Only me..
    I'm finding transfering to the Z30 External SD card a bit of a chore. I'm using sandisc class 10 32gb card.
    It's been completely formatted and within the storage app i can see the card and it only contains 2mb (file structure) when formatted.

I'm sending approx 1gb of photos to the photo flder via usb connected to my mac book pro. It takes about 2 mins loading each photo into the open file window then it proceeds to write to the card which is taking about 14 mins to complete. Is this normal?
    I know the card is working OK as I've tested it with other things and it's pretty quick.

I did have another issue with the card this morning. I finally got the 1gb worth of photos on there, then I sent over a 5gb movie.. it took over 30 mins to transfer, then at the end it said the card was out of memory.
    When i checked the 32gb card only had 6gb left on it but there was nothing there other than the 1gb of photos.

Any ideas anyone please?

thanks.
    10-17-13 05:09 AM
    Many of the Micro SD used in our phones are pretty slow, about 1/3 of what can be found available for camera's etc.
    However if you have a newer MBP you should have an SD card slot which with the Micro SD adapter you can place the media card in and copy your files directly to.
    If an older MBP then use an external card reader if you have one.

Not sure what's up with the transfer but the above may be a viable less frustrating solution.

Do ensure you have a backup of the data on the card and reformat it in the Z30 before doing the above.
    Last edited by SnapzGEG; 10-17-13 at 05:33 AM.
    10-17-13 05:17 AM
    Hi,

I have experienced the same problem with my Z10 and Q10. Then I came to know that different Micro SD cards have different speeds, not just depending on "Classes", they have different transfer rates. That's why you can see different prices for Class 10 series. However, there are some users, they tend to use "professional" series of MicroSD Cards, for instance, for DSLR or point and shoot camera.... into their smartphones, but not all are compatible. You might need to do some research on that.

Anyway, no matter how good the Micros SDs are, when keep moving huge files around frequently, it will become slower and slower on the loading or transfer rate and in the end, the whole SD card will go crazy and somehow the data... will go corrupted (happened to me =.=''')... So yes, try to backup often as you can or use the Cloud service, like BOX or Dropbox to store whatever you want....And yes, agreed with SnapzGEG, try to use a external card reader to do your transfer for "better experience".

Only me..
    I'm finding transfering to the Z30 External SD card a bit of a chore. I'm using sandisc class 10 32gb card.
    It's been completely formatted and within the storage app i can see the card and it only contains 2mb (file structure) when formatted.

I'm sending approx 1gb of photos to the photo flder via usb connected to my mac book pro. It takes about 2 mins loading each photo into the open file window then it proceeds to write to the card which is taking about 14 mins to complete. Is this normal?
    I know the card is working OK as I've tested it with other things and it's pretty quick.

I did have another issue with the card this morning. I finally got the 1gb worth of photos on there, then I sent over a 5gb movie.. it took over 30 mins to transfer, then at the end it said the card was out of memory.
    When i checked the 32gb card only had 6gb left on it but there was nothing there other than the 1gb of photos.

Any ideas anyone please?

thanks.
    10-17-13 06:15 AM
    I bought a class 10 micro sd card for my phone and DSLR. Noticeable difference in speed. Also more expensive but then you get what you pay for!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:31 AM
    Update.
    No idea what the issue was. Did a reset and it then seemed fine

Posted with my Z30
    10-17-13 04:51 PM
    Glad you got this solved.
    10-17-13 06:06 PM
    I find that the speed difference between transferring through the phone and using a card reader is huge. I hope Blackberry fixes it in future phones as its the phone that is limiting the transfer speed in many cases.
    03-02-14 02:46 PM