I assume I have to go through the entire setting up google chrome on my computer thing to get Snap ?

By setting up Chrome I mean give it my phone number, name etc... Hate putting that stuff out over the web.
    11-28-15 01:15 PM
    No, you don't have to use Chrome. You can download a beautiful program called Sachesi and sideload the SNAP app. It is very easy to do. Just search CB for Sachesi and download the Snap bar from here: Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    moody likes this.
    11-28-15 01:19 PM
    I assume I have to go through the entire setting up google chrome on my computer thing to get Snap ?

By setting up Chrome I mean give it my phone number, name etc... Hate putting that stuff out over the web.
    You do not have to use Chrome + PlayBook App Manger to side load SNAP.
    You can use Sachesi http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/
    11-28-15 01:21 PM
    No, you don't have to use Chrome. You can download a beautiful program called Sachesi and sideload the SNAP app. It is very easy to do. Just search CB for Sachesi and download the Snap bar from here: Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.
    This is the preferred option.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    11-28-15 03:15 PM

I've never ever had to give name or phone number when downloading chrome

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 03:19 PM
    I don't recall giving Chrome on my PC all of that info. I might have forgotten!

But give Sachesi a go. really nice.
    11-28-15 03:26 PM
    The directions under this link specifically refer to Google Chrome so I don't know else to use this link
    Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.

The other link - Sachesi: Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer - brings me to this page:

https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/

Sachesi 2.0.3

@xsacha xsacha released this on Oct 8 � 2 commits to master since this release

Minor bug fixes.
    Update of versions support.
    Downloads

373 KB

Sachesi2.0.3-Linux.tar.bz2
    13.7 MB
    Sachesi2.0.3-OSX.zip
    Source code (zip)
    Source code (tar.gz)

So specifically what do I do here ? Download all of these files ? Onto my computer and then use my USB hooked up to my phone and transfer from blackberry link ?
    11-29-15 09:14 AM
    Supershredder:

Well, it probably depends on your Computer OS. For Windows, it appears that 2.02 is the latest version. The 7z one is a zip file. Extract all of the files/folders to a new folder on your computer. Hook up the phone to usb/computer and then run it. You do not run Sachesi on the phone. You only use it to install Snap (which is also on your computer) to the phone.

Someone who has installed it more recently may have more info. I don't recall all of those files or folders from when I installed it.
    11-29-15 09:59 AM
    Also OP, just so you know : Google already has that data you don't wish to give it. Also, Snap is a Google play client, little more.
    Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 11:01 AM