I guess the critics are not welcomed here but I am a BlackBerry 10 user, I have a z10 now.I used iPhone 5s a month back the things at which it sucked was.. Social networks..like u get them from android or clients found in BlackBerry store but the notification don't pop up you can't login them to hub and that sucks.Being an iPhone user I was addicted to a smooth nd lag free of but when you use android apps the apps kinda lags..they open slow...Rest the os is fine sometimes it needs restarts and all of sudden camera,music and all apps stops working lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:21 PM
    I am a big fan of the phone although I had it fail on me outright and had to be replaced recently. Screen is slightly less sharp than the Z10 and the color accuracy is probably below average(typical for an amoled display). Battery life is great, phone is quite fast, build quality is very nice. Wish it had more than 16gb internal storage.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:36 PM
    Regarding the volume key. I initially had a model with a build date of Oct 2013 and the up down a mute key were very mushy and unresponsive. I received a new unit last week with a presumably much later build date and the up down and mute buttons are noticeably improved to the point they are no longer an issue. Sometimes tiny issues like these are resolved after launch and no one is the wiser.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:44 PM
    I guess the critics are not welcomed here but I am a BlackBerry 10 user, I have a z10 now.I used iPhone 5s a month back the things at which it sucked was.. Social networks..like u get them from android or clients found in BlackBerry store but the notification don't pop up you can't login them to hub and that sucks.Being an iPhone user I was addicted to a smooth nd lag free of but when you use android apps the apps kinda lags..they open slow...Rest the os is fine sometimes it needs restarts and all of sudden camera,music and all apps stops working lol.

Posted via CB10
    Critics are okay, but... the OP asked about the Z30, not the 10. I liked my Z10, but it had problems. Battery life was bad, no miracast, no USB OTG.. The main social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, work wonderfully and they are integrated to the hub. Yes there is still problem with android apps, as it is a bit laggy sometimes, but generally the OS is very lag-free, especially if you use only native apps. Android runtime issue is addressed at the next update, and people running 10.3 or higher experience a very fast Android apps. And about restarting, very rarely does my device need restart though.
    08-02-14 12:54 AM
    I have been rocking my Verizon Z30 with a AT&T simple and it has been perfect. I bought is slightly used from a fellow CB member. The battery life is WOW! It's a solid phone with a nice in hand feeling and I like a bit heavy phone. I got mine for $300.00 which I think was a great deal. Get the phone and you will love it.
    08-02-14 08:02 AM
    Oh..sound quality and speakers are great. I find the screen to be good. As for social media in the hub....it works for me. never a problem but I only use a couple.

The only android app I hate using is fb because it's painfully slow. As for the other android apps I've downloaded....many work great and so much so, I often forget which ones they are.

Battery life is amazing. USB OTG is great. Keyboard and flicking is great. Build quality seems really good.

BB Proud
    08-02-14 09:04 AM
    Just out of curiosity as a potential Z30 user (I'm looking to upgrade my S2), does the Z30 run the droid48 app? It's an HP48 emulator, something I enjoy using as an engineer and I own two real HP48 calculators. I frequently use droid48 to solve several of my engineering problems as well as for unit conversion.

Also, how is the volume in loud environments? I work in an industry where I am often in very loud areas and am speaking on the phone and listening through earplugs. I'd like to not have issues communicating with callers (especially my boss) when I'm in the field. Many of the office users have iPhone 5s, but I'd like a larger screen and have better productivity options.

Is there much lag when you you want to make a call and have to open and search your contacts list?

I can choose which android apps have access to what components of my phone, so some apps won't have access to the phone or mic, or contacts list, right?

For many privacy is important. How much is the BB10 user the commodity, like on android or ios? What can be done to mitigate personal info from leaving the user's phone by android apps?

Moving from android to BB10 wouldn't be such a big challenge for me but what will I gain by having the only BB10 device in the company?
    Last edited by cgsmn; 08-02-14 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Added more questions
    08-02-14 09:18 AM
    What STA of your z30 on AT&T, sir? I would like to know because I'm using AT&T in Houston TX, so I need the best STA for that carrier.
    Thank you, sir
    Mine is STA 100-3

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.3253 on AT&T
    08-02-14 10:07 AM
    I have Google maps on my Z30 and it works great, although about half the time I use BlackBerry maps. I actually get a lot of compliments on the pictures I take with the phone. Have been very happy with the camera. If you are a snap chat user, you may be a little disappointed in how it works on BB10, it doesn't work as well as it does on Android or iPhone (per my daughter). My daughter uses hers all the time while off at college and says it has been a great tool. Hope this is helpful.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:50 AM
    Just out of curiosity as a potential Z30 user (I'm looking to upgrade my S2), does the Z30 run the droid48 app? It's an HP48 emulator, something I enjoy using as an engineer and I own two real HP48 calculators. I frequently use droid48 to solve several of my engineering problems as well as for unit conversion.

Also, how is the volume in loud environments? I work in an industry where I am often in very loud areas and am speaking on the phone and listening through earplugs. I'd like to not have issues communicating with callers (especially my boss) when I'm in the field. Many of the office users have iPhone 5s, but I'd like a larger screen and have better productivity options.

Is there much lag when you you want to make a call and have to open and search your contacts list?

I can choose which android apps have access to what components of my phone, so some apps won't have access to the phone or mic, or contacts list, right?

For many privacy is important. How much is the BB10 user the commodity, like on android or ios? What can be done to mitigate personal info from leaving the user's phone by android apps?

Moving from android to BB10 wouldn't be such a big challenge for me but what will I gain by having the only BB10 device in the company?
    Yes Droid48 works via Snap, not sure about the privacy settings, it sounds like they may be addressed in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:20 AM
    Current college student here. Haven't been able to use it heavily during a semester considering I got it this summer, but what I can say is, I can tell how I will be able to use it to my advantage in the following semesters. Downloading attachments, filing them into different folders on my media card, working on my documents on docs 2 go and saving them to one drive...the list goes on and on.

Had an iPhone 5 prior to this phone and I know the organization of all my documents on my new z30 will be beneficial to my studies.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 12:30 PM
    Screen is great. But for me it's a bit dark. Otherwise it's amazing. My volume keys rattle a bit. Here is a photo I took in lousy light.
    Attachment 288413

BB Proud
    Wow, that's a beautiful picture! Would you mind telling me where that is?
    08-02-14 04:57 PM
    I have a z10 in college. Any android apps will run as long as you don't need Google play services.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 05:02 PM
    Thanks guys! Just a couple more questions (I know, I ask a lot) before I try convincing my parents. Can I run something like Office 365 on the phone? By the way, I'm going into Engineering so if any other engineering students could tell me if everything they need runs on the phone, that would be great. And where is the cheapest place to buy one? Amazon, Shopblackberry or are there cheaper places?
    Thanks.
    08-02-14 05:03 PM
    Docs Togo comes with the phone. You can connect to your One Drive easily in the File Manager, giving you access to your cloud storage.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 06:21 PM
40 12