My PIM Services are operating at 50%+ AGAIN!!! The system was working fine until yesterday and I got 20+ hours battery life and today from 7am - 940am I am already on 66% remaining with just 4 hours to go! What is wrong with the device? I have done the device swipe once when this happened and got things back to normal for a few days and now back to typical blackberry reliability issues!! What do I do? Do I just bin the device?
    12-04-13 11:40 PM
    this might help you troubleshoot. or it could just be the phone syncing stuff. if not, revert to the official OS and see if the problem persists.

http://developer.blackberry.com/nati..._platform/pim/

Personal information management (PIM) refers to the ability to add, modify, and delete information that's specific to a particular user on a BlackBerry device. Users often want to store and track information that helps them organize their personal and professional lives. This information might include calendar entries, contacts, notes, and other personal items. Users want quick and easy access to this information anywhere they go.

BlackBerry 10 includes several core applications that can help you manage your personal information. Many of these apps provide features that users have come to expect from modern smartphones. The Calendar application lets you keep track of meetings, appointments, and so on, while the Contacts application gives you a central location to store information for all of your personal and professional contacts. BlackBerry 10 also includes other PIM apps, such as the Remember application, which lets you store a set of notebooks where you can add tasks and other list-type information.
    Bernard Gauthier likes this.
    12-05-13 12:34 AM
    Thanks but still facing massive battery drain with PIM Services running at 40%+ and no solution in sight. What is the last full official OS release for Z30?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 05:25 PM

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    12-07-13 10:07 PM
    I am experiencing the same issue on my Q10. However, it only happens about once a week and PIM service CPU usage is back to normal after restarting the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:10 AM
    Not the same case with me even after restart. I just did a swipe and re installed the OS for the third time. So far things are back to normal with excellent battery life and PIM working normal with PIM services on idle. Lets see how long this remains the case.

BTW what is the latest and last Z30 OS pre 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:42 AM
    It has been only 5 days since the third Swipe and Reinstall and PIM Services are at it again!!! Running over 40% and draining the battery out. Any suggestions???

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:04 AM
    I've got the same issue on both Z30 and Z10 with 10.2.1.1055. This just started about 3 days ago that I've noticed. Shutting down, rebooting, no luck. PIM Services is running 20-40 percent on both devices, and System is running at 20-40 percent, even hours after a reboot with nothing running.

I upgraded both devices to the current '1055 when it was released (what, a month ago?) and both have been running great, good battery life, etc. Then, as mentioned, 3 days ago, *something* happened but I do not know what. I have been adding some of the "BB 25 days of gifts" on the Z30, and I thought maybe something there was causing the problem, but I have not installed any new apps (since maybe 2-3 weeks ago) on my Z10.

I do not use my devices for Facebook, Twitter, or any social apps. My Z30 has my corporate/BES mail account plus Hotmail and Gmail. My Z10, just my corporate/BES mail account

I also have a Q10 with 10.2.1.1055, but no SIM, just WiFi. It has yet to experience this issue, but has no mail accounts or social apps in use. Just downloading a bunch of games/apps.

I also downloaded Data Usage Counter, just to see if there was some data sneaking in or out, but none that it is indicating.

I also turned off WiFi and mobile network to see if the devices would calm down, but no luck there either.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on - as mentioned, these devices have been up and running for 3-4 weeks... if anybody has some thoughts out there, I am all ears (and I'm going on vacation in 3 days, and desperately need the battery life, although I'll have my trusty Anker 10,000 mAh charger...).

Edit: In checking Device Monitor, Battery usage over the last 48 hours, "PIM Services" has consumed 184% of battery life on the Z30 and 169% of battery life on the Z10. What the hell!
    12-13-13 07:24 PM
    Hey guys it's a leak, there can be lots of bugs. Also if backed up from link that could be your problem. Did you do a wipe after your install if so I think in the thread they said that it causes problems. You should have done the wipe prior to install.
    I went back to 1809 and it's rock solid.

Posted on my Z30
    12-13-13 08:12 PM
    Yeah, I understand about the leak, but going for almost a month of rock solid stable to high CPU/battery of PIM Services, it's just weird, and I wanted to throw my experience out there, since I see others are having the same problem. I never restore from backup. I used to do a wipe after doing leaks, but it seemed more like voodoo hand waving with no solid evidence/links that it actually does anything, other than what appears to be anecdotal evidence. I'm the first to admit I could be wrong, but would be nice to see something official lol.

That said, on my Z10, I just removed my one and only account (Exchange/BES), and PIM Services is more or less non-existent, but System still at 20-40%.

I'll take you up on that offer to wipe it and see where that gets me.... thankfully my Q10 is staying stable, since I'm giving it as a gift :-)

I'll report back :-)
    12-13-13 08:26 PM
    Yeah, I understand about the leak, but going for almost a month of rock solid stable to high CPU/battery of PIM Services, it's just weird, and I wanted to throw my experience out there, since I see others are having the same problem. I never restore from backup. I used to do a wipe after doing leaks, but it seemed more like voodoo hand waving with no solid evidence/links that it actually does anything, other than what appears to be anecdotal evidence. I'm the first to admit I could be wrong, but would be nice to see something official lol.

