OK, to start with I've never used the stock BlackBerry ear buds. In fact, I don�t use them at all. I don�t listen to music and I'm not one of those people who sit at their desks with a headset on.

But today I had a requirement to use them, as I had to make a conference call on my Z30. So I opened the package with the BlackBerry headset for the first time.

And no matter what I did the damn things just fell out. I could not get them to stay in my ears. I have no idea what the little loops on them are for because they certainly don't fit over my ears. In the end I just held the phone to my ear.

And I just being old and stupid and unable to operate a set of earbuds, or is the BlackBerry headset just crap?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:27 AM
    Their are different sizes of looped ear buds in the box including a set without the loops. Have you tried any of those? Personally I use the ones without the loops.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:57 AM
    I can't use them either. They are probably one of the worst set of earbuds I've ever tried.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:42 AM
    I have used them all the time until I broke them for using at night. They are fine, the loops must be fold and when put then in your ear release them. That way they will stay in place. One of the best I have used.
    rick0415 likes this.
    07-02-15 02:01 AM
    I love them. I have had trouble with all kinds of headphones before. Only the plugs worked well.

But I love these blackberry ones, they're the only ones that properly stay in.

Everytime I buy a new pair of headphones, I put the blackberry rubber piece on them.

Work Wide and Prosper
    jdesignz and rick0415 like this.
    07-02-15 02:02 AM
    They're the coolest earbuds I've had. Far better than the ones that comes with iFoanz and Scamsungs!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-02-15 02:40 AM
    Thanks. I investigated the other attachments and found the ones with the larger hoops can fit relatively ok inside my ear, provided I don�t move my head too much or want stereo sound.

There's a fair amount of crackle, more than I would expect from an analogue jack.

Also, the mic & play / pause button do nothing. Do I have to select a special mode?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 03:42 AM
    I bought a Bluetooth set of beats by dre. They're great for long calls, music, etc
    I ride a road bike and motor cycle and they're perfect for that as well.

Posted via CB10, from Texas
    07-02-15 11:04 AM
    Odd, I now own about 3 pairs of the new loop style headsets because I like them so much. They just pop right into my ears and do not budge. Kevin was really impressed too back when he was a regular contributor.

Thank you BlackBerry for giving me earbuds that stay in my ears! | CrackBerry.com
    07-02-15 02:17 PM
    No BB ear buds were included with my Verizon z30 or z10 for that matter.
    07-02-15 06:48 PM
    No BB ear buds were included with my Verizon z30 or z10 for that matter.
    Maybe they didn't want to give you the love as use that purchased Z30 STA100-5.
    Hill I even got a phone charger with mine.
    Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-15 07:34 PM
    OK, to start with I've never used the stock BlackBerry ear buds. In fact, I don’t use them at all. I don’t listen to music and I'm not one of those people who sit at their desks with a headset on.

But today I had a requirement to use them, as I had to make a conference call on my Z30. So I opened the package with the BlackBerry headset for the first time.

And no matter what I did the damn things just fell out. I could not get them to stay in my ears. I have no idea what the little loops on them are for because they certainly don't fit over my ears. In the end I just held the phone to my ear.

And I just being old and stupid and unable to operate a set of earbuds, or is the BlackBerry headset just crap?

Posted via CB10
    Your not stupid!!! The included headsets are hard to fit and don't fit a lot of people. I have been experimenting with in ear headsets and I've finally got two pairs which offer great sound and quality! NOCS S500 and KLIPSCH x7i are my two favourite in ear monitors for great sound quality and the call mic is super high quality and noise isolating! I too have issues about the included headsets not fitting properly and they pop out as well. BUT I love how they are designed with the linguine style cable that prevents tangling. I think for in ear headsets, the tangling issue is quite common and I'm a big fan of the linguine style cable.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-20-15 at 02:19 PM.
    FF22 and daveyw_nz like this.
    07-18-15 07:30 AM