Hi all, I currently own a Nokia Lumia 925, have had it for nearly 1,5 years now. I like it a lot, but it lacks too many apps.
    Also, I don't like the way Microsoft is taking Windows Phone with Windows 10. It doesn't feel like the os I fell in love with anymore.

I have looked at getting a Z30 instead. There is a seller nearby who is selling his 1 month old unlocked Z30 for around 2000 SEK (around 245 dollars), so I'm thinking about buying that and to sell my Lumia 925.

The reasons for getting a Z30 is because of the hub, the messaging experience, the fluidity in the os, multitasking and also the ability to run Android apps.

But is it a future-proof phone? Do you think it will get the future updates?
    I know BlackBerry World has less apps then Windows Store, but does the sideloading of Android apps work, and is it working well?
    Do you think, based on my criteria, that I will regret leaving Windows Phone?

Thanks in advance.
    semime likes this.
    06-14-15 02:38 PM
    Specifically which apps do you need? If you let us know, then members will be able to tell you if the apps work or not.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    Carmels likes this.
    06-14-15 02:54 PM
    Hi all, I currently own a Nokia Lumia 925, have had it for nearly 1,5 years now. I like it a lot, but it lacks too many apps.
    Also, I don't like the way Microsoft is taking Windows Phone with Windows 10. It doesn't feel like the os I fell in love with anymore.

I have looked at getting a Z30 instead. There is a seller nearby who is selling his 1 month old unlocked Z30 for around 2000 SEK (around 245 dollars), so I'm thinking about buying that and to sell my Lumia 925.

The reasons for getting a Z30 is because of the hub, the messaging experience, the fluidity in the os, multitasking and also the ability to run Android apps.

But is it a future-proof phone? Do you think it will get the future updates?
    I know BlackBerry World has less apps then Windows Store, but does the sideloading of Android apps work, and is it working well?
    Do you think, based on my criteria, that I will regret leaving Windows Phone?

Thanks in advance.
    No, my Z30 with new OS works beautifully, battery life is incredible and the hub is the best thing BlackBerry could invent

Posted via CB10 - Z30 STA 100-2 / 10.3.2.2204
    06-14-15 06:07 PM
    I used a 1020 and 1520 before and would much prefer the app selection and BB10 OS over both.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:21 PM
    As for future proofing, the Z30 is the 2nd fastest BlackBerry 10 phone, behind only the Passport. The only model I see potentially being in danger of losing out on upgrades is the Z3, due to having only 1.5gb of ram.
    06-14-15 07:20 PM
    My recommendation is get a Z30 and keep the Lumia. I have a Lumia 925 and Z30. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

For me, the Z30 hands down crushes Windows 8.1 + Denim in a few areas: Email, texting, voice calls, and the Web browser. The Lumia crushes the Z30 in these areas: availability of apps, SkyDrive integration, photography, native support for HERE maps. For me, the calendar apps of both platforms are kind of a tie.

Right now there's a lot of churn in Blackberry and Microsoft. By December the Z30 might be an orphan and the Lumia 925 might enjoy something of a new lease on life. It all depends on what the companies want to do with their operating systems.
    06-15-15 12:32 AM
    I missed out on aided z30 for $100. I've been kicking myself in the *** for the last month.
    06-15-15 04:14 AM
    Intresting discussion as I'm considering going the other way from a Z10 to lumia 640, I'd like a z30 but cant find one at a price I can afford. Main problem with z10 is the battery life. If I could get a z30 on contract in UK i'd have one in a shot
    06-15-15 07:10 AM
    Both phones have crappy apps. Go find another option.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:04 AM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-15-15 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the replies.
    To be fair, I don't use that many apps, but one thing that's bothering me is the lack of apps aimed at Sweden (as I live in Sweden). For an example, WP doesn't have an app for my bank. I know BB does not have an app for my bank either, but considering the possibility of sideloading Android apps, that might not be an issue with BB10?

The most important things for me is to have a nice calendar, good "action center", or "hub", and a fluid OS. I don’t like the Windows Phone notification center, but the BB Hub seems very good.
    I like the look and feel of BB10. I liked WP alot before, but as I said earlier, I don’t like the way Microsoft is taking with WP. The OS now feels quite inconsistent.

