Hi Crackberry,
    I was wondering if anyone had a Z30 from verizon with wireless charging that would be willing to take a couple pics of the inside of the back cover and the inside back of the phone (where the sticker with the screen size, usb and hdmi labeling is)?
    Thanks!
    12-30-15 08:53 AM
    I took this when I replaced the battery in my Verizon Z30:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...ll-qnt19ma.jpg
    The QI antenna is the yellow/white rectangle with the black coating on most of it in the mid frame to the right of the battery. It has two ribbon connections that the main board attaches too.

The QI antenna is attached to the mid frame and that mid frame is made different from the other Z30 models, the two sets of connections from it connect plug into the main board.
    The main board is also different from the other Z30 models, along with the display frame.
    None of the "large parts' interchange with the other Z30 models, except the battery, so moving a non-Verizon main board into a Verizon mid frame wont work.
    I also couldn't see a way of removing the QI antenna without destroying it, plus it wouldn't line up on the non-Verizon main board anyway.
    12-30-15 08:56 AM
    That's really frustrating. What prompted me to investigate is an odd "blank" on the non-verizon model where your QI charging loop goes to. it has two metal contact pads that seem to serve no purpose and attach to pins on the main board. I was hoping that in the name of efficiency at the factory all they changed was the backing plate to not have the charge coil but instead a blank in its place. I really wish they hadn't locked down QI to verizon only, I am in Canada so effectively QI is not available at all. Thanks for the pic though.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-30-15 09:12 AM