I've used link to sync my photos and videos where they appear in a folder on my pc. If I wipe the device, SD card, and then reload, will the photos and videos stay in that synced folder on my pc? I would like to wipe my device and start over with a non OTA install of 10.3 for my Z30.

Another question about link. Why isn't there a document folder which syncs from the phone to pc? I have photo, music and video but no docs seem to sync. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:15 AM
    I've used link to sync my photos and videos where they appear in a folder on my pc. If I wipe the device, SD card, and then reload, will the photos and videos stay in that synced folder on my pc? I would like to wipe my device and start over with a non OTA install of 10.3 for my Z30.

Another question about link. Why isn't there a document folder which syncs from the phone to pc? I have photo, music and video but no docs seem to sync. Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Your question is the number one reason why I don't use Sync functions like that. Will Link think you purposely deleted all of those photos and follow suit on the "backup or synced" version, thereby deleting them on your computer? If anything before you test that premise, I'd make a second copy of all those files on your computer. Then you can test how Link treats things. If it merely moves stuff back to your phone (sync) then you know how it works and you can erase/delete that secondary backup. I do "sync" myself by doing MANUAL copying and moving stuff. It does lead to a bit too much redundancy but I prefer too many files to NO or too few files.

I've run into sync issues in the past. I thought that my Verizon Contact backup would restore one neat copy to my phone. So I deleted my phone contacts, ran the Verizon and it did indeed sync. It erased its copies to mirror my now empty phone contacts. They all disappeared. Similarly, I tried using Media Monkey to create a sync between my phone and its database. A total screwup.

In summary, I remain a cynical person who thinks sync needs a lot of work.

I will admit that the part of BBLink that I liked was syncing with Outlook (not the web site but the Windows Program). You could configure it to sync one way from phone to computer or from computer to phone or sync both ways. It would show conflicts and allow resolution. But unfortunately it does not work with Outlook 2013, the version on my new computer.
    Vanillagorilla01 likes this.
    03-30-15 11:55 AM