I was just using my new bb z3o which is only 20 days old and all of the sudden the screen went black and i cant see anything.. but i can see the red led pop up and can hear my notification sound. please help immediately.
    01-21-16 09:43 AM
    Seems hardware issue, ,

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-21-16 09:53 AM
    Seems hardware issue, ,

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    So what do i do now to resolve it??
    01-21-16 10:38 AM
    I've had this happen to me on 2 different Z30's and both times I had to order a screen from eBay and replace the screen. Once was due to a faulty OTA OS update by BlackBerry. One happened with no apparent cause. One was my Z30 and the other was my brother's.

I posted sometime last year about the issue and that post included links but right offhand I can tell you that ItsmeJC is who has the great video on how to change your screen. And eBay has a great vendor.

If you determine this is the issue (by all means try anything you can to get your screen working again first like hard reset etc) and you want the guy with good quality screens I'd be glad to look that up for you.

Your phone is fine, you can hook it up to a screen by HD MI to verify it. But your display is dead. I'm almost certain of this. But a 40 dollar fix is cheaper than a new phone unless you're ready to move on to a new phone anyway. My new screens have lasted longer than the originals now. But the Z30 is showing its age so I would understand if you didn't want to do this.

Check out the video, it's am easy fix if you want to get more life out of your Z30.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    01-21-16 10:47 AM
    Actually I just looked up the vendor I used for the two screens and he doesn't have any up for sale right now. Only thing you need to watch for is not to accidently order a Verizon screen by mistake (unless you have a Verizon phone). The two screens are different.

I can tell by how the back of the screen looks which is which but you might want to double check with your vendor before you buy.

sparrow801 likes this.
    01-21-16 10:54 AM
    8 screws = Verizon.
    10 screws= GSM.
    01-21-16 10:58 AM
    Actually I just looked up the vendor I used for the two screens and he doesn't have any up for sale right now. Only thing you need to watch for is not to accidently order a Verizon screen by mistake (unless you have a Verizon phone). The two screens are different.

I can tell by how the back of the screen looks which is which but you might want to double check with your vendor before you buy.

I don't really understand the fact that you want me to do a hard reset or a screen change and can you say me how to make a hard reset?
    01-21-16 10:59 AM
    I was just using my new bb z3o which is only 20 days old and all of the sudden the screen went black and i cant see anything.. but i can see the red led pop up and can hear my notification sound. please help immediately.
    What were you doing when the screen went blank?

To hard reset a Z30 hold down the power button until the red light comes on then release it.
    01-21-16 11:37 AM
    I don't really understand the fact that you want me to do a hard reset or a screen change and can you say me how to make a hard reset?
    To do a hard reset press the volume up and volume down buttons on the side of your phone simultaneously. Hold them down. If your screen was working I'd tell you that your screen would shut down and to keep the buttons pressed until you see the BlackBerry logo.

In your case just hold them down for a good 30 seconds. When you do get your phone working again you might want to do this every now and then.

I don't have much hope that this will fix your problem but it's always a good thing to try.

If you need any help trying to find a screen or find the how to video on fixing it let me know man. Would be glad to help.

Graham Fernando likes this.
    01-21-16 12:07 PM
    Sounds to me like a faulty screen too. The good news is its one of the easiest phones to do a screen swap on.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-21-16 12:16 PM
    Can you post where you can still find good quality Z30 screens? My screen failed but I love my Z30 and I'd like to replace the screen rather than change phones.
    01-21-16 09:51 PM
    Etradesupply is one such place but be mindful there are two different versions of it. One for Verizon and one for GSM. 8 mounting screws Vs 10.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    01-21-16 10:18 PM