ok guy's, i recently switched from an iphone 5 to the z30. i love it btw! however, there are a couple apps that i really need.. mainly paypal to start. ive done some research and cant figure out this whole side load thing. can anyone help me out here?
    11-18-13 08:28 AM
    Ok first download this tool from here: DDPB – PlayBook Tool

Install it and make sure its installed correctly.

Secondly find a working paypal bar file from here and download it: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...g-bb10-766594/

Take your phone, go into settings and scroll to security then development mode and from there make sure its turned on.
    Next open up ddpb, connect your phone and connect to ddpb...make sure you put the device password in. If all goes well then it should connect fine. In ddpb click on add files ie check the box of the file then click on install and it will install it. If it all goes well, you should have paypal now on your device. Keep in mind it may run sluggish as its not made natively for Blackberry.

Hope this helps.
    11-18-13 08:55 AM
    There is also the Google Chrome method which I found was quite easy.

On the road now so can't post the exact link but if you go to the android side loading part of the forum and search Google Chrome side loading, you will get the instructions you need.

Cheers,

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 10:02 AM
    There is also Paypal.com, which works on the phone browser, just like it does on your desktop.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I only download applications with access to my money using BlackBerry World and the official app of the financial institution or use the financial intitution's web site through the browser.
    11-18-13 10:06 AM
    There is also Paypal.com, which works on the phone browser, just like it does on your desktop.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I only download applications with access to my money using BlackBerry World and the official app of the financial institution or use the financial intitution's web site through the browser.
    Perhaps, but I had Bank of America's app on my previous android phone before I switched to Z10. Wasn't able to get it sideloaded to Z10, but
    works flawlessly (so far) with Z30 and 1055os since I didn't have to convert files.Sent an email from android phone with apk file, and Z30 loaded it straight from the email attachment.
    11-18-13 01:28 PM