Hi! Bought a Passport a couplw of months ago, and I absolutely love it. Been brainwashed by apple for almost five years, and what a revelation it is to enjoy bb10 and also this great community.

I need a back up phone with all touch an have been looking at the z30. It seems like a really nice phone.

Two questions before I pull the trigger (can get one for the equivalent of 210 us dollars)

1) how is it holding up against moisture? I would use it in kind of damp enviroemnts. Nothing to excessive, though. Been using iphones without trouble.

2) how is the camera? Is it really that terrible?

Thanks alot!

 Passport
    03-29-15 04:09 PM
    The Z30 is a great device, loved mine, actually miss it , don't know about the moisture but the camera worked good for myself.
    03-29-15 04:19 PM
    Hi! Bought a Passport a couplw of months ago, and I absolutely love it. Been brainwashed by apple for almost five years, and what a revelation it is to enjoy bb10 and also this great community.

I need a back up phone with all touch an have been looking at the z30. It seems like a really nice phone.

Two questions before I pull the trigger (can get one for the equivalent of 210 us dollars)

1) how is it holding up against moisture? I would use it in kind of damp enviroemnts. Nothing to excessive, though. Been using iphones without trouble.

Thanks alot!

 Passport
    Don't know about using the z30 in damp environments, but the camera is pretty good. Indoor shots not the greatest, but outdoor shots are pretty good. As far as getting one for about $220, I'm sure you can find one somewhere like one of the auction websites for that price. Maybe not mint condition, but pretty close.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:07 PM
    I bought one in November during the shop blackberry sale as an upgrade for my z10. Great phone with great battery life. I like it so much that I bought another one as a backup when Crackberry had a sale recently.

Camera is fine. Outdoors is really good, indoors average.

To me battery life is huge, you won't need to charge during the day. To me the virtual keyboard is awesome feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:44 PM
    Z30 is good.

There's a reason why BlackBerry fans buy multiple backup devices. I'm glad I'm not like that. Cough.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 05:57 PM
    The back battery door on Z30s seals really tight. Unless it's getting submerged in water, it should be ok. If your Passport is holding up well, you probably will have no troubles with a Z30.

It's not quite as beastly as the Passport, but it's a fine phone, and I'm sure you will like it.

Welcome to BlackBerry!

From a Classic
    03-29-15 05:59 PM
    I would guess it is as water-able as the Passport. I do keep mine in a kayak-type ziplock when doing outdoor stuff like hiking and cross-country skiing.

Speaking of which, here's a link to some pictures I took about two weeks ago

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11447585

View the entire thread of a boatload of pictures.

Oh, well, I like seeing them!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Should I get a z30?-summit.jpg   Should I get a z30?-glacier.jpg   Should I get a z30?-img_20150308_134223_panorama.jpg   Should I get a z30?-img_20150308_134153_panorama.jpg  
    03-29-15 07:09 PM
    I also upgraded from a Z10 to a 3 month old Z30 that I bought off eBay for $210. Been a great phone. I take a lot of indoor pics of bathrooms and kitchens that I remodel and I don't notice any difference between the pics on my Z30 vs the pics on my old iPhone 5s. I find the pictures more than adequate. Quite a few of them are uploaded to the Internet on our website at work. I can't say much about the moisture issue other than it sounds logical what the others are saying about the Passport vs Z30. My personal opinion is that the Z30 is an awesome phone. I don't believe you would be disappointed with the choice to buy one. My personal advise - pull the trigger....

VZW Z30 STA 100-3 / 10.3.1.2582
    03-29-15 11:37 PM
    I left the nexus 6 for z30
    Awesome phone
    The BlackBerry leap is out
    I would get passport next or better

Posted via Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    03-30-15 06:24 AM
    If you do you will be very happy. Excellent device. I own a Passport as well but will not get rid of my Z30. The virtual keyboard is simply unmatched and with the latest OS this device is super snappy. The most underrated '5 all touch device made. Running the best mobile OS available today.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    03-30-15 10:00 AM
    I love my Z30. The camera does everything I need it to do, which is mostly take job pictures in the electrical contracting field.
    The thing I will address is the moisture. I set mine in the bathroom on a shelf when I shower so I can listen to music. Even using an exhaust fan, it gets pretty foggy in there. I've never had any kind of problem that I'm aware of from this. I can't imagine a scenario that would be more humid or moist than this.

Also, I dropped mine in the toilet. I pulled it out pretty quickly, but I couldn't get it to reboot. I put it in a bowl of dry, brown rice overnight and it dried it out and has worked like new ever since. So, I would say moisture isn't a problem.
    03-30-15 11:10 AM
    I think you have already decided. That's a good choice. Had my z30 for 18 months now and if I had to lose it now, I'll get another one. It's the best phone I've had. Never had moisture problems and camera is okay. I ran out of battery on my Canon big gun while in Seville and pulled out my Z30 to capture some pics. Have a look.

