Upgrading my microSD card, I removed the back door to access the microSD slot. As I tried the method posted on CrackBerry on how to do this, I wasn't successful. So I used a credit card, shoved it into the bottom slot and presto, door removed very easily. But I badly damaged the black mesh protecting the bottom speakers. I guess it is not a huge deal to most people, but was wondering how I could go about finding a way to fix this? I'm willing to pay BlackBerry to help me replace the mesh or maybe replacing the whole mid-plate is necessary (hope not)? Do I go through the carrier I bought it from? Anyone else experienced damaging the mesh?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 06:16 AM
    Cant say i have any trouble taking my back door off, i just use my thumb nail and my nails arent that long and it easily prises off with a little bit of force.

Is the mesh completely destroyed as in you cant put it back over??. Not sure where you can get that sort of mesh, its going to be some sort of very fine mesh.

If you talk to your carrier then they may replace the phone if you come up with a good enough excuse, dont ask me what excuse but you could always say that when you took the battery cover off, the mesh was missing??
    12-09-13 06:45 AM
    The mesh over the speaker? Well if it bothers you (I know it would bother me), i would replace the battery door. I recently found one for $9, lemme find the link.

Editing soon:BlackBerry Z30 Replacement Parts
    There ya go.
    12-09-13 12:49 PM
    Yeah, I salvaged as much as I could and pushed it back down. But you can tell it is not the same. It shouldn't bother me but it does. Returning it to the carrier is an idea. I should learn how to remove this door properly before I go damaging the potentially new Z30.

Unfortunately the mesh is not glued to the back door but to the mid plate. So that won't work. But thanking for posting the link. It may come in handy in the future.

I guess I'm the only moron to have ever messed up the mesh.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:39 PM