Hello. I have a Z30 which had a broken screen, and I ordered one (with frame) and replaced it. However there is a serious problem and I would appreciate some help.

When I start the phone, it works fine (the screen and the digitizer). However, when it turns the screen off (after 30sec) and press button to turn it on again, the screen starts flashing on and off constantly. Not flickering, on off completely. The same behaviour occurs if I adjust settings to use screen swipe instead of button. I have to turn the phone off and on again for the screen to start working. Also the red light flashes constantly.

Please help.
    02-29-16 10:33 AM
    It's not much of answer but I would contact the seller and ask for a replacement screen/digitizer.
    02-29-16 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    Do you mean that it is possible for the screen to work fine before turning off and then have a problem?
    02-29-16 11:39 AM
    What I 'think' you have is a defective screen. The replacement screen on my Z30 has an issue with the proximity sensor from working correctly. That sensor isn't a part of the screen but I feel it is conflicting with it in some way. My estimation is the screens we are getting are not first quality replacements. They might even be factory rejects for one reason or another and yes it's possible for it to work correctly then not.

I suggest you ask the seller for a replacement display.
    02-29-16 11:53 AM
    Thank you.
    One more clarification. I just run BBVE and all tests succeeded, including the ones for sensors. Could this mean something?
    02-29-16 12:26 PM
    It means exactly the same thing as it does on my phone. It passes all tests- including proximity- yet the screen will not go off when placed against your cheek.

You can try an autooader on it. Maybe that would resolve the issue, maybe not. I haven't tried it on my Z30 as I can hit the power button to make it turn off and on.
    02-29-16 12:32 PM