So basically, you're admitting that BlackBerry isn't able to create competitive devices.

We can make any excuse we want, but the end result is the same. In my opinion, saying "BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs" is just another way of saying "BlackBerry isn't capable of competeting with other smartphone manufactures".

If they can't compete, than they should get out of the smartphone business as soon as possible. Why continue to release uncompetitive devices that won't sell as well as they need too?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Bravo.
    Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-13 04:51 AM
    Love your creativity OP. Excellent work. You foodie you!

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-21-13 10:23 AM
    So basically, you're admitting that BlackBerry isn't able to create competitive devices.

We can make any excuse we want, but the end result is the same. In my opinion, saying "BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs" is just another way of saying "BlackBerry isn't capable of competeting with other smartphone manufactures".

If they can't compete, than they should get out of the smartphone business as soon as possible. Why continue to release uncompetitive devices that won't sell as well as they need too?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    He did say 'for a phone they don't need'.

It's no secret that BB10 running on a Dual Core is faster than a lot of Android phones running on Quad Core.

Ducati has a smaller engine than a Semi Trailer. Guess which one goes faster.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-21-13 11:51 PM
    Well BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs for a phone they don't need! This is a pointless argument if you can't understand specs don't sell phones.

The average consumer doesn't know or care,
    - teenage boys/girls
    - young women/men in or outta school
    - collage students
    - business owners s workers
    - stay at home moms and dad's
    - older/eldrly folk
    - etc.

They don't care about quadcore, 1080p etc, they cate about the experience, apps, how the phone looks, when they go to by a phone, they remember commercials, what there friends and family are using, what's hot on the un there crowd. And most of the time people buy what sales person tell em is the best. Most those people don't even know quadcore is better then dual core, because it doesn't matter to them.

Most (as in 85-90%) android apps and games don't even utilize quadcore cpus, it's all for show. Just to sell phones.

Posted via CB10
    Under estimating people, huh?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 01:58 AM
    You wanna know what I think would be good?

Add solar power. Can the battery door not be a solar panel? Don't you think that would be a big selling point?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-22-13 05:31 PM
    Sounds ok, but needs more bacon.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-22-13 08:42 PM
    I'm hungry!
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-22-13 11:26 PM
    You wanna know what I think would be good?

Add solar power. Can the battery door not be a solar panel? Don't you think that would be a big selling point?

Your name is Brutal Efficiency and yet u talk about Solar Power ? I wonder with a device size like that and a screen size like that, how many hours of sunlight will the phone require to turn on for 5 minutes.

Anyways this particular recipe is tailored for the Aristo and the Battery size is recommended to be larger than 3000mAh which should be plenty for most people.

If this was a Recipe for a Dream Device i would Probably give preference to an E Ink Display on the rear of the device. That would help with some serious reading capabilities, and in times of extremely low battery maybe turn on the phone using 1core at half its clock and use the E Ink side to place an emergency call or text.

Solar power would be better implemented when integrated in a case, something that folds over like the Playbook Journal Case so it has more surface area when opened up, and maybe a flap that can be extended for even more coverage.

Also if it was the recipe for a fictional dream device, it would have multiple sd card slots (one of them dedicated to huge amounts of offline maps data), a primary memory that is partitioned into multiple drives and is able to run multiple OS's in Dual Boot ... Or better yet ... Parallel Boot. But i guess thats for another time and place.
    07-23-13 06:22 PM
    Your name is Brutal Efficiency and yet u talk about Solar Power ? I wonder with a device size like that and a screen size like that, how many hours of sunlight will the phone require to turn on for 5 minutes.

Anyways this particular recipe is tailored for the Aristo and the Battery size is recommended to be larger than 3000mAh which should be plenty for most people.

If this was a Recipe for a Dream Device i would Probably give preference to an E Ink Display on the rear of the device. That would help with some serious reading capabilities, and in times of extremely low battery maybe turn on the phone using 1core at half its clock and use the E Ink side to place an emergency call or text.

Solar power would be better implemented when integrated in a case, something that folds over like the Playbook Journal Case so it has more surface area when opened up, and maybe a flap that can be extended for even more coverage.

Also if it was the recipe for a fictional dream device, it would have multiple sd card slots (one of them dedicated to huge amounts of offline maps data), a primary memory that is partitioned into multiple drives and is able to run multiple OS's in Dual Boot ... Or better yet ... Parallel Boot. But i guess thats for another time and place.
    Sure, Solar Power doesn't do 'much', but probably does more than you think. Depends which region of the world where you can get good solar power. Not the UK or maybe not even Canada.

At the very least, when on standby, it wouldn't be losing battery.

Speaking of which... how is Solar Power not brutally efficient?? I don't have to pay the government money for power in my house. In fact, I even get money back from the government for having a surplus. Essentially, I am paid for saving money.
    In fact, my businesses and various other businesses around here are starting to implement Solar Power.

Definition of Efficient:
    - able to function without waste:capable of achieving the desired result with the minimum use of resources, time, and effort.

So, when I sit in my office at my desk, covered in sunlight, when I am with a client for an hour or so, my battery will usually drain a little, 1-5%. Wouldn't it be a pleasure to keep your phone on your desk and look at it an hour later and it be 1-5% higher?? That's potentially saving 10% of electricity. Less time I have to go and plug it into a power point, which renders it useless when a power point is not in reachable distance. Wireless is the future. True wireless charging is the future. Sure, we have 'wireless' charging now, but it's not really wireless as it is just sitting on something that is wired to something.

07-23-13 11:52 PM
    Thats what I'm hoping for the A10. I would buy one of those no problem. For some reason i don't believe BGR with the specs I have a feeling they bumped up the procesor speed and these specs are for a Z5 not the A10.
    +1 on that. I'm thinking the specs are for the A5 indeed on the research I've done thus far. BlackBerry obviously knows about these leaks. They also see the responses and comments to them. For them to sit back and have the next "flagship" phone come to the market way behind the curve doesn't make any sense what so ever. It's like suicide by media. Heins did mention there's a product that they were really excited about. I can't see it being this device. It would shock me if these specs are for the next flagship device. I can see the Z5 having a non removable battery like the Q5. Even though most people could live with a non removable battery on a flagship device such as the iPhone and HTC one. Only time will tell. My wife wants to upgrade to the GS4 because she's impressed with playing around with it and mostly because of the 13 MP. She takes a lot of snap shots with her current 5 MP torch 9810. If bbry can wow her...i can convince her to get the next flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 12:51 AM
35 12