Hi
    After a long time iphone and android user, I'm ready to buy the Z30 today!! Excited and nervous!!
    Any place to view some videos of the BB10 and Z30. Most of the videos i found are Z30 reviews..Since i haven't used a blackberry before, I'd like some basic info on the BB10 OS and how the basic functions work in Z30. I spent 10-15 mins at the store playing with it. Any suggestions ??

For example, since there are no widgets for BB, how do i get the clock and weather displayed on the homescreen?? May be its not possible??
    GSM-S likes this.
    04-17-14 10:09 AM
    Hi
    After a long time iphone and android user, I'm ready to buy the Z30 today!! Excited and nervous!!
    Any place to view some videos of the BB10 and Z30. Most of the videos i found are Z30 reviews..Since i haven't used a blackberry before, I'd like some basic info on the BB10 OS and how the basic functions work in Z30. I spent 10-15 mins at the store playing with it. Any suggestions ??

For example, since there are no widgets for BB, how do i get the clock and weather displayed on the homescreen?? May be its not possible??
    What is a homescreen?

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry.
    04-17-14 10:11 AM
    Congratulations brave heart :-).

One screen that hold your running apps can be like your home screen. Just open any BlackBerry application and swipe down up will send it to the apps screen.

Posted by my BlackBerry Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-17-14 10:17 AM
    What is a homescreen?

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry.
    LOL!!. That's what I'm talking about. I don't even know there is no home screen. Any basic videos for BB10?
    So how to I see the time and weather without going through apps just at a glance?
    04-17-14 10:24 AM
    What Meqdadi said. You just open the clock app, and it will stay upon the home screen.
    For the weather, I use Beweather Pro, and the same process, open it, and then swipe to go to the home screen and voila, there it is, right next to the clock. I have the clock, Beweather, and the phone "widgets" thingies right there on the home screen.

c
    04-17-14 10:40 AM
    LOL!!. That's what I'm talking about. I don't even know there is no home screen. Any basic videos for BB10?
    So how to I see the time and weather without going through apps just at a glance?
    What you are asking about is not possible yet on BB10. But, yes using the Active Frames as suggested is the closest you will get to widgets.
    There is an app called WP Changer HD in BB World that will add a status bar to your wp, which you can choose to show weather and date or other features like battery % etc.
    04-17-14 10:45 AM
    Hi

Here is a good link, for how to demo, and other things you will need to know, right down to how to do a device switch.
    If this doesn't help let me know I will provide you more options. Welcome to the dark side, get cracking!!
    BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone Help & Support Including Manuals, Forums and More - Canada
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-14 10:50 AM
    Follow the tutorials and you will be just fine. Crawl, then walk and before you know it your Borg friends (Applehead...uhh I meant users) will a) stop talking about your phone or b) say "wow, I had no idea BlackBerry's could do that."

Welcome Aboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:54 AM
    Check out the videos from BlackBerry on the Z30.
    They are quite informative.

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-17-14 11:06 AM
    Oh and Welcome!

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-17-14 11:07 AM
    http://crackberry.com/category/black...tips-and-hints

Just click through the CrackBerry Tips pages and read/watch the ones that peak your interest.

They had a couple good walk throughs of 10, 10.1, and 10.2

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:42 PM