Hello all,

I have had my Z30 for a month now, and I just love it. For the last few days though, there has been times when I find it off when I take it out of the holster. Initially, I though that the battery was dead, but upon booting up, it was not the case.

It has happen every day since then (4 times), so I wonder what is going on. I am not aware of an auto-off feature similar as what we had on BB OS 6 and 7, so that could not be the problem.

And the fact this only started recently would eliminate hardware problems (or so I think) So what could it be?

Anybody else with a Z30 experiencing a similar problem?

JF
    11-27-13 02:46 PM
    Maybe the power button is being pressed in the holster just a thought i have a Z30 never experienced random shut downs.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    11-27-13 02:55 PM
    Hello all,

I have had my Z30 for a month now, and I just love it. For the last few days though, there has been times when I find it off when I take it out of the holster. Initially, I though that the battery was dead, but upon booting up, it was not the case.

It has happen every day since then (4 times), so I wonder what is going on. I am not aware of an auto-off feature similar as what we had on BB OS 6 and 7, so that could not be the problem.

And the fact this only started recently would eliminate hardware problems (or so I think) So what could it be?

Anybody else with a Z30 experiencing a similar problem?

JF
    I haven't had any random shutdowns on my Z30. I'm running the leaked 10.2.1.1055.
    11-27-13 03:02 PM
    Maybe the power button is being pressed in the holster just a thought i have a Z30 never experienced random shut downs.
    Good point, that could be it, especially that the BBRY made case for the Z30 is a tight fit, and that I have not experienced it when it was out of the holster. Will investigate further and report back!!

Thank you
    swaggardo likes this.
    11-27-13 03:02 PM
    Good point, that could be it, especially that the BBRY made case for the Z30 is a tight fit, and that I have not experienced it when it was out of the holster. Will investigate further and report back!!

Thank you
    I've had the same problem. Found out it was because I put my phone in my pocket upside down and with no case. The power button is extremely sensitive on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2 likes this.
    11-27-13 03:30 PM
    I've had the same issue a couple of times with the power button while putting the phone in my pocket.
    I guess I'm always making sure that I stuff the phone far enough down in my pocket, that it doesn't fall out of my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:58 PM
    Would you happen to be using a flip case?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:15 PM
    Happens to me when I put it in my pocket. Sometimes a shut down. Sometimes a restart. I'm pretty sure it's because something is either touching the power bottom, or some other combination.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    11-27-13 09:51 PM
    I have the same issue.

Use the Z30 as a backup for the Q10, more often than I would like. Recently, the Z30 just shuts down.

I don't use a case. There seems to be neither rhyme nor reason....Very frustrating as I think the phone is on, when in reality, it is off. I can even set the phone on the desk, it is on, then I look 30 or 60 minutes later and the phone is off.
    12-13-14 01:06 AM
    Or, maybe your phone keeps loosing signal. That is what I noticed with my Q10.

BlackBerry Q10 Manila
    12-13-14 01:32 AM
    Nope, not a signal issue. Am constantly in areas of very very high signal.

Even when in cities such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, etc., where there almost more cell towers than there are people, and the phone shuts off. The good news, is yet another Q10 arrived by FedEx, so I can stop worrying about the Z30 for now and enjoy a PK.
    12-14-14 02:14 AM
    I had the same issue with the device shutting off and found it was the power button. I bought a OEM leather pouch case and solved the issue.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-14-14 04:56 AM
    I had it happen twice when I put it down harder so.. not totally random.

Does it just reset when you are holding it or using it?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:23 PM
    Power button? Hmmm, that is interesting. On this trip, the power button went on the Q10 - posted issue in the Q10 forum. And had to have another phone sent out as no carrier would repair a phone that was not their own issue Blackberry.

This might cause me to make the leap there MIGHT be some issues with the power buttons. Another QC issue?
    12-15-14 05:57 AM
    Same issue here initially. Got the phone, popped on the case, hit power button to wake and fell into a reboot loop. Played with the power button and heard a distinct clicking. Thought I had a defective unit but learned the case was pinching the power button. When I would push to wake, it would get stuck in the down position causing the reboots. Taped a small piece of paper under the case near the top and problem solved. No reboot issues since.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:15 AM
    Interesting - I have had a Z30 for around 6 weeks. It came with 10.2.1 installed. I tried the older 10.3.1.1015 leak, and reverted back to 10.2.1. With each of those OS, I was getting around 2-3 reboots or shutdowns per day, no case, phone in pocket. I was on the verge of returning the phone, but decided to give it a final chance: A couple of days ago, I downloaded SICwipe and wiped the phone, before reinstalling the OS via autoloader. I have now been running Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 for about 3 days, and the reboots and shut downs have stopped, for now at least.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 01:05 PM