Hello, I have a speaker that can play music through NFC, can anyone tell we how to do that, do I need to send a song or something?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:35 AM
    Probably just uses nfc to connect then links Bluetooth, stick it on the speaker and see if it connects or something
    07-02-15 02:42 AM
    It says it's a near field audio speaker, if I lay my phone on it with nfc on and a song playing nothing happens, the Samsung galaxy s6 from my mate just works if he does the same....

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 04:19 AM
    What is the make and model of the speaker?
    07-02-15 07:35 AM
    I've used many Bluetooth speakers with NFC and yours is probably just used to help connect your devices to the speakers via Bluetooth. On the good ones, even if the speakers are off, you can tap the NFC of the device and it will connect, in some of the cheaper ones, you'll need to turn on the speaker.
    All it does, is it simplifies the pairing process.

AwesomeZ30
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-02-15 11:54 AM
    Hello, I have a speaker that can play music through NFC, can anyone tell we how to do that, do I need to send a song or something?
    You need to make sure both NFC & BlueTooth are "on". Then tap the phone to the speaker. That should work.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:59 PM
    I've used many Bluetooth speakers with NFC and yours is probably just used to help connect your devices to the speakers via Bluetooth. On the good ones, even if the speakers are off, you can tap the NFC of the device and it will connect, in some of the cheaper ones, you'll need to turn on the speaker.
    All it does, is it simplifies the pairing process.

AwesomeZ30
    Yup. You don't play music "through nfc" you play it through bluetooth. All nfc does is connect the 2 devices when you tap. That being said, it's very useful. I have every stereo connected to a blackberry nfc bluetooth bridge.

I used this a lot on blackberry with both the classic and the z30. He's a few things. One, the z30 sweet spot for the Nfc is a bit weird. I found myself needing to slide the phone around a bit to hit it right. Second, make sure the phone is unlocked and screen turned on. It won't work otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 03:09 PM
    Make sure you have nfc ON.
    07-03-15 04:26 PM