matter about what us cb useres really think. It's mid 2013 where every flagship phone, save wp8, has quad core 1080p screens etc.... this phone has to compete in the later third of 2013 which means quad core, 1080p, ir blaster, 4gb ram etc are neccesary, regardless of whether or not the bb10 needs high specs to operate. Consumers look at numbers before they even think about performance. Same mentality with the avg person thinking a car with V8 > v6...

Remember, we DONT sell devices, but sales reps do, and these sales reps only look at the highest specd devices, sans iphone, to sell like the gs4 or HTC one. A quad

Posted via CB10
    Sales reps aren't looking at specs when selling. They're looking at what phones are easily sales for their customers. $0 phones and phones that won't give them any problems (i.e., customer coming back with issues).

I think it's rare that a customer walks in an says, "I want the most expensive phone you have and/or the phone with the greatest performance "

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 10:50 AM

Good reply. Though I still see no harm in discussing the A10.

07-15-13 11:29 AM

You clearly missed my comment some posts above yours. IPhone isn't in the 5+ inch screen market. Neither is windows. To compete in that market, you have to essentially come out with a super phone. That is the "super phone " market so to speak.

07-15-13 11:32 AM
75 123