An Android phone is out of question, I can’t stand that OS. I don’t want to buy an iPhone either, as I don’t like the OS and also because it seems like everyone has got one …

That leaves me with BlackBerry 10 and the Z30! However, I read yesterday that BlackBerry is considering Android for their future smartphones; do you think BB10 will continue to be updated?
    06-15-15 10:42 AM
    An Android phone is out of question, I can�t stand that OS. I don�t want to buy an iPhone either, as I don�t like the OS and also because it seems like everyone has got one �

That leaves me with BlackBerry 10 and the Z30! However, I read yesterday that BlackBerry is considering Android for their future smart phones; do you think BB10 will continue to be updated?
    There are more mobile Os than these big three. Tizen, sailfish, meego harmattan, symbian and a couple more that I forget.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    06-15-15 10:48 AM
    Actually, I owned a Nokia N8 before! Quite liked Symbian then, but would not want to go back.
    06-15-15 10:54 AM
    These are the apps I need to have:

Instagram
    Snapchat
    Facebook
    Twitter
    SkyDrive
    YouTube
    IMDB
    Ebay
    Amazon
    Bank ID (a Swedish app)
    Swish (a Swedish app)
    Netflix
    Grindr
    News Republic
    Viber

Are they working on the Z30?
    Last edited by westfalkland; 06-15-15 at 11:55 AM.
    06-15-15 11:02 AM
    Anyway, I went ahead and purchased the Z30.
    Has been a really pleasant time thus far :-)
    Can't understand why it isn't doing better than it is doing presently, such a wonderful OS, it feels so complete and uncomplicated, but yet truly magnificent at the same time.
    So far BB10 has got to be the best mobile OS I've ever tried. I've found all the apps I need and they're working flawless on the phone.

I will be really sad if/when BlackBerry will go android.

//Happy Z30 owner and BlackBerry convert from WP

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 and kbrant64 like this.
    06-18-15 07:09 PM
    Cool,how is the display? Am getting mines tommorow.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 08:25 PM
    My recommendation is get a Z30 and keep the Lumia. I have a Lumia 925 and Z30. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

For me, the Z30 hands down crushes Windows 8.1 + Denim in a few areas: Email, texting, voice calls, and the Web browser. The Lumia crushes the Z30 in these areas: availability of apps, SkyDrive integration, photography, native support for HERE maps. For me, the calendar apps of both platforms are kind of a tie.

Right now there's a lot of churn in Blackberry and Microsoft. By December the Z30 might be an orphan and the Lumia 925 might enjoy something of a new lease on life. It all depends on what the companies want to do with their operating systems.
    Availability of apps? What apps does windows phone have that BlackBerry 10 cannot get? I thought it was the other way around cause BlackBerry 10 can download android apps as well as BlackBerry apps..

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    06-18-15 08:39 PM
    I ahem a 640xl very nice phone, bit big for the pocket and screen nice but text a bit blurred for example when you Google the Google sign is slightly blurred

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:33 AM
    The display is very good I think, have no complaints there. It displays the colours good and the size of the display is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:58 AM
    I'm a new z30 user myself, and the display is perfectly fine. I wasn't used to how colorful it would be, and the pixel density is high enough that I have to be pretty close to see any individual pixels.
    06-19-15 01:26 PM
    These are the apps I need to have:

Instagram
    Snapchat
    Facebook
    Twitter
    SkyDrive
    YouTube
    IMDB
    Ebay
    Amazon
    Bank ID (a Swedish app)
    Swish (a Swedish app)
    Netflix
    Grindr
    News Republic
    Viber

Are they working on the Z30?
    The only one you may have trouble with in this list is Snapchat. Seems that company will fall on it's own sword to keep OS's other than iOS, and Android, and partly BlackBerry from using and, or developing third party apps for Snapchat. I don't use Snapchat, so no biggie for me, but it's still a pain in the a$$ how some companies are so stubborn, even to their own detriment.

PaulJ
    06-19-15 01:37 PM
    I would however recommend the Z30. I'm getting one myself. Just bought on ebay yesterday. Can't wait!

PaulJ
    06-19-15 01:40 PM
    Both phones have crappy apps. Go find another option.

Posted via CB10

There are a lot of devs on here you know.. we do read..

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:44 PM
    Typing from my z30, it's an excellent device, if I where you OP I'd go for it

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:45 PM
    I've had my new Z30 in hand for just over a week. It's much better than both my old lumia and 5S. No complaints about the screen; it's fine, and the vkb is amazing. Battery life is great too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by min3blk; 06-21-15 at 12:00 PM.
    06-19-15 02:50 PM
26 12