Hi All,

I've been relentlessly searching for a "rugged" type case for Z30. Closest I've found was the "Trident" case.

However, they no longer sell these due to "Z30 being an obsolete product".

Can anyone link me to a website that I can buy something similar with the Trident case for BlackBerry Z30?

I've checked eBay but they only have green and pink (I would like a black only). Also eBay doesn't have anything that I was after and barely any stores as produce or sell for the BlackBerry Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 12:49 AM
    OtterBox Commuter Series Case is quite sturdy. Some reports have trickled that various cases may interfere with radio or wifi signal strength. See Amazon for some user comments and feedback on the various types of cases.
    09-05-15 06:36 AM
    I don't know if a flip case would provide the protection you want but I have the one from Gmyle. I take my phone hiking, cross-country skiing and biking. It does make the phone thicker.

BlackBerry Z30 - Wallet Case Classic | GMYLE �
    09-05-15 09:01 AM
    I just received my Trident case yesterday for my Z30, I ordered it through the Crackberry store on this site.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 09:29 AM
    Oh nooo! I may order a spare Trident case then! The Otterbox Defender has been long discontinued. The Trident cases seem to be the best value although I like Otterbox's rubber-over-plastic instead of Trident's plastic over rubber. The extra exposed soft rubber of the Otterbox gave the case more grip on your hands and surfaces.

The only thing that sucks is the lack of a belt clip with the Trident series.
    09-05-15 09:46 AM
    I've had the discontinued Otterbox Defender for a year. Just replaced it with a Commuter as the Defender was stretching too much and warranty replacements weren't available. I have to say I actually like the Commuter with the hard outer shell more. Both colors are still available on amazon.ca...

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:15 PM
    I've had the discontinued Otterbox Defender for a year. Just replaced it with a Commuter as the Defender was stretching too much and warranty replacements weren't available. I have to say I actually like the Commuter with the hard outer shell more. Both colors are still available on amazon.ca...

Posted via CB10
    I have found that if you lightly use a heat paint stripper gun or hot hair dryer on the stretched rubber on the Otterbox cover then run it under cool water right after, it will shrink up the rubber, and make it fit properly.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    09-06-15 03:11 PM
    I got myself an Otterbox commuter case and have to say it is definitely slim (which I like) and rugged. I dropped my phone in the gym (use it as a timer and as my sound system) and watched it bounce on some dumbbells... no issues and phone is still mint

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 03:55 PM
    I also have an Otterbox Commuter. It can also be paired with a Seidio Dilex holster for an S5. I had to heat the bottom of my holster a little to allow a perfect fit for the Commuter but it works great. If you wanna go one step further, you can carefully peel back the felt on the holster and add a small magnet to trigger the sleep function when holstered. I haven't taken that step yet. That's next....

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 10:41 PM
    I just got the Trident Aegis case, I'm not quite happy with it. Main issue is the outer solid layer is not present along much of the long sides of the case, allowing the rubber layer to easily be pulled away form the phone if it gets snagged on something, or even just by your thumb.

The otterbox commuter case I have on an S3 does not have this problem,
    09-07-15 08:29 AM
    I use the Trident case. I believe you can still find them on Crackberry. But the poster above me is right. The one issue with it is that the sides especially the left side does not fit that snugly. But overall it is a nice case. Good protection without being too bulky.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 02:25 PM
    I was able to snag an otterbox commuter not too one ago for my z30, got it off amazon

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 03:17 PM
    I think the Trident was the last 'rugged' case still available for the Z30 too. Do I hoard or do I hold off for the Venice?

Anyone find a good car-holder for the Z30 with the Trident Aegis or Otterbox Commuter case? All the ones I've seen had the side-arms that block the USB charge port. The best one I've found are the SlipGrip series. They're custom molded/3D-printed. The downside is that at $30USD a pop + shipping (comes out to just shy of $60CDN to Canada) they only last 6 months to a year. I've had two for my old Z10 that lasted me just over a year each, and then the clip breaks off.

I have access to a 3D printer and scanner (although I don't do any myself) - anyone know enough about 3D printing that if I scan my Blackberry, can you design a mount for it?
    09-07-15 03:34 PM
    Sorry for the late reply guys, and thank you for all who provided great information. I had the Otterbox Defender series, was good but slight problem. Where the USB port charging was that side of the case broke. It's very slim and fragile to me. I do hope crackberry still sells the trident case as they are officially not producing it anymore. I should be quick to order now.

Edit: just checked crackberry shop under "all manufacturers" an under "trident" but cannot see any cases for Z30
    09-07-15 03:43 PM
    Crack Berry Canada still have Trident Ageis. Cases

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 06:08 PM
    Crack Berry Canada still have Trident Ageis. Cases

Posted via CB10
    This will cost me a fortune though. The international shipping to Australia cost around $60+. That's just shipping!
    09-07-15 09:09 PM
    When I had a Z30 I used a screen protector with the Commuter Series Otterbox. I have to say I was really pleased by how well the case fit the phone. The one design flaw was that the charging port opening was slightly too small to use the official BlackBerry USB. However, if you had pretty much any other micro-USB cord, that wasn't a problem. And, if the little plastic piece did happen to break eventually (mine did) the rubber flap still held firmly in place and it was a complete non-issue.

Debatable whether it was a design issue of the case or the bulky micro-USB cord. Either way, a great case for a great phone.
    09-07-15 09:38 PM