I've been thinking about getting this phone as it seems right now to be the best Black Berry full touch phone that can be had. I was wondering is it just pretty? Or is the new QNX OS really better than OS 5? With Black Berries do you still need to pull the battery every day? And when you buy an app on the App World is it all still pin based? I remember buying apps and having to keep contacting the developers to transfer my licenses, etc. I know if I were to ask this on Android Central I'd just get a load of crap. So I'm posting here, even though it's been 2 years since I've posted over here. Anything anyone can tell me would very much be appreciated.
    08-14-14 10:37 PM
    I've been thinking about getting this phone as it seems right now to be the best Black Berry full touch phone that can be had. I was wondering is it just pretty? Or is the new QNX OS really better than OS 5?
    Very, very, very much so.

With Black Berries do you still need to pull the battery every day?
    No, and even then, the Z30 has a fixed battery.

And when you buy an app on the App World is it all still pin based? I remember buying apps and having to keep contacting the developers to transfer my licenses, etc.
    BlackBerry ID-based now (i.e. email).
    08-14-14 10:43 PM
    you want to know if the z30 is better than a storm 2? of course it is.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-14-14 10:43 PM
    I came from the Storm 2, to the Z10 and now the Z30. There is absolutely no comparison.
    08-14-14 10:45 PM
    I had the Storm 2. Since then, I've had a Torch 9850, a Z10, and now a Z30. Each has been much improved over the previous device.
    08-14-14 11:04 PM
    I've been thinking about getting this phone as it seems right now to be the best Black Berry full touch phone that can be had. I was wondering is it just pretty? Or is the new QNX OS really better than OS 5? With Black Berries do you still need to pull the battery every day? And when you buy an app on the App World is it all still pin based? I remember buying apps and having to keep contacting the developers to transfer my licenses, etc. I know if I were to ask this on Android Central I'd just get a load of crap. So I'm posting here, even though it's been 2 years since I've posted over here. Anything anyone can tell me would very much be appreciated.
    You've really missed a lot. BB10 is amazing. I had Storm & Storm 2. The Z30 is different. Best device on the market.

Apps are now tied to BlackBerry ID, so no need to contact developers to transfer licenses. Simply log on to your new device and download your previous purchases.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    08-14-14 11:12 PM
    Is the OP joking? Not trying to be rude but if you're being serious all you have to do is check the Z30 out at local carrier store, your question will be answered inside a minute.

BB10 blows OS5 out of the water.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 11:23 PM
    Do you think it's very easy to find a Z30 on display like a car dealership for you to test drive? A lot of carriers outside of Canada don't even carry any BB10 devices nowadays.

Is the OP joking? Not trying to be rude but if you're being serious all you have to do is check the Z30 out at local carrier store, your question will be answered inside a minute.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo and kbz1960 like this.
    08-14-14 11:57 PM
    Lol... another agonizing example of the amazing failure that was BB10 marketing.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:22 AM
    Facepalm...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    jpvj and leehardballer12 like this.
    08-15-14 12:35 AM
    Do you think it's very easy to find a Z30 on display like a car dealership for you to test drive? A lot of carriers outside of Canada don't even carry any BB10 devices nowadays.

Posted via CB10
    Just to name a few Verizon stores, the one in Pasadena, Glendale, Venice and Culver City all have working demos. So yes I do.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:36 AM
    It's not only better. It's actually worth using. Get the Z10 though.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-15-14 12:43 AM
    Does a Ferrari drive like a Kia?

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and robert_in_la like this.
    08-15-14 01:14 AM
    I liked the Storm 2, so sue me!
    Also went to 9850, Z10, now Z30.
    BTW is there a way to have it stop reminding me "all apps are to the right" when I swipe to the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:11 AM
    Former Storm 2 user here.
    It's been quite some time my friend and I'm not surprised you know so little of OS10. Many users still to this day simply do not want to go back because they believe it is still the same obsolete OS. But do not take my word for it. Take it from us all, OS10 is vastly different from any legacy OS and it has nothing but improved in every single aspect. Give it a try brother and once you go back to Black the Berry won't ever let you go back.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-15-14 08:04 AM
    OP you are in for a REAL treat. Bb10 was a gift for those who remained loyal and an official callout for those who left saying "come back home, we got you". Still waiting on active wallpapers though. But no biggie.

In the end, anything is better than the storm product family.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 08:11 AM
    BTW is there a way to have it stop reminding me "all apps are to the right" when I swipe to the Hub?
    Just swipe to the left when you get that message.
    Last edited by serbanescu; 08-15-14 at 08:40 AM.
    08-15-14 08:15 AM
    The only ressemblance is that both are touchscreen phones!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had the Storm 2 and absolutely loved that device. But yes, there is no comparison to the Z30. I kept saying to myself when I owned the Storm 2...only if this device had 4G/ faster Internet speeds it would be the ultimate device for my needs.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:35 PM
    You bet the Storm2 was a great phone, loved it and still have it. Went directly to the Z30, did not pass GO, Wow, what a difference, Z30 Yup, Great, No regrets.

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    08-15-14 03:18 PM
    OP you are in for a REAL treat. Bb10 was a gift for those who remained loyal and an official callout for those who left saying "come back home, we got you". Still waiting on active wallpapers though. But no biggie.

In the end, anything is better than the storm product family.

Posted via CB10
    For all its issues, the Storm series brought me to BlackBerry because I never would have gone with a QWERTY device. Also, my 9530 brought me to CrackBerry so I could, first of all, keep the thing working, but also to learn how to get the most out of my device. Because of the knowledge I picked up from many here, I had that device in top form. It's just to bad RIM never gave those devices enough memory...
    08-15-14 04:39 PM
    apple is the old Blackberry wantabee now. BB10 is Rich and the most loved OS in the world. How can we still be asking this question?
    08-15-14 05:34 PM
    Like night and day...
    08-15-14 05:37 PM
    That's like comparing a pinto to a brand new corvette. Nothing to compare. The z30 is amazing

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:12 PM
    Even the Z3 and Z10 are far superior.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-15-14 08:42 PM
39 12