Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By fromhereonend
  • 1 Post By rocker_man1
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default So I think I might upgrade and go from the Z10 to Z30...

I've had my Z10 since release and it's been flawless... reading over the Z30 forum, it seems I might be missing out on a better device... any reason why I shouldn't make the switch? Any comments from those who went from Z10 to Z30? Regrets?
    CrackBerry User

I made the switch and NO regrets

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by fromhereonend View Post
    I made the switch and NO regrets

Posted via CB10
    For you, what's been better about the Z30?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm a Z10 to Z30 convert,and there are many reasons to switch, as much as I liked my Z10 the Z30 is a superior device, but the one big reason for my switch was the 5" super AMOLED screen, it's big and beautiful, but not too big. I highly recommend the switch, read some reviews, the Z30 ranks high with customers. Good luck in your decision.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    CrackBerry User

Big screen.. battery life

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Yeah, I've pretty much made up my mind that I'll be making the switch when I get back home in a couple weeks... just looking for any reasons to talk myself out of it at this point... I'm guessing a new flag ship touch screen won't be coming this year anyway...
    CrackBerry User

I tried to talk myself out if it too.. it didn't work

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

I recently switched from a Z10 to a Z30. Personally, I didn't like it as much as my Z10 until I loaded 10.2.1 on it like the Z10 had. I like the Z10 screen better. It's brighter, sharper, and more accurate with the colors, imo. That said, the Z30 screen is bigger and therefore you can pick up more detail. The Z30 screen is not such a battery hog as the Z10 screen is, however. Also, the battery life is outstanding on the Z30. My Z10 generally lasted from 6AM to 9 or 10PM before I would get the 10 and 20 percent warnings. I'm pretty sure I could get almost two days of regular usage out of the Z30. And the speakers are outstanding. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Z30. Once it has 10.2.1, it is everything great about the Z10, with a bigger screen, faster processor, great sounding speakers, and bigger battery. What's not to love? Oh, and if you so any gaming on your Z10, it's even better on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by leehardballer12 View Post
    I recently switched from a Z10 to a Z30. Personally, I didn't like it as much as my Z10 until I loaded 10.2.1 on it like the Z10 had. I like the Z10 screen better. It's brighter, sharper, and more accurate with the colors, imo. That said, the Z30 screen is bigger and therefore you can pick up more detail. The Z30 screen is not such a battery hog as the Z10 screen is, however. Also, the battery life is outstanding on the Z30. My Z10 generally lasted from 6AM to 9 or 10PM before I would get the 10 and 20 percent warnings. I'm pretty sure I could get almost two days of regular usage out of the Z30. And the speakers are outstanding. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Z30. Once it has 10.2.1, it is everything great about the Z10, with a bigger screen, faster processor, great sounding speakers, and bigger battery. What's not to love? Oh, and if you so any gaming on your Z10, it's even better on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Great answer... and I couldn't get from 6am to 9pm out of my Z10 if life depended on it... lol

Power user I guess but yeah, no way would I get 15 hours during the average work day...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

Quote Originally Posted by SofaKingBored View Post
    Great answer... and I couldn't get from 6am to 9pm out of my Z10 if life depended on it... lol

Power user I guess but yeah, no way would I get 15 hours during the average work day...
    My job does not depend on my phone, so I have that advantage. Even on weekends though, I generally get a full day, but not until 10! Lol...if you're a power user, one more thing I did not think of is the larger keyboard is even nicer for messaging. Especially if you have big hands like I do.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wait it out till September or get a Z30 off-contract?

I wanna see if it's worth it holding out for the Z30 successor... What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

Quote Originally Posted by Solar 77 View Post

I wanna see if it's worth it holding out for the Z30 successor... What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Or, get the Z30 on the Edge program, if you are with Verizon..

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

No regrets at all. I love my Z30

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Solar 77 View Post

Posted via CB10
    I'm willing to bet the next full touch screen device doesn't come out until 2015 some time... I'll just upgrade again at that time...
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by leehardballer12 View Post

Posted via CB10
    I have made the switch 2 weeks ago and I agree with all your points.

I would add that physically both devices feel quite differently. To me the Z10 still bears the traits of a phone: you can put it in your pocket easily, use it with one hand, turn it in your hand if you like, it feels light, its rugged plastic feel makes it appear less fragile... Plus, its design is more ambitious.

The Z30 by comparison is another beast: It feels considerably heavier, I tend to hold it with 2 hands both for weight and reaching out to the upper half. And yes, tying is great! It is a bit like sports car vs. Limousine. If you would like some extra comfort, horsepower and stamina, go for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts

I did the switch! Love the Z30... it feels like the Z10 but all grown up lol

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4

Quote Originally Posted by maqsbb View Post
    I have made the switch 2 weeks ago and I agree with all your points.

I would add that physically both devices feel quite differently. To me the Z10 still bears the traits of a phone: you can put it in your pocket easily, use it with one hand, turn it in your hand if you like, it feels light, its rugged plastic feel makes it appear less fragile... Plus, its design is more ambitious.

The Z30 by comparison is another beast: It feels considerably heavier, I tend to hold it with 2 hands both for weight and reaching out to the upper half. And yes, tying is great! It is a bit like sports car vs. Limousine. If you would like some extra comfort, horsepower and stamina, go for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Good points as well. Good analogy too...

Posted via CB10