View Poll Results: If the A10 specs and hardware match BGR Leak would you buy it.

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

43 55.84%
  • Yes

12 15.58%
  • Sticking with Z10

21 27.27%
  • Sticking with Q10

10 12.99%
  • Buying a Samsung

6 7.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Help please I so want this company to be a success, start a petition, do a poll.
    Email them, stop the madness.
    nquyen likes this.
    07-11-13 06:41 PM
    Instead of trying to stop them, I think a better idea would be to somehow make it clear that the A10, based on what's been "leaked," won't be very competitive at the time it's released.

This is the first BlackBerry in a long time that I've felt this way about. If they're going to build a "flagship" "phablet," they should really go all out. Yeah, some people say "specs don't matter," but they do to a whole bunch of people. That's part of why Android is so successful.. a newer version of a phone comes out with slightly better specs, and people buy it.

People aren't willing to give BlackBerry very many more chances. If BlackBerry had an A10 with a better screen and a 10 or 12 megapixel camera (or dare I say something larger, something that's better than what's out there), then people might give the A10 a chance.

I really hope the A10 that's been leaked isn't what's final. It looks nice. BlackBerry always makes nice looking phones. But, like we were always taught about people: "it's what's on the inside that counts," and I don't see how the insides of the A10 would sway a Galaxy Note III buyer.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:49 PM
    Instead of trying to stop them, I think a better idea would be to somehow make it clear that the A10, based on what's been "leaked," won't be very competitive at the time it's released.

This is the first BlackBerry in a long time that I've felt this way about. If they're going to build a "flagship" "phablet," they should really go all out. Yeah, some people say "specs don't matter," but they do to a whole bunch of people. That's part of why Android is so successful.. a newer version of a phone comes out with slightly better specs, and people buy it.

People aren't willing to give BlackBerry very many more chances. If BlackBerry had an A10 with a better screen and a 10 or 12 megapixel camera (or dare I say something larger, something that's better than what's out there), then people might give the A10 a chance.

I really hope the A10 that's been leaked isn't what's final. It looks nice. BlackBerry always makes nice looking phones. But, like we were always taught about people: "it's what's on the inside that counts," and I don't see how the insides of the A10 would sway a Galaxy Note III buyer.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I really feel that if they're going to position this as a flagship near the end of 2013, it has to kick some serious a**. Not necessarily because specs matter, but because enough people think specs matter that it would create a huge wow factor for the brand. Here's hoping the leaked specs aren't all true.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-11-13 06:51 PM
    The insides didn't sway people to an iPhone now did it? iPhone uses a dual core processor yet the performance is still comparable to top end quad androids in real use.
    07-11-13 06:52 PM
    The insides didn't sway people to an iPhone now did it? iPhone uses a dual core processor yet the performance is still comparable to top end quad androids in real use.
    Apple has the image. Apple has the app ecosystem, Apple has the marketing and cool factor to sell whatever piece of crap they choose. BlackBerry has maybe one last shot, and this phone is a granny shot not a three pointer!!!!
    07-11-13 07:01 PM
    The iPhone was the "it" phone. It still kind of is. They could update nothing but Siri's voice and it would still sell wildly.

BlackBerry doesn't have that luxury.

Apple does a great job of making customers think or not think that they NEED or want something. BlackBerry isn't good at that, they actually have to have something on the inside, something they can use in a "The A10 has X, the iPhone, and Samsung don't."

Posted via CB10
    szlevi and Jerale Hoard like this.
    07-11-13 07:05 PM
    Nope. Nexus 5 for me.

Plus it'll be cheaper.
    Saiga and agp101 like this.
    07-11-13 07:09 PM
    By the time it's released? That would be the case even if it released today.
    kevinnugent, rnhld and nquyen like this.
    07-11-13 07:09 PM
    Yeah for real. Apple has a gigantic fan base. BlackBerry just doesn't have the same following.

This is BlackBerry we are talking about. They won't release a high spec'd device. It isn't their style and they are going to lose because of it.

A petition won't stop anything. We might as well prepare our good bye speeches to BlackBerry because this is the end.

