So I've got a Z10 at the minute but I really want a Z30.

The plan is to just buy one unlocked from Amazon, their selling for 360 pounds at the minute, then I'll sell my Z10 or keep it in a draw of something and use the Sim & Current contract for my Z30.

My question is, My carrier O2 UK don't sell the Z30 so they obviously won't support it either with OS updates. So would that mean I can never get OS updates officially? I don't want to have to use leaks all the time because I can't be bothered losing all of my data.

Was wondering because its unlocked would the updates come straight from BlackBerry or what?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 06:55 PM
    You can just download the autoloaders here in the forums and install updates that way. I kinda prefer it that way personally
    01-24-14 07:04 PM
    You can just download the autoloaders here in the forums and install updates that way. I kinda prefer it that way personally
    Auto loader's delete all of the phones data though and I really don't trust BlackBerry Link It already messed up on a back up for me twice!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:09 PM
    Yeah, that's kinda rough. I've got my backups worked out at this point so it doesn't bother me. I like having them for peace-of-mind anyway. Plus, then I have old os's if for some odd reason I wanted to downgrade. To each his own, ya know? If your carrier doesn't support it, then I don't think you have much of a choice unfortunately
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    01-24-14 07:12 PM
    Yeah, that's kinda rough. I've got my backups worked out at this point so it doesn't bother me. I like having them for peace-of-mind anyway. Plus, then I have old os's if for some odd reason I wanted to downgrade. To each his own, ya know? If your carrier doesn't support it, then I don't think you have much of a choice unfortunately
    Might be time for a change of carrier then! Their own fault for not supporting BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:15 PM
    There ya go! That's definitely one solution
    01-24-14 07:18 PM
    I bought an unlocked Z30 from Amazon in the UK a few weeks ago. I'm also on O2 but if that proves to be a problem for getting OS updates OTA then I will just get a PAYG micro Sim card from a carrier that does support the Z30, such as Vodafone and soon to be EE, and put it in the phone so it picks up the update. It's an unlocked phone after all.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    01-24-14 07:18 PM
    Oh yeah, of course... I always forget about that route. Definitely worth it if you don't wanna switch carriers
    01-24-14 07:19 PM
    I bought an unlocked Z30 from Amazon in the UK a few weeks ago. I'm also on O2 but if that proves to be a problem for getting OS updates OTA then I will just get a PAYG micro Sim card from a carrier that does support the Z30, such as Vodafone and soon to be EE, and put it in the phone so it picks up the update. It's an unlocked phone after all.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Didn't think of that one! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:29 PM