Hi team,

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. We all know how Blackberrys are secure and whatnot, but if there are actual native bb10 anti virus apps, then there must be some possible threats that are known.

My question is whether or not ported android Antivirus Apps (such as AVG) would only protect the files/folders /apps associated with the android runtime, or would it actually protect and scan the entire phone?

Of course a native one would be best but AVG is an option.

Also to anyone that has Max Antivirus installed... does it take up a lot of resources as it runs in the background?

Thanks

Posted with CB10 on Z30
    01-09-15 04:08 PM
    To be honest, just because we have native anti virus it doesn't actually mean there are real threats, take Symbian for example, there are no known public viruses out there since Capability control + Nokia signing was introduced years ago, yet we will have anti virus software, it's a waste of time, money and resources personally.
    01-09-15 04:18 PM
    [INFO]ALL available Anti virus software for BlackBerry 10 aim to secure the android part of the OS.[/INFO]
    [TIP]There are no known virus for BlackBerry10, hence, no native software that handles native apps. [/TIP]
    01-09-15 04:22 PM
    The native antivirus app, I only know of one, Max Security
    I don't use it regularly. It does scan your files against the database included for files that may be malicious. So far, I have never found one
    Having said that, it also scans for android stuff, because while the runtime is independent, native apps still have access to it and its directories
    On the contrary, android ported antiviruses may be able to scan within the runtime, but not outside of it, making it a moot point
    I honestly don't think there are any malicious apps/files available on the BB10/QNX system. It would be more of malware than a virus, given that next to no apps/scripts actually have root function, which the big bad viruses require to do damage
    01-09-15 04:24 PM
    Also, I believe some AVs also scan against threats to Windows PCs, in case you ever transfer files and for some reason there's no AV software on your PC.
    01-09-15 04:28 PM