Should I get a z30?-img_20140803_154047_edit.jpg

Should I get a z30?-img_20140803_161818_edit.jpg

I agree indoor and nightshots are I bit on the dark side but a free app to add a bit of brightness takes care of that.

Go for it. Because it's underrated you're getting good value for money.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-15 11:28 AM
    I love my Z30.

Also, I dropped mine in the toilet.
    Sh!t

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:30 AM
    If u can't afford passport z30 is the way to go

03-30-15 12:41 PM
    I love my Z30. The camera does everything I need it to do, which is mostly take job pictures in the electrical contracting field.
    The thing I will address is the moisture. I set mine in the bathroom on a shelf when I shower so I can listen to music. Even using an exhaust fan, it gets pretty foggy in there. I've never had any kind of problem that I'm aware of from this. I can't imagine a scenario that would be more humid or moist than this.

Also, I dropped mine in the toilet. I pulled it out pretty quickly, but I couldn't get it to reboot. I put it in a bowl of dry, brown rice overnight and it dried it out and has worked like new ever since. So, I would say moisture isn't a problem.
    Guess I didn't really think about it but I do the same thing with mine when I shower. Has always been in the steamy bathroom with me and no issues so far. Did the same with my Z10 and no problems.

As for the toilet incident, haven't experienced that one... I've always said if a phone of mine fell in the toilet I'd probably leave it there but I think I'd fish the Z30 out.... I'm not sure I can say the same for my old iPhone...

VZW Z30 STA 100-3 / 10.3.1.2582
    Xenolock likes this.
    03-30-15 02:56 PM
    If u can't afford passport z30 is the way to go

Did you read the OP? He said he already has a passport, he's asking about a second/backup phone . . .
    03-30-15 03:19 PM
    Great phone, mines just under 2 years old, Z30 camera, if you want better pictures get a camera, so YES

RPR1NGLE
    03-30-15 03:23 PM
    Wow, thank you so much for all the great thoughts and replies. What a great community this is.

Yes I have decided, will buy it tomorrow! Will let you guys know what I think.

Blackberry really have made me feel something for a brand again. Such quality, although with a share of quirks. And the fact that it's not a dominant OS (far from it) and that the hardware is a rare sight here in Oslo, just makes technology fun and exciting again. While I get lots more sh*t done!

 Passport
    revtech and dartdriver like this.
    03-30-15 03:32 PM

Thanks alot!

 Passport
    The camera is fine, like any camera phone, the steadier you can hold still, the better and there is motion control but a steady hand trumps all. I did a quick search and couldn't find that iPhones were designed to more resistant to high humidity. I would also assume that the Z30 is built to resist common atmospheric conditions encountered globally. Now if your in a man made high humidity situation, ex: standing over steaming pots of boiling water for 12 hours every day and the iPhone holds up placed in your shirt pocket, then kudos to Apple. I came off Google Nexus 4 for my Z30 and I'm quite pleased with Z30 over Android, so can't speak directly to iPhone, never owned one.
    03-30-15 03:36 PM
    My wife had a Z10 and told me a couple of weeks ago she wanted and iPhone 6. Several of her friends have them and she took the bait. I said first take a look at the Z30 and showed her all the rave reviews. Got one from ShopBlackerry last week and she's in love with it. I have a Q10 and it will be my next device, just waiting on a discount. How often are these discounted and is it usually around holidays or certain times?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:33 PM
    My wife had a Z10 and told me a couple of weeks ago she wanted and iPhone 6. Several of her friends have them and she took the bait. I said first take a look at the Z30 and showed her all the rave reviews. Got one from ShopBlackerry last week and she's in love with it. I have a Q10 and it will be my next device, just waiting on a discount. How often are these discounted and is it usually around holidays or certain times?

Posted via CB10
    Just saw a post for today?? one day only $250. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-only-1010258/
    dartdriver likes this.
    03-30-15 04:47 PM
    Just saw a post for today?? one day only $250. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-only-1010258/
    I saw that, but looks like it doesn't ship to US. Not sure I want white anyway. Thanks though!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:55 PM
    the Z30 is a great phone and is on par with the ip6
    be bold and step out and Z30
    03-30-15 09:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can find a lot of z30 used in mint condition if you look around. I've purchased a few on some other websites from reputable sellers and are in excellent condition for good prices.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:40 PM
    Just got mine in today. Oh how I've missed the virtual keyboard. Loving it!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:11 AM
28 12