Posted Via CB10 on my Sexy *** wifi calling enabled Q10
    07-11-13 07:14 PM
    Too many people care about specs over battery life these days. I guess there's always next year, by then both WP and BB should have quad core phones maybe even apple. If they can't win the specs war then they need to keep innovating their OS to improve the user experience and add back the best features of BB7.
    07-11-13 07:24 PM
    Forget the specs, the mobile experience is about the user experience as defined by apps and other phone features. After 7 1/2 years of being dedicated to BBerry (and being derided by my peers the past 2 for for my Bold 9780), I switched to iPhone 5 last week.

I waited patiently for the Z10, but was not impressed with sample photos of the camera performance I saw here (they looked yellow and washed out in low light) and I was concerned about the lack of apps such as Google Maps, Google Search shortcut, Starbucks, and others. True, I think Google is being evil by not writing apps for BlackBerry but I do not want be a victim of their evil doing.

Hence, I switched and love the iPhone 5 ( I did demo an HTC One for 2 weeks and liked it but did not need another OS in my life). The Fantastical calendar app with native speech recognition is tremendous, Clear is a cool to do list app, paying at Starbucks with my wife's loyalty card is nice (and accrues reward points for her), and I love responding to texts and emails via voice. I like turn by turn voice directions from both the native and Google maps programs. I am not even factoring in that I can use Siri with my car's hands free system to instruct her to dial numbers while I am driving which I could not do previously. iCloud and playlist syncing with my home pc are also a bonus. Finally, it is nice to see my friends not try to swipe pictures of my kids when they should have been using the track pad to see the next one

I liked the Bberry experience initially and loved the productivity. However, the smart phone experience has evolved and BBerry has not. I am sad to go but I am happy to not be the guy stuck with turning out the lights.
    Last edited by BlackberryVeteran; 07-11-13 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Typos
    switmelody0109 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:37 PM
    Too late ... train has left the station ... ship has sailed ... TH has approved.

Cute how your poll results are as buggy as a .....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-11-13 08:43 PM
    it did when it was the iPhone4 that brought Apple as a major competitor in the game, before that they were just a whatever touchscreen phone.the iPhone4 changed everythign for Apple and it was at the time top class specs and hardware, which got them a crazy userbase and word of mouth spread that the iPhone was the best thing since sliced bread. it wasn't really till the SII came out that Android really started to gain and when Android phones had crazy igh level specs, which they still do and is what has attracted so many users to the platform. BlackBerry needs to throw a bit of top shelf hardware to gain some attention and when users are able to see this same hardware beat levels of the high end androids of the same level, then that may actually be a push in the upward direction. being as the Z10 was pushed back later from the BB10 delay, BlackBerry had no choice but to have older hardware when the Android world was bringing out high figure hardware the next month, had they released whe nthey wanted the market would have been a differnt ball game being specced higher then the iPhone5 and on par with the popular Androids at the time
    07-11-13 09:43 PM
    Nope. Nexus 5 for me.

Plus it'll be cheaper.
    Love my Nexus 4 and can't wait to hear more about the Nexus 5. I'm hoping it is as affordable as the last Nexus. If it is, I'll be buying it day one.
    07-11-13 09:52 PM
    I have lost trust with this company.

1. They can't keep up with the promises
    2. half backed products
    3. Delays and delays
    4. No value for loyal customers

Please note I still want the company to succeed and I hope they can improve BB10 by innovating and not by playing catchup game!
    h20work and BThunderW like this.
    07-11-13 09:52 PM
    Too many people care about specs over battery life these days.
    It isn't the olden days of phones anymore. Quite a few phones these days have both great specs and all day battery life. My Nexus 4 for example has a quad core yet its battery lasts twice as long as my dual core, LEZ10's. Today, I am almost at 13 hours off of the charger and my battery still has 61% left of its charge. I have never had my Z10 last this long at all.

So why can't BB accomplish either?
    szlevi likes this.
    07-11-13 10:00 PM
    It isn't the olden days of phones anymore. Quite a few phones these days have both great specs and all day battery life. My Nexus 4 for example has a quad core yet its battery lasts twice as long as my dual core, LEZ10's. Today, I am almost at 13 hours off of the charger and my battery still has 61% left of its charge. I have never had my Z10 last this long at all.

