I've used iphone so for years and moved to android for a while. Biggest gripe at that time was there was no one email app that can get all my emails in one place with push notifications..i've Gmail, I cloud and exchange app. Used to constantly try various apps such as k-9, Cloudmagic etc. Nothing was perfect
    Then switched to Z30 for the last 8mobths and I absolutely love bb10. I use emails, phone and text a lot on my phone and as a communication decide it's by day the best phone I've had

Lately I've been checking out the newer android devices such as moto X and LG and noticed android still doesn't have the.email app which can get all your emails in one place. I can't believe it..u still have to load various email apps to do what iOS and bb10 does it so well??

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vhl71; 12-04-14 at 07:49 PM.
    moody, bluegreen1965 and tanzarian like this.
    12-04-14 06:56 PM
    Wish people realize it... the notification light and the hub... par excellence... kudos BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    12-04-14 06:57 PM
    Wasn't it introduced with Android 5.0?
    12-04-14 06:58 PM
    I know, right? I have only had a BlackBerry since 2007. I can't imagine life w/o it.

I just can't convince ppl around me to try it.

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    12-04-14 06:59 PM
    android has had an email app that will handle all email for long time. The gmail app now also supports all emails. I guessing the OP was is confused with the email provided by the manufacturer with their skin which might have been limited.
    Witmen and kellyjdrummer like this.
    12-04-14 07:06 PM
    New GMail app will collect all your email accounts now. Not sure if it supports push for anything other than your Gmail account tho. I don't believe that bb10 email is push in most cases either.
    Glad to see you're enjoying your Z30.
    12-04-14 07:09 PM
    My yahoo email has push

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    12-04-14 07:14 PM
    New GMail app will collect all your email accounts now. Not sure if it supports push for anything other than your Gmail account tho. I don't believe that bb10 email is push in most cases either.
    gmail app supports same protocols as bb10 except for gmail and most are push
    03_CTD likes this.
    12-04-14 07:14 PM
    Even if Gmail app supports other email accounts now, you are still opening and closing separate apps for texts, bbm, Facebook messaging, and phone call records.

BlackBerry Hub is truly amazing.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    moody likes this.
    12-04-14 07:28 PM
    I'll try the new Gmail app on my android tablet now. With bb10 all my email accounts are pushed instantaneously which is quite awesome. I have Gmail, icloud and exchange email accounts

I don't think Gmail will support push on icloud account though.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:30 PM
    Android also has inbox by Google which supports multiple emails & push. Also, the updated version of gmail (5.0) does as well.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    12-04-14 08:36 PM
    I'll try the new Gmail app on my android tablet now. With bb10 all my email accounts are pushed instantaneously which is quite awesome. I have Gmail, icloud and exchange email accounts

I don't think Gmail will support push on icloud account though.

Posted via CB10
    I just tested this quickly. Gmail app doesn't seem to support push for icloud mail. I couldn't get it to work anyhow.
    12-04-14 09:06 PM
    Just checked out the gmail app on Android. No push for icloud account only pull at set intervals

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:11 PM
    icloud is push on ios only i think. It uses imap settings for other platforms
    12-04-14 09:16 PM
    icloud is push on ios only i think. It uses imap settings for other platforms
    My wonderful z30 pushes my icloud email. I get the email at the exact same instance as my ipad..

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:27 PM
    My wonderful z30 pushes my icloud email. I get the email at the exact same instance as my ipad..

Posted via CB10
    yes it has imap-idle which is pretty much push mail. Its just not like on ios devices or activesync
    12-04-14 09:51 PM
    yes it has imap-idle which is pretty much push mail. Its just not like on ios devices or activesync
    Yes. I agree
    But the email on my z30 arrives exactly at the same second as my iOS. So i can't complain

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:54 PM
    Unless I am missing something, the new gmail does not have an "all" inbox. You still need to go into each individual email account from the left pane.
    FinancialP likes this.
    12-04-14 09:57 PM
    On a different topic, just out of boredom and my itchiness to get new phones every 8-9 months I was looking at options-. Strangely, nothing is good enough to for me is far - mainly because of the OS. I Can't seem to go towards android from bb10.

I wouldn't have believed this when I bought my first BlackBerry - Z30!!

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-04-14 10:07 PM
    Unless I am missing something, the new gmail does not have an "all" inbox. You still need to go into each individual email account from the left pane.
    yes the new gmail app lacks that which is a pretty big complaint. The stock android email app actually does have this though
    12-05-14 06:56 AM
    yes the new gmail app lacks that which is a pretty big complaint. The stock android email app actually does have this though
    Yes, my Note 3 gets it all in one app. Native app.

Posted using electrons and pixels precisely formulated for the iPad Mini.
    12-05-14 09:04 AM
    Even if Gmail app supports other email accounts now, you are still opening and closing separate apps for texts, bbm, Facebook messaging, and phone call records.

BlackBerry Hub is truly amazing.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    This is actually a problem of all phone OS's except BlackBerry, so not a specific Android issue. Iphone can't do it either...
    12-05-14 09:08 AM
    OP- I used the stock email app on my Moto X and it did Active sync (push) as well as Imap as well as pop3. The only reason I didn't use it in favor of K-@ mail is that K-@ mail is the only app I can find that allow for customization of the vibrations, otherwise I'm stuck with two quick vibes that I could miss, and that feel just just like the vibes for other alerts. I wanted something that mimics the amazing BlackBerry experience where I could have different vibe patters for different types of alerts, not just some simple generic vibe for everything (cough, cough, Iphone).
    12-05-14 09:13 AM
    I absolutely agree. I always have a smile on my face when I see Android users trying to 'quickly check emails'. Even the ios 'app' is ridiculous.

It feels so good to have the hub. It's the most efficient thing I've ever used. Plus with that battery the Z30 has I'm not scared anymore to set an account to 'push'. I used to have an iPhone and I was one of the wall huggers. I used to carry an mp3 player with the ability to make phone calls, but not too long.... the battery...

Now with the Z30, I can actually use the phone!! What an amazing device with an amazing OS.

Couldn't be happier that I have switched to BlackBerry.

The only thing: the camera could be faster and the focus could be better. But it still can come.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    12-05-14 09:25 AM
    OP- I used the stock email app on my Moto X and it did Active sync (push) as well as Imap as well as pop3. The only reason I didn't use it in favor of K-@ mail is that K-@ mail is the only app I can find that allow for customization of the vibrations, otherwise I'm stuck with two quick vibes that I could miss, and that feel just just like the vibes for other alerts. I wanted something that mimics the amazing BlackBerry experience where I could have different vibe patters for different types of alerts, not just some simple generic vibe for everything (cough, cough, Iphone).
    Does it push icloud emails? I find none of the android stock email apps do that - apps such as k-9, Cloudmagic and aqua mail do the push for icloud email. But i didn't like them at all - bad UI, batter drain etc. I'd problems with seeing the folders also on my icloud account.

Bottom line is when it comes to email BlackBerry is the best (with iOS a close second)

BTW, how do u like the new moto X - I almost bought that last week. The voice commands with moto UI looks cool

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:49 AM
37 12