That said, on my Z10, I just removed my one and only account (Exchange/BES), and PIM Services is more or less non-existent, but System still at 20-40%.

I'll take you up on that offer to wipe it and see where that gets me.... thankfully my Q10 is staying stable, since I'm giving it as a gift :-)

I'll report back :-)
    Honestly I would think that in the back ground blackberry is doing things and testing ,changing things, for all the dev devices out there and it probably effects our devices because we are on the same os.
    Paranoid maybe but hey I'm sure there is things that they can do to tweak the os over the air with out us knowing.

Posted from my Z30
    12-13-13 09:09 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Z10. And like you it seemed to start just 2-3 days ago. Before that I only saw a major drain when playing Candy crush saga that I direct loaded the apk

When the drain is happening I would say it's about 1% every minute or 2.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:28 PM
    I am happy to report that after the all night PIM activity, at least until the time I was awake, this morning is back to normal. PIM is silence, Z30 is ice cold and battery on full swing! So things do return to normal operation eventually and no swipe and reinstall are needed. Hope this works for everyone so we can all enjoy the incredible performance of our devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:07 AM
    That is good news! Unfortunately, I've already initialized my Exchange account deletion on my Z30. Just so weird that it happened on both my Z10 and Z30. After a wipe and reinstall on my Z10, it's back to normal after a couple of hours. Guess I'm carrying both devices tonight just in case!

I am happy to report that after the all night PIM activity, at least until the time I was awake, this morning is back to normal. PIM is silence, Z30 is ice cold and battery on full swing! So things do return to normal operation eventually and no swipe and reinstall are needed. Hope this works for everyone so we can all enjoy the incredible performance of our devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:05 AM
    PIM services back at 49%+. Does anyone know the final release date for 1055?? Should I just re format and roll back??

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:00 AM
    This was happening to me as well. I deleted my work active exchange app.
    Deleted my Gmail account, then added then again.
    Also deleted some android apps. Eventually it calmed down, and everything is fine now.
    I am running 10.2.1.1055.

Also every time you reinstall it will go through 2-3 days of "calibration". So it takes a while to see if it is actually "fixed"

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 01:48 PM
    Well the system is back to normal after full day of hyper activity. Lets see how many days this lasts. No android apps installed yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 03:22 PM
    It happens to me on an active sync account that is being managed by z-push zarafa. It's irritating and its random. Some days I don't see it and some days it happens several times. Rebooting does not work. I think that either our firewall or z-push is causing it.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:56 PM
    Every time any of the existing apps are updated the PIM goes haywire.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:00 AM
    Not the same case with me even after restart. I just did a swipe and re installed the OS for the third time. So far things are back to normal with excellent battery life and PIM working normal with PIM services on idle. Lets see how long this remains the case.

BTW what is the latest and last Z30 OS pre 10.2.1?

Posted via CB10
    10.2.0.1809. Rock solid!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:14 AM
    Same for me:

Z30STA100-3/10.2.0.1809

Posted from my Z30...
    12-18-13 06:13 AM
    PIM back on overdrive since yesterday. Heavy battery drain. Could this be due to 1055 leak? It's difficult to predict when I can get a 20+ hours battery life and when only 8 hours!!!! Pretty messed up OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:56 PM
    Another huge disappointment with BlackBerry!!! After finally producing a device Z30 with decent battery life its now let down by the crappy PIM Services. No idea what triggers this or how to stop the damn thing but it drains the batter out fully and doesn't even stop after a restart or reset. From a 20+ hours to 8 hours max. I am getting really tired of trying BlackBerry solutions. If it's not the hardware its the software.When will BlackBerry get the whole thing right???????

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the prompt reply. This has been going on for months. I have SS'd the entire device three times and done a fresh re install without restore all the time. At first I had three email accounts configured; hotmail, Gmail and work account which is hosted by MS Office 365. When this problem because a pain I deleted the hotmail and Gmail. Then two weeks back I reconfigured the Gmail again. During that time there was PIM activity but never for days on end. These are besides the LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook account configured in the device. To cut the long story short if the Z30 cannot handle a Gmail account they should shut down their software division. I have never had this problem with other devices including the Z10 which has less than half the battery capacity of the Z30. It's really annoying carrying the charger everywhere knowing that your latest device can run out of juice anytime. Certainly a very unreliable system or perhaps it's the leaks that I need to stay away from? But no one else has reported PIM issues? What do you suggest? BTW wishing everyone a great 2014 and hoping that BlackBerry is able to get their act together under the new leadership FAST!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:36 PM
    Have you tried going back to a stock OS yet?
    12-23-13 01:10 PM
82 123 ...