So why can't BB accomplish either?
    Hmm funny. Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE...and it lasts longer than Z10 which does. One of the mysteries of life I suppose. Like water that melts under the sun and the money that disappears from my wallet every time I go out with my girlfriend on a date.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ports-lte.html

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:50 PM
    Hmm funny. Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE...and it lasts longer than Z10 which does. One of the mysteries of life I suppose. Like water that melts under the sun and the money that disappears from my wallet every time I go out with my girlfriend on a date.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ports-lte.html

Posted via CB10
    Funny that you bring up LTE. See, my Z10 doesn't have a celluar connection at all. Lol it is on WiFi only with no sim card in it. No phone calls, no text messages. I can't use my BlackBerry 10 phones on my carrier. Even though they are both factory unlocked, and they are GSM, just like my carrier is, it no workie. Because BlackBerry 10 doesn't allow users to edit their APN.

So my Z10, that is always on WiFi, still doesn't last as long as my primary phone. My Nexus 4 that does have a celluar connection and phone calls, texts and mobile data, still out lasts a phone that is never used away from WiFi. Kinda sad isn't it?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-11-13 10:59 PM
    Funny that you bring up LTE. See, my Z10 doesn't have a celluar connection at all. Lol it is on WiFi only with no sim card in it. No phone calls, no text messages. I can't use my BlackBerry 10 phones on my carrier. Even though they are both factory unlocked, and they are GSM, just like my carrier is, it no workie. Because BlackBerry 10 doesn't allow users to edit their APN.

So my Z10, that is always on WiFi, still doesn't last as long as my primary phone. My Nexus 4 that does have a celluar connection and phone calls, texts and mobile data, still out lasts a phone that is never used away from WiFi. Kinda sad isn't it?

There is absolutely no way you are only getting 13 hours out of a properly functioning wifi only connected Z10, VPN settings dint affect the battery, and an overwhelming majority on here have come to a concensus that the phone clearly lasts a full day on heavy use, with a few exceptions that could simply be faulty hardware.

I also call BS, even aside from the off chance that you are telling the truth, but why wouldn't you state these so called realities of how you use your Z10 to further your point in the original post you made seems kind of useless to state something as apples to apples then when called out on it it turns into apples and oranges to favour you?

That's like saying "I wore Nikes and won this race against Usain Bolt". And then somebody obviously calls you out on your BS and you say, oh the funny thing is I was actually in crutches with a broken foot and Usain Bolt wasn't allowed to run so I won anyway... fail on so many levels.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:15 PM
    I think Blackberry needs to pull a Sony. By that, I mean that they need to dump all their resources into the phone and sell it at a loss. They really need to have better specs than anything within 12 months into the future, and eventually they can break even about 6 months out.

I think they need to bite the bullet that they need to absolutely crush the competition with specs and some "top-secret" app launches. If they can release something so far out there, along with a surprise launch of much wanted apps like netflix, instagram, etc. this can allow them to get back into a viable position to keep a solid portion of the smartphone market, not just an inferior niche product for touchscreen keyboard incompetent people(let's be real, the general consumer market controlling the majority of the market wants an accurate touchscreen, without physical keyboards. This is the market blackberry needs to capture.

I have a Z10, mainly because BB is the only phone that got me through an entire 2 year contract without dying, while everything else died well before that. It's interesting that BB put a "just enough" phone together. I mean less than a month after launch there were 4 phones with better specs, and this is why I mean the next blackberry needs to be so far out there, and so top-secret, that it can control the specs crowd long-term. The need an incredibly fast quad core, if not an 8 core, a camera with a MP rating of probably 4-6MPs higher than what's on the market this fall, a full GB or two of RAM more than what's available at the time, and finally some cutting-edge memory so they can approach the 120GB+ range with flash-type memory.

I know much of that isn't proper techno terminology, you know what I mean though, BB needs something so incredible it makes the entire market's jaw drop.
    07-11-13 11:33 PM
    There is absolutely no way you are only getting 13 hours out of a properly functioning wifi only connected Z10, VPN settings dint affect the battery, and an overwhelming majority on here have come to a concensus that the phone clearly lasts a full day on heavy use, with a few exceptions that could simply be faulty hardware.

