01. When adjusting the white balance, does it get rid of that washed out white/grey look when in the Hub that AMOLED displays gve? After adjusting the whiteness, does it look nice and white/bright as on the LED display of the Z10? I played around with the Z30 in store and the whites look way too grey for my liking but I couldn't adjust the white balance on a demo phone.

02. On the Z10, I noticed when you open a message and the keyboard pops up there's a little bit of lag. Does the Snapdragon 600 on the Z30 fix this issue? Is there any lag across the platform?

Thanks.
    02-16-14 10:00 PM
    01. When adjusting the white balance, does it get rid of that washed out white/grey look when in the Hub that AMOLED displays gve? After adjusting the whiteness, does it look nice and white/bright as on the LED display of the Z10? I played around with the Z30 in store and the whites look way too grey for my liking but I couldn't adjust the white balance on a demo phone.

02. On the Z10, I noticed when you open a message and the keyboard pops up there's a little bit of lag. Does the Snapdragon 600 on the Z30 fix this issue? Is there any lag across the platform?

Thanks.
    All or these are good questions and I would like to know the answer too.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    02-16-14 10:03 PM

Thanks.
    1) I think it's subjective. I use the dark theme for everything so when I swipe to the HUB it looks very bright to me.

2) I don't notice any lag on the Z30. It seems to be almost simultaneous. As the message screen opens the keyboard opens. In fact, if you go to compose a new message, the keyboard actually seems to appear before the top portion opens. Almost a reverse lag, but certainly not noticeable enough to impact anything

Overall, I don't notice a lag at all that is of any concern.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-16-14 10:12 PM
    You cannot get as "pure" of a bright white as with the Z10 LCD, in my opinion. But if you adjust it cooler (more blue bias, less red) it can be very close. The Z30 at full brightness is not as bright as the Z10. But as many others have said, it's plenty bright enough, and the difference is something you can get used to quickly. I own both right now. And the Z30 still has a bit of a red (warm) bias. That being said, I have heard that some get slightly different results based on which one you get, meaning one production run may be slightly different from another just because all of the screens supplied to BlackBerry are not identical during the production process.

As for the keyboard lag in messages, I dont see any. The faster processor makes all tasks much quicker and "snappier" overall.

TLDR; I think you won't be disappointed. I wasn't. I suggest you give it a try!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:19 PM
    Can't help with the whiteness adjustment comparison as I don't have much time on a Z10, but as to the keyboard lag, there is none whatsoever. Text, email or BBM, it snaps right up.
    02-16-14 11:29 PM
    And yes, even after adjustment, there is a little "grey" wash to the white. The HD quality, more color depth, and larger size more than makes up for it, IMO. The Z30 screen can be flat out stunning! I also notice a more "3D" feel to graphics, as well. Once you have it in your hands, and make the adjustments, my screen looks light years better than the store display model did!! I had the same initial reactions as you, but they are no longer of concern.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:32 PM