I've had both and I'm in the process of selling both :-) (Note 3 already gone).

Note 3: the pen is superfluous. Unless you have a specific need for it and buy the Note 3 for that reason, you'll never use it. Touchwiz is fugly and it's very slow. I've used many different Android devices over the last couple of years (unit recently, I was in charge of purchasing mobile devices for a company) and Touchwiz devices have all been laggy - the N3 is no exception here. It's faster than the S4, but it's drastically slower than a Sony Xperia Z1 or a Nexus 5. It'll zip along nicely until suddenly it seems to hit a stutter and will then slow down until you reboot it. I've seen this on at least 10 Note 3, so it's safe to say that most of them have that issue. Samsung has now promised that the next iteration of Touchwiz will be as fast as it should be on a Qualcomm 800 processor, but it's unclear if the newly-designed UI the S5 will receive will ever make it to the N3. Apart from that: the choice of materials on the N3 is abysmal. On my own device, the color started coming off on the silver edges after less than 3 weeks.

As for the Z30: that one's a great device but there are two things about it that I really don't like: 1. the hub is just too messy for my taste. Some people might enjoy having one large, cluttered inbox filled with the messages from all kinds of services, I don't. It's somewhat better now in 10.2.1 with the gesture that'll only show unread messages but it's just not for me. The second thing is apps. Native apps run really smoothly and are a joy to use on the Z30 but there are so darn few of those. Most apps in the App World are Android ports. And those just don't run smoothly - they're now BEARABLY quick, but still much, much slower than on a native Android device. The same goes for all the side-loaded APKs, of course. The ports are only just good enough and for a business user the speed at which they run can become frustrating very quickly.

If you need a 5"+ screen, don't mind the weight (as you apparently don't if you consider the N3 or the Z30), need all day battery-life, need a robust phone that's hard to kill, I'd recommend looking at the Sony Xperia Z1(s). It's fast, it's water-proof, it's built like a tank and the battery will easily last all day. If you want to get rid of Android, a wild-card might be the Nokia 1520 or a Nokia Icon (if you're on Verizon). Some of my co-workers opted to get the 1520 and are fairly happy with it. Still a small trade-off in terms of apps compared to Android or iOS, but it has a truly stunning screen, a great camera, great build quality and almost unmatched battery-life. It's close to impossible to kill the battery in one day even with heavy use (my coworkers rely on tethering etc. on a daily basis). Productivity is very high on WP8 - the OS is extremely simple to use, and integration with MS-based services and products (Outlook, MS Office, Skydrive etc.) is unmatched. The Z1 is a typical Android device but it's as clutter-free as the N5 - which puts it in stark contrast to the N3.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
    I dump Touchwiz immediately and just run another launcher. Problem solved. And the N3 screams once you remove all the crap - definitely more responsive than the Z30. As for WP8 - I love that OS. Even on moderate hardware it runs smoothly and it's just plain classy. Almost as simple as iOS, but much more flexible in terms of customization - although nowhere near as much as Android. And it's rock solid and power efficient. If I don't play much with my 928, it will run for days.

The problem here is at the moment there is no such thing as a truly bad OS. All of them have their upsides and downsides. I think though that the Z30 is BB at the top of their game. The only phone from them I've used that comes close is the 9930 - which is still the prettiest phone anyone has ever made
    02-24-14 07:45 AM
    I carry both devices, well, I have just put my note 3 on ebay and am debating for my second phone to be a Q10 or another Z30... I love traditional BlackBerry keyboards but I work a lot with pictures and always miss the screen real estate...

The note is a lively device and great for so many things. As a productivity tool, sorry but no. It is clunky and everything to me feels laboured. I admit to being a BlackBerry lover but when if comes to work its the best tool for the job.... in my case it's Z30 all say every day. Battery will last a very heavy user like me 12 hours easy, and 24 on the weekends...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 03:50 PM
    With bb10, your home computer is your own personal cloud. As long as your computer is on you can access your files over a secure link anywhere in the world with your BlackBerry.
    Samsung Link | Samsung Content & Services

Also supports DropBox, SugarSync, or OneDrive/SkyDrive

They've had this since the GS3 (used to be called AllShare Play or something), and it works, cause I used to use it before SkyDrive got built into Windows 8.1 (when I used the S3).

I think thebiggest seller for the Note is the S Pen. It wasn't that good in the earlier notes (the first Note had a very laggy pen), but this one is different. They certain put their time to good use on improving the S Pen.

One thing I don't like about Samsung devices is that they have a duplicate app for almost everything Google has, and it comes across as being a bit cluttered/messy. S3/4 and Note II has the same issue.
    02-24-14 05:10 PM
    I'll make it simple for you, since you are in CB forum, get Z30...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:37 PM
    Z30 rocks! Best device I'd ever own.

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z30
    04-26-14 08:45 AM
    I have both the Note 3 and the Z30. Both devices do a decent job. If you mainly want a phone which you also can use as a tablet get the Z30. If you want as small tablet which you can also use as a phone from time to time buy the Note 3 (and it was cheaper in my part of the world). The haptic feeling of the BlackBerry is better, however.

I have never used the S Pen so far. This thing has no added value for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 02:46 PM
    I now have a Note 8.0 (so a tablet, no phone capabilities except through Skype and Google Hangouts) paired with my Z30 phone. Honestly, while the S-pen is a nice touch, on a smaller screen like the Note 3 it doesn't have the same room to move as with a full tablet. This said, it only really does a couple things that my Z30 doesn't do, and so it really is more of a multimedia consumption device than a working device for me.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    04-26-14 04:50 PM
    Note 3 has a hardware issue where the ear proximity sensor can get swamped by pocket lint. Every once in a while you will need to blow it out with a can of compressed air through the top ear piece speaker to clean it out. I've owned the Note 3 for 2 weeks now and just noticed this. Other Note 3 users experience this as well. Just do a google search and you will find complaints about this. Thinking of switching back to my Z10 due to this issue.
    05-05-14 12:36 AM
    Hi all,

I've jumped from mobile OS to mobile OS in the past (ranging from WebOS to iOS to Windows Phone to Android) but oddly enough have never owned a BB product.

I'm in the market for an upgrade, and I'm looking to find the device that would be the best productivity tool. I've narrowed my choice down to the Note 3 and the Z30. Basically, I'm less interested in pure specs, and more interested in what each device brings to the table in terms of getting work done.

To that end, I was hoping to get some input from Z30 owners on what they feel the best productivity features the device brings to the table. By and large I am looking to compare these features to the functionality that the S Pen of the Note 3 brings. Oh, and if anyone has direct experience with both devices, I'd sure like to hear your opinions.

(by the way, I'm currently using a Moto X, which is a great device but the battery life is killing it's reliability as a work tool)

Thanks all!
    You basically already made the decision yourself. You used works such as "work" "productivity". This means you need a blackberry. No other phone maker takes productivity as their priority. They just clutter **** together with tons of apps and that's it. Unpolished and not profesh. BlackBerry 10 is a seamless OS and the hub alone helps you get things done quicker then any other phone because your messages are a swipe away from anything you are doing

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    05-05-14 01:39 AM
84 ... 234