I also call BS, even aside from the off chance that you are telling the truth, but why wouldn't you state these so called realities of how you use your Z10 to further your point in the original post you made seems kind of useless to state something as apples to apples then when called out on it it turns into apples and oranges to favour you?

That's like saying "I wore Nikes and won this race against Usain Bolt". And then somebody obviously calls you out on your BS and you say, oh the funny thing is I was actually in crutches with a broken foot and Usain Bolt wasn't allowed to run so I won anyway... fail on so many levels.

Posted via CB10
    Lol you seem worked up, look through my post history. BlackBerry 10 won't work on Straight Talk. I've complained about it on this forum in the past and many others have reported the same problem. So since I don't mention it in every single post I make here you assume that I must be making it up?

Believe what you want, but my Z10 has horrible battery life. You may have noticed that I never said my Dev Alpha C has bad battery life, that is because it doesn't. My Dev Alpha C has no problem going 18-20 hours. Which is plenty long. If it was making it up, why would I single out the Z10 and not all BlackBerry 10 phones?

Fact of the matter is, the Z10 does have pretty horrible battery life. It isn't like I'm the only person in the world to have noticed this.

Also, please do tell me, how in the world do you know what OS is on my Z10? Oh, wait you don't know. You have no clue what OS is on my Z10. So please explain to me why you would assume to know how long my Z10's battery life should last? You do realize that different OS builds could/do have effects on battery life right?

Remeber, my Z10 doesn't have a carrier. So that means no OTA updates for me. I'm personally not interested in doing the leaks/hybrids. Simply because Link hates me. I can't back my phones up to 100% any more. So yeah, my Z10 is probably not running the latest OS. But I'm sure you never considered any of that before assuming I'm making stuff up. Assuming is fun though isn't it?

h20work likes this.
    07-11-13 11:34 PM
    I was reading a lot of the comments from Simon's article and the people have spoken, please Blackberry listen.
    This community let you know there concerns about the Q5 and they where dead on, that phone is overpriced and plain when it
    comes to hardware. Early sales of the Q5 in the UK are terrible, with only an estimated 5,000 sold.
    I know you will argue the OS runs smooth on smaller specs, but that is not how the consumer thinks. Reps and sales people
    will listen to the tech reviews and destroy this product before it reaches the market, DOA I say.

BE BOLD, BE AGGRESSIVE, BUT MOST OF ALL STOP THINKING THE CUSTOMER DOESN'T NEED MORE.
    07-11-13 11:37 PM
    We can talk till we are blue in the face. If BlackBerry doesn't market at least as good as Apple, it's game over.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:48 PM
    *was a response but just letting it go
    07-11-13 11:49 PM
    Lol you seem worked up, look through my post history. BlackBerry 10 won't work on Straight Talk. I've complained about it on this forum in the past and many others have reported the same problem. So since I don't mention it in every single post I make here you assume that I must be making it up?

Believe what you want, but my Z10 has horrible battery life. You may have noticed that I never said my Dev Alpha C has bad battery life, that is because it doesn't. My Dev Alpha C has no problem going 18-20 hours. Which is plenty long. If it was making it up, why would I single out the Z10 and not all BlackBerry 10 phones?

Fact of the matter is, the Z10 does have pretty horrible battery life. It isn't like I'm the only person in the world to have noticed this.

Also, please do tell me, how in the world do you know what OS is on my Z10? Oh, wait you don't know. You have no clue what OS is on my Z10. So please explain to me why you would assume to know how long my Z10's battery life should last? You do realize that different OS builds could/do have effects on battery life right?

Remeber, my Z10 doesn't have a carrier. So that means no OTA updates for me. I'm personally not interested in doing the leaks/hybrids. Simply because Link hates me. I can't back my phones up to 100% any more. So yeah, my Z10 is probably not running the latest OS. But I'm sure you never considered any of that before assuming I'm making stuff up. Assuming is fun though isn't it?

Sad. Are you sure you are using the correct model? Stl100-1?2?3?4? Which model and which region are you?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:49 PM
62 123