My fellow friends,

I looked over at the Googles and here at the search thread. No simple help

You are my last hope.

As you know I have this wonderful Z30 with my 16GB SD Micro Card! Over the year I always had the message that my card nearly full. I love putting my music and making photos. So with 16GB I thought it's time for an upgrade.

So I bought a 32 Micro SD Card. Keep in mind that I do also have a Q10 as a second phone.

So how can I copy all the data (music, photos, etc) from my old 16GB Card to my new 32GB Card?? I have a Mac and Blackberry Link?

Any simple instruction you have for me?

It would be awesome.
    05-05-14 04:03 PM
    Congratulations on the new media card. A couple of ways work. My choice is to copy the old card to the computer and then write to the new card. That leaves me with a backup file.

The files may be transferred from a card reader to the new card if both devices are hooked to the computer.

Good luck.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-05-14 04:22 PM
    Hey! I think I can help :P

Now keep in mind I don't have a mac, but I do believe these quick steps will be applicable for both.

1) Make a folder on your desktop, and label it something simple, like '16GB SD'. Keep it handy, as you'll need it.

2) Take SD card out of your phone, and put it in your computer's SD card reader, or an external reader plugged into your computer.

3) Once your SD card shows up, copy all files into that shiny new folder you made.

4) Once the transfer is complete, eject the SD and pop the new one in.

5) When the new SD card shows up on the computer, drag the contents of the '16GB SD' folder into your SD card.

6) Wait until the transfer is complete, eject the SD with all your files, and pop it in your shiny new phone!

BONUS STEP) To make sure your sd card works fantastically the first time, put the empty new sd card in your phone and format it. This ensures that it is configured correctly, and you won't have to repeat these steps multiple times :P
    double_fault likes this.
    05-05-14 04:26 PM
    Congratulations on the new media card. A couple of ways work. My choice is to copy the old card to the computer and then write to the new card. That leaves me with a backup file.

The files may be transferred from a card reader to the new card if both devices are hooked to the computer.

Good luck.
    Gah! Beat me to it :P
    05-05-14 04:26 PM

Good luck.
    My bestest friend. Thanks for a quick reply.

I really thought about doing something good to my Z30 by upgrading it with 32GB! You can't get that with an iPhone.

Well, please give a help here. When I connect my Z30 with my Mac, I do have 3 (!!!) disks showing up:

1) removable_SDCARD

2) dtm

3) media

Which one should I choose? I guess it must be removable_SDCARD right? So I just make a folder and copy this disk, right? Then I unplug the Z30. put the new SD Card in and re-connect it to the Mac. And paste the Folder to the card?
    05-05-14 04:28 PM
    I am so amazed that you guys wanna help out an old-schooler! Thanks!!!

I just made a new Folder and right now I am copying the data! Will be for an hour I guess.

But just a question here. Wouldn't it be better, if I connect my Q10 (old SD Card) and my Z30 (new SD Card) and copy the data from A to B? What you think?

Don't wanna make too complicated. Again, thank you guys!!!
    05-05-14 04:38 PM
    I am so amazed that you guys wanna help out an old-schooler! Thanks!!!

I just made a new Folder and right now I am copying the data! Will be for an hour I guess.

But just a question here. Wouldn't it be better, if I connect my Q10 (old SD Card) and my Z30 (new SD Card) and copy the data from A to B? What you think?

Don't wanna make too complicated. Again, thank you guys!!!
    No problem FistMaster, that's why we're here!

Now, in regards to copying data from A to B, that is another way that would work quite easily, but my preference has always been copying directly to and from the SD. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the solution you proposed; it may even be faster! I just prefer keeping it simple, and not including any extra hardware. I find copying files SD to SD is usually pretty quick, anyway :P
    05-05-14 05:54 PM