Hey something happened to side volume buttons. They no longer seem to function. When playing music I can use the touch slider, but nothing happens if I try to adjust with the buttons on the side.
    I noticed this on a phone call I used to be able to adjust caller volume with my side keys.
    Now nothing happens when I used the up or down buttons.
    I have the newest update and I am positive they worked after the update.
    The only thing I can think of is, I was in future shop testing head phones yesterday day. I used my phone as the source and plugged several different headphones in.
    Is is possible that somehow the phone volume control when to the headphones?
    I can't find any setting that will change so my volume buttons will function.
    Any help?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:57 PM
    Have you tried inserting and disconnecting another headphone now?
    You can also use the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app to see if it can detect them not working

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:59 PM
    Also check in Settings under Main Volume and see if your Volume Keys setting have been changed.
    02-16-14 08:04 PM
    OP- I find they work inconsistently .... sometimes they are unresponsive for a while after a head set was connected. Then they work for a while. The volume controls on my z10 are better--- one of the very few items where my wonderful Z30 is eclipsed by my almost-as-good z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:30 PM
    I did check setting main volume, when I used to go there I could either adjust with the slider or the volume buttons.
    But now nothing happens when I use the volume buttons. I tried playing with the off and on options of the other settings in that screen, makes no difference.
    I just tried my stereo head phones and used the slider on them to adjust volume. But it doesn't change the input volume only output.
    Even went to the more options in the music player, in that setting you can select ether speaker, headset or handset.
    Really strange, I don't thing anything physically happen to the volume buttons somehow the just got turned off in my opinion, question how to turn them back on.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:34 PM
    Curiously, I find that the volume level indicator on screen doesn't move, but the actual volume level does change. After the indicator disappears, hitting the volume rocker again shows the volume at the correct level.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:35 PM
    I tried to do a soft reset by holding the keys down, and noticed it wouldn't even take a screen shot.
    I did a restart and and then did a soft reset which worked this time., it did take screen shot this time.
    Then checked function again and now I gave volume control via side buttons again.
    Thanks for the quick response!
    Should have did a restart , first
    I know better lol

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 08:44 PM