After deleting a picture or video it disappears from my gallery but it comes back shortly. When I click on it after coming back, it says it can't be located or when I re-delete it shows an error ( this obviously means it has been deleted) . But why does it come back?

Posted with my awesome Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    12-15-16 08:53 PM
    Are you saving them on your SD card? Sometimes if your SD card is slow it'll show them cached.
    12-15-16 09:12 PM
    Yes i'm saving on SD card. OK you are saying it'd eventually disappear?

12-16-16 04:38 AM
    Probably, you have a cache that is bugged or corrupted.
    The media apps do not actually have direct access to the files, they work off a cache "snap shot" of what is written on the device memory and SD card.
    When you modify a file, as in delete it, the cache is supposed to get updated to reflect the file is gone and it no longer shows up as a ghost file in the apps.
    However, when the cache get corrupted, it doesn't sync properly and will result in the symptoms you are describing.
    To fix a buggy app or corrupted cache, you can perform a Soft Reset:
    1. Press and Hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time, you will know you pressed them at the same time as you will see a Screen Shot notice appear.
    2. Hold for 10 seconds, then release.
    3. The screen shot notice will appear, the screen will shortly turn off, the word "BlackBerry" will appear on the screen, and then the device will restart.

After five minutes, see if the media apps are now no longer showing deleted files.

A Soft Reset is the same as a Hard Reset aka Battery Pull for a non-removable battery BlackBerry device.
    What this does is deletes all caches and clears running memory.
    It shuts down all background apps and services and then power cycles the device. It does not delete any files, contacts, apps, settings, or messages. It generally fixes any corrupted caches or buggy apps.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after a Hard/Soft Reset, as the system is working hard rebuilding caches and restarting background apps and services. So, it's best to just let it sit for five minutes after it has restarted before continuing to trouble shoot.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 12-16-16 at 01:30 PM.
    12-16-16 06:58 AM
    Thanks for the response. Will get back to you

12-16-16 10:46 AM