Does it push icloud emails? I find none of the android stock email apps do that - apps such as k-9, Cloudmagic and aqua mail do the push for icloud email. But i didn't like them at all - bad UI, batter drain etc. I'd problems with seeing the folders also on my icloud account.

Bottom line is when it comes to email BlackBerry is the best (with iOS a close second)

BTW, how do u like the new moto X - I almost bought that last week. The voice commands with moto UI looks cool

Posted via CB10
    I don't have Icloud so I can't answer that.

But, yes, BB is the best for email by far. Part of the reason I stay with them.

FYI- I rarely use the voice commands, but they are nice.
    12-05-14 11:01 AM
    I have been using the Gmail app for a longwhile. I have really enjoyed it since it updated. However, the shade notifications just went crazy. With a few accounts getting emails it is always going off. But I am glad to be able to toggle accounts. They got a little too cute with the animations, but it works. I just started using the Z30 yesterday. I have to say that I didn't think I would like the email,hub,and notifications as much as I liked it on Android and Gmail. I think it's smoother, and easier to toggle email accounts. Not by much, but it's noticeably more enjoyable. The notifications were surprisingly good. I thought a notification shade was the end all, be all. Come to think of it, it feels more sophisticated and grown up. The techies at Google are getting too cute.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 03:18 PM
    yes the new gmail app lacks that which is a pretty big complaint. The stock android email app actually does have this though
    It does but it doesn't default to the unified inbox and instead defaults to the last opened inbox (which always bugged me).

Some other gripes about the stock android email app... you can't set a default option to show images in emails (instead you have to do it by sender) and you can't change the email address you are sending from when replying to an email (something I do often on my BlackBerry since I have 6 emails accounts).

I pretty much have to use a third party app (aquamail or k9) to get the functionality you have on bb10 but you lose EAS push for Outlook accounts so email comes in a lot slower.

It's the email performance on BlackBerry that keeps me using a BlackBerry as my primary phone and my android one as a backup... well, that and the hub.

I do like the swipe to delete in android though... but the quick actions in 10.3+ makes up for that.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:14 AM
    There really is no substitute for bb10. I like my Nex7('13) but a far cry from my Z30 for an OS that makes sense

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:15 AM
    New GMail app will collect all your email accounts now. Not sure if it supports push for anything other than your Gmail account tho. I don't believe that bb10 email is push in most cases either.
    Glad to see you're enjoying your Z30.
    I have four accounts on different domains all pushing instantly so, yes, it does support push in most cases.
    12-06-14 04:21 PM
    I have four accounts on different domains all pushing instantly so, yes, it does support push in most cases.
    I stand corrected (actually I was corrected earlier in this thread but hey, it never hurts to do it again). Having done some research it seems I may have a slight (perhaps more than slight) misunderstanding as to how bb10 handles email but, I won't derail this thread asking for clarification. My apologies to the op for passing on my misguided beliefs.
    moody likes this.
    12-06-14 07:04 PM
    As long as having Android phones - 5+ years - I have always installed K9 and it is also currently handling mails on my Note 3. And battery usage is next to nothing even with several push accounts.

However, the hub is still better as it also takes care of Whatsapp, Facebook, texts, etc. There simply is no way to replicate this with any app on Android. And I really tried hard finding this app.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-07-14 01:54 AM
    I've used iphone so for years and moved to android for a while. Biggest gripe at that time was there was no one email app that can get all my emails in one place with push notifications..i've Gmail, I cloud and exchange app. Used to constantly try various apps such as k-9, Cloudmagic etc. Nothing was perfect
    Then switched to Z30 for the last 8mobths and I absolutely love bb10. I use emails, phone and text a lot on my phone and as a communication decide it's by day the best phone I've had

Lately I've been checking out the newer android devices such as moto X and LG and noticed android still doesn't have the.email app which can get all your emails in one place. I can't believe it..u still have to load various email apps to do what iOS and bb10 does it so well??

Posted via CB10
    I've been using "myMail" without issues.
    Note 4.

Composed using photons collected for use in the Galaxy Note 4.
    06-11-15 06:39 AM
    That's not quite true. I've got an LG G3 (in addition to my Z30), and I get all my various accounts' mail in one application.

I use a third-party app only because I don't like the default's i/f, which produces the same result.

Also, the same applies to my "ancient" Samsung GNex.

What I *do really like* with my Z30 though is The Hub; NOTHING comes close to it!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 10:04 AM
    I doubt we see an Android interface. It would be suicide for the small market share they do have.

I think they are looking at replacing QNX. They may believe that they can run BB10 through Android. I think they are seeing that Android runtime is seeing it's limit and that the apps for BB10 are not growing. Considering that they have worked hard to show that they can add security to Android, this only makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:21 PM
    I doubt we see an Android interface. It would be suicide for the small market share they do have.

I think they are looking at replacing QNX. They may believe that they can run BB10 through Android. I think they are seeing that Android runtime is seeing it's limit and that the apps for BB10 are not growing. Considering that they have worked hard to show that they can add security to Android, this only makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    As I've stated in other threads. It needs to be a hybrid OS. The ability to have Android like customization and GP services wrapped into a BB10 communications oriented OS.

Anything else would be......uncivilized!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    06-14-15 08:28 AM
    I cannot get used to having to install and open Apps to read my email. It is so good to have this natively in the OS at the reach of a gesture...

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    08-20-15 04:25 PM
37 12