I have finally figured out why some Album Artwork is missing. For some reason the associated jpg file doesn't always copy over from iTunes, unless you physically copy the image to the appropriate songs in iTunes - it then copies over to Blackberry Link perfectly. If you use your BB File Manager app, you can see that the associated jpg file is included with each song where the album cover is there. In some inexplicable cases, it is simply missing but you may find a pattern with non-original iTunes music where the "get album artwork" feature was used. The solution - using an iMac is set forth below.

1. Find the correct album cover on the Internet by searching for images and copy the image (you don�t have to download it, using an iMac view the image in a new browser window, right click on the image and �copy image�). If the album cover is visible open ITunes and you can use Command C to copy from iTunes Artwork.
    2. Open iTunes (if not already open) and sort by Artists. When you find the album with the missing art in Blackberry Link (it may not look like its missing in iTunes, but ignore that) right click and get info.
    3. You will be asked: �Are you sure you want to edit information for multiple items?� Click yes.
    4. The multiple item information box in iTunes will come up and on the right had side is a box labeled artwork that will look blank.
    5. Click on the artwork box so that it is highlighted, then from the iTunes menu bar click edit; then paste or use Command V and click ok.
    6. If you open Blackberry Link you will see that the art appears under music from your iMac - give it a few seconds.
    7. Right click and copy to your Blackberry. That should do it.
    8. This procedure works for multiple songs under one album. If you only have one song, you will have to actually download the image, copy it unless you can already see it, and then paste it into album artwork while in iTunes. If you can see the image, simply copy and paste using Command V and Command C in the same Artwork window and it will show up in BB Link. Using the �Get Album Artwork� procedure in iTunes for songs with missing artwork in BB Link does not solve the problem.
    9. For whatever reason, this procedure copies the appropriate image file and associates it with the respective album. If you open BB Link quickly, give it a few seconds to find the artwork - it will.
    Last edited by PeterC4; 06-01-14 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Original post edited for helpful comments in this thread
    05-31-14 10:32 AM
    I have no clue why link doesn't just copy the album art from ITunes.. just crazy. Thanks OP for the infirmation!

I also found that if the artwork is in Itunes... you can right click one of the songs and click "get info". Go the Album Art tab... click on the image and do a command C. This way you don't have to find the art on the web.

Then you can select all of the album tracks and go to get info. And paste the image in the album art field.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:56 AM
    Okay Tesla that works. So instead of having to find it on the web, you can copy it, if it is in your album artwork and paste starting from Step 3 above. It is very strange...but it works. And you can use Command V to paste quickly as well. And for single tracks, you can Command Copy and Command Paste in the image Window and voila, it shows up in Blackberry Link....very very weird. Original post above was edited.
    Last edited by PeterC4; 06-01-14 at 05:49 AM.
    05-31-14 06:33 PM
    Good guide, although, in my opinion, the best way is to deal with album art is to do it manually with a tag editor and folder.jpg files.

For a Windows guide on how to deal with missing album art (which, mercifully, doesn't need iTunes), look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=907323

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    05-31-14 06:38 PM
    There's an app for that. It's called ID3iot
    It's free and works very well, it's 1.99 or so to unlock the capability to edit multiple items simultaneously. And it's Built for Blackberry!!

The Solution to Missing Album Artwork for BB10-img_20140531_184031.png

The Solution to Missing Album Artwork for BB10-img_20140531_183958.png

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 06:46 PM
    There's an app for that. It's called ID3iot
    It's free and works very well, it's 1.99 or so to unlock the capability to edit multiple items simultaneously. And it's Built for Blackberry!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140531_184031.png 
Views:	881 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	275076

So I assume this ultimately tags the correct album art to the song. Does that mean that when you look at BB Link, the songs that are not linking correctly will not have album cover art and then when you look at the songs on your BB they do? I guess its a quicker fix...maybe. But then again having art missing from the top part of my BB Link Screen would drive me nuts too. It seems if you copy and paste within the iTunes window you fix missing tags and it all works. So it's really not that cumbersome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140531_183958.png 
Views:	880 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	275078

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 08:00 PM
    I haven't encountered any album art not appearing when you just simply copy the file from your computer to your SD card.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-31-14 09:07 PM
    I haven't encountered any album art not appearing when you just simply copy the file from your computer to your SD card.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    I think that works too. The mystery is why iTunes will not transfer music over with Album Art intact for all songs/albums. I find using BB Link to be convenient without needing to take out my SD Card. Sometimes I connect to power up and change around my current playlist so its effective in that way.
    05-31-14 10:43 PM
    iTunes doesn't embed the artwork - it stores it in a file structure that iTunes and the iPhone know how to access). Hence there's no artwork for the BlackBerry (or any other phone except for the iPhone) to find/use.

The steps outlined above for cutting/pasting artwork are how you go about embedding artwork in iTunes.

Once embedded, everything works as expected.
    05-31-14 10:57 PM
    iTunes doesn't embed the artwork - it stores it in a file structure that iTunes and the iPhone know how to access). Hence there's no artwork for the BlackBerry (or any other phone except for the iPhone) to find/use.

The steps outlined above for cutting/pasting artwork are how you go about embedding artwork in iTunes.

Once embedded, everything works as expected.
    Interesting....I just tried this with a new piece of music i downloaded from iTunes. The album art was intact, read by BB Links and copied to my BB with no issues. I did not copy and paste this album art though. So either this art is embedded as you say, or it is read by BB Links differently. Maybe its the music that is not sourced from iTunes that is the issue, even though album art is present.
    05-31-14 11:20 PM
    Interesting....I just tried this with a new piece of music i downloaded from iTunes. The album art was intact, read by BB Links and copied to my BB with no issues. I did not copy and paste this album art though. So either this art is embedded as you say, or it is read by BB Links differently. Maybe its the music that is not sourced from iTunes that is the issue, even though album art is present.
    Here's something to check out. Is the non-iTunes music in MP3 or AAC format? Also, do you have iTunes search for artwork when adding said music?

Finally, if you view these files in an ID3 tag editor does it show artwork as being embedded?

Given the deficiencies that BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop) has with music, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not properly handling non-AAC, non-embedded artwork.
    05-31-14 11:46 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    05-31-14 11:51 PM
    Here's something to check out. Is the non-iTunes music in MP3 or AAC format? Also, do you have iTunes search for artwork when adding said music?

Finally, if you view these files in an ID3 tag editor does it show artwork as being embedded?

Given the deficiencies that BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop) has with music, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not properly handling non-AAC, non-embedded artwork.
    There is a mix of AAC and MPEG files, newer ones being AAC files. I think the culprit is non-iTunes files that are imported into iTunes. I'll test it.
    06-01-14 05:12 AM
    So from what I can see the problem seems to be with older files in iTunes that may not be original iTunes files - that appear to have album artwork when opened in iTunes but do not transfer over using BB Link. If you get info in iTunes and if it is just one song you are concerned about, you can copy and immediately paste the image in the same Artwork window in iTunes and it solves the problem. So I suspect iTunes is showing you the artwork, but there is no embedded artwork for some files. At least that's what it seems like.
    06-01-14 05:30 AM