My SD card having problems, file corruption on my z30 with latest software updated version .2977. Photos and videos keep corrupted. It was fine on the z10 before starting to have problem on z30 unlocked from BlackBerry shop. My z30 said media card is not recognized, I did try to format from setting - storage and access with confirmation "media card formatting completed" but still not seem helps at all. Is there any suggestions to help me out, I am on vacation right now and will probably buy new card from bestbuy if I have to, but would like to take your advice first, thanks. Have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:04 AM
    If you have a PC running Vista or higher and a card reader handy, format it on the PC to file format exFAT.
    How to Format a Drive of exFAT Formatting in Windows 7 | Techgenie
    Carl Estes and PatrickMJS like this.
    09-24-14 09:14 AM
    I did format my SD card in extFAT format on window earlier, tested with a few shots and seems okay, I did verified it in the (...) more option file properties and it shows the photos stored in media/camera folder, but an hour later I tried again and it told me file can't be saved, all photos I had earlier no longer there, in the file manager I found the file system and when I clicked on any of the folder and the msg shows "no such file or directory". But if I keep taking more pictures it will save on my camera internal memory.and that not I would like to.

So what might I do? Can I safely assume my SanDisk Extreme plus is a piece of junk? What else can I try? I went into the Bestbuy here are Port Charlotte, Florida and all they have is mcSD SanDisk, I would not want to take a chance again ever. Thanks for taking time to help me out, have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:28 PM
    Download h2testw on a pc and test it for speed and storage amount. It will let you know if there is corrupt storage or not.
    09-24-14 09:51 PM
    ChrisBB2011,

Do you happen to have the link for the download/utility that you had mentioned above? I had the same problem after format my sd card in extFAT, please and thanks.
    09-25-14 09:11 AM
    Btw, I did test the card using the BVirtualExpert and my z30 recognized It fine, event recognized I have 59.4gb left when I accessed it in the "setting -media card and access" option, and had a small storage photo file on it, but refused to store any more. Photos On the media card, Thanks.
    09-25-14 09:20 AM
    http://betdownload.com/h2testw-961-download

It will take probably at least a few hours so I would just use the program overnight. It will reformat your card (so make sure everything is backed up off of it).
    09-25-14 12:08 PM