Tomorrow I will receive my Z30 replacement from Asurion. Besides restoring the usual PIM data and settings using LINK, if I select "full restore", will it also restore website bookmarks, 3rd party apps, and ringer tones?....thanks!
    03-11-14 10:57 PM
    If you select 'full backup' then with 'full restore' most all your data will be restored.
    However if your Apps are not coming from the BB World then these will not be restored as well any side loaded, Android apps and their data. Ringtones you may find you will need to go back and setup again, the files should be restored (I save all mine on my media card).
    03-12-14 01:15 AM
    This should help you sort that out

A BlackBerry Link backup contains 3 different types of databases. Application data, Media, and Settings.

The Application Data will contain data tied to applications such as saved game data, local PIM data such as contacts and calendar data (which is locally stored on the BlackBerry, not synchronized over the air), and notes in the Remember application.

The Media will contain a backup of all the pictures, video and music stored locally on your BlackBerry (does not include the SD card).

Settings contains general BlackBerry settings such as UI settings, notifications and email accounts.

You cannot open the backup file and restore specific data such as the Remember application data or saved games as they are all part of the Application Data database. However you can select to only restore the Application Data from the backup and omit the Media and Settings if you wish.

- All your "Accounts setting"; email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Evernote...
    Note that you will need to enter back your various account password
    - All your various "Settings": regional setting, network connections, Notification setup, Display setup, language and input setups, alarm setting, ...
    - The phone calls history (call log)
    - The various Text Messages (SMS/MMS)
    - Under Remember, all your local Notes
    - All your "Local Contacts", + obviously contact on your SIM
    - Your Favorites under "Maps" (no recents)
    - Your keyboard predictive words also look to be back

- Not sure if it come with the restore or with your BlackBerry ID, but once you instal back "Password Keeper" all your datas are still there, still protected thru your password previously set.

What you don't get:
    - Any "Weather" settings
    - No "Search " history
    - No BBM chat (but your contacts came back with BlackBerry ID)
    - No "Calendar " entries
    - No "Browser" Setting and/or favorites

Hope this will help

Done in the past with:
    BlackBerry OS10.1.0.273 STL100-3
    BlackBerry Link 1.1.1.32 under Windows 7