I bought a blackberry Z30 model STA100-5 and loved the phone, but I'm having a problem with the internet. The signal appears only as G and not with 4G sim card from T-Mobile. I've already contacted with t-mobile and they reported that the coverage area is ok.
    01-06-16 07:33 PM
    Is the Blackberry or wifi symbol blocking the 4? I've never seen just the "G" displayed before. e, edge, gsm, 4g, 4G, lte, LTE I've seen, but not the G by it's self. Have you tried installing any of the BlackBerry or Android apps that show the actual band you are connected to? I know LTE discovery (Android) shows what LTE and GSM bands the phone is using.
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 01-06-16 at 08:06 PM.
    01-06-16 07:55 PM
    I tried to download the app but could not. It appears only the signal as "G" or "E" and it is impossible to access anything from the internet so slow!
    01-08-16 08:34 PM
    Things to try: go into network settings - mobile network. Switch mobile network selection to manual, then pick another network - any other network. Then go back to your home network (i.e the one for your sim), change back to automatic network selection, and turn off the phone. Remove the SIM, wait 5 min, put it back in, reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, get up to date APN settings for your provider (they should be a valuable on their support pages) then check against the APN settings on your Z30 (also on the network settings page). Delete the APN and recreate if necessary.

HTH

Niall

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 11:32 PM