Considering a new Z30. How durable is the touch screen? I have a otterbox commuter on my qwerty style bb right now and would think that would be a bit bulky for a slim phone like the z30. I do drop my phone occasionally when working so I dont want to purchase something that can easily break. Considering the leather flip cover if I get one as that looks to be a little sleaker than the otterbox for the z30.
    01-26-14 09:44 AM
    Pretty good - a lot more durable than the iPhone screen.

I dropped my work phone (Z30) multiple times, once from chest height onto concrete and it survived without an issue.

I finally damaged it after dropping it screen-first into the corner of a cement footpath at speed - and even then it caused one single crack across the centre. No shattering / splintering and was completely usable.

They will break with enough impact but they take quite a hit before that happens. I would suggest a very light protection - nothing bulky required. Maybe a slimline snap-on case with screen protector, nothing more.

I've since replaced my phone (perk of the job) and don't use any case - no issues since. I just take the risk Still laugh at my friends who have gone through 3 shattered iPhones within a year.

01-26-14 11:54 AM