I agree some people don't care about the specs but the majority cares even if they don't know how does those even works. BlackBerry is no longer the ruler of the smartphone world but still it's competitors are Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, LG. Apple runs on their name and Samsung on their specs(despite they have all approximately same designs for S3, S4,Grand,Mega). I am not saying to beat them all but rather atleast stay neck to neck. We at CB are minor not major.
    mnc76 likes this.
    07-16-13 01:07 AM
    Rather than asking them to include OCTAcore CPU GPU 64GB RAM and 1080p screen, have them dedicate the resources to optimizing BlackBerry 10 so maybe we can see PlayBook finally getting the update they deserve.

Seriously, my Z10 flows just fine, pretty much 60 fps all the time. I'd rather have a flawless experience than a laggy experience, thanks

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Work on BB10? Sure. For the 2-year old PB? No. Make it the best damn OS there is when A10 drops and get people talking about the fancy features, to try to attract the millions of non-Playbook users rather than make the 2 million Playbook users happy.

My opinion
    agp101 and SDTRMG like this.
    07-16-13 01:18 AM
    I think we need to understand that we're not getting a high-spec phone here. It just isn't happening.

With a much bigger battery, a lower-power display, and a further optimized OS we should see some excellent battery life and graphics performance in a bigger format that will be great for media.

Let's find what positives we can and keep moving.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    SDTRMG and Mohammed Zakaria1 like this.
    07-16-13 01:19 AM
    Work on BB10? Sure. For the 2-year old PB? No. Make it the best damn OS there is when A10 drops and get people talking about the fancy features, to try to attract the millions of non-Playbook users rather than make the 2 million Playbook users happy.

My opinion
    Have them optimize the OS so they can release cheaper devices with lower specs without compromising experience, that'd be a good start to get people to experience what this BlackBerry 10 CrackBerry is talking about

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 03:49 AM
    yes i agree it needs to be spec based on this one and needs the wank factor ... wont make any difference to me tho im selling my z10 and buying a q10
    07-16-13 04:02 AM
    I agree, and marketing has a big thing to do with it, there marketing is garbage. Samsung, and Microsoft have seen and learnt from apples marketing. As someone said in another thread bb is a damaged brand and they need to change people's prospective on the brand. Wasting money on unneeded specs won't do that.

Promoting that bb does this better then the iPhone, or can do things the iPhone can't can help. I agree with what your saying.

The average consumer doesn't know the difference between CPU, gpu, ppi, quad core, etc? If that was the case apple wouldn't sell phones and neither would low spend android device be selling by the millions. Apple, Microsoft, Google and Blackberry know this which why they aren't in the spec race, there in the experience race.

I gotta say this is my last post though as I have to leave, but I've expressed my opinion on the matter as others have and I was glad to read others thoughts on the matter. Hope we all end up happy with the a10 In the end
    I agree. They need to get the experience right and the US better have the right experience. It can't come out half baked and as Thorsten would say - we just had to stop developing somewhere so it is what it is. We don't need a 5" Z10 experience, or a 5" playbook experience, we just need a Wow they got this right experience. They need apps ready waiting and willing when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 04:18 AM
    First off, I am going to start by saying I am a BlackBerry fan as it keeps my life organized so I can get things done fast.

I cannot sit and let BlackBerry make any more mistakes. BB10 is a great OS and is only getting better, but if BlackBerry expects to release their top of the line phone with current competitor phone specs or less, that would be a mistake and they need to stop!

The time is now for BlackBerry to release the best phone, not BlackBerry, the Best Phone out in the market! Specs sells and as much as margins are important, I believe that market penetration is even more important. The product needs to state that I am the best spec phone and have the best OS, try me. That is the new BlackBerry that we all want to see.

All, the Z10's were sold on loyal BlackBerry people and word of mouth, the Q10 will sell by the keyboard, the A10 needs to sell on the best specs for now and the future life span of the phone! And the marketing needs to be top notch also.

If you agree with this post, please leave a comment. BlackBerry it is time to go big or go home!

Posted via me on my Z10
    Yeah u're right!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:21 AM
    So throw all the a10 into the sea without even trying to sell it?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:02 AM
    Fully agreed. Something which would help to sell BB10, would be if the A10 would be on top of the list for best battery life in the market. Once BB was on top of the pack, but now you can find Samsung, Motorola and Apple there... thats bad (for BB)

It needs to have some unique selling points for business. Balance is not enough, competitors catching up very quickly....
    07-16-13 06:06 AM
    Specs are what many android fans use to compare phones because the environment sucks!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:46 AM
    The fact of the matter is when Joe bob walks into Verizon to get a new phone and expects to dish out $500 he walks around the store to see what they have to offer. Now when reading the specs on the devices on display and having no real tec knowledge he sees 3 good looking devices and starts to compare them, he sees devices with 16+MP cameras and quad core prossers... now we have a blackberry with mediocre specifications at best example dual cores and 8MP cameras for the same price... now honestly what do you think Joe Bob is going to buy???

Think about it. You and I might know what is the better device and Os but Joe Bob does not. All he sees is how much money he is spending and what all he's getting for it at face value.

If blackberry thinks otherwise they are dead in the water again!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:17 AM
    Honestly who goes to shops now and start comparing specs, they just play around with it and see what it can do for most people. They just play with the OS and the hardware design , and to some extent camera. If the device works flawlessly on release then its fine, it better been lied to that the device have got soecs that it doesn't cos you would not know if not told

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:10 AM
    Also the "best" specs as perceived by consumers may not be the best specs for achieving great performance.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:17 AM
    That's my point

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:18 AM
    Agree!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:19 AM
    100% agree!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:40 AM
    To be perfectly honest.

I've never heard a sales rep boast about quad core or something and get the customer excited

Most probably because the average
    John Smith doesn't know any better about the subject too.

All that an average John Smith wants is a phone that fits his needs. What BlackBerry needs to be is not "the company that pumps out buffed phones", BlackBerry should be "the company that pumps out phones people need".

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    07-16-13 08:53 AM
    I agree with the sentiment of the post! We don't really know what the specs will be yet...I never put stock in unverified leaks of this sort. Lots of interim test devices and such along the path to final product. I will also add that specs alone for the sake of specs divorced from the context of the efficiency and performance of the OS are meaningless. Which is a faster car...the 2.4L FI or the 5.0L NASCAR? Exactly. :-)
    Off point: Please define 'quicker'. Top speed? Acceleration? Cornering speed? Race cars are designed to be 'quickest' on the track which they race. On an oval track, without the restrictor plates, a NASCAR would be faster. An F1 car would make it look silly around Silverstone though with or without the restrictor plate.

On point: It's worth noting that as much as I like my Q10, it appears QNX isn't as efficient as everyone seems to claim. If it is, then why is it that the PB won't run BB10? Or getting away from that argument inducing comment, why is it that the PB, with it's 'efficient OS' and ample horsepower, is not able to run a web browser at decent speeds?
    07-16-13 08:55 AM
    The specs that we were shown are far from bad... only thing I would add is at least a 32gb internal mem.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-16-13 08:59 AM
    Hi all,

Honestly speaking, specs are important to a certain degree but I think that BlackBerry has to engage themselves with brain-wash marketing strategy or so called educate the masses on "OS > SPECS". In terms of spec, we could never be the best.... there will be a point where a tom **** and harry will just burst out with a hextagon core... or whatever tech name it is.....

Again, what I think BlackBerry is lack of is BRAINWASH MARKETING on its features and stuff. I am currently working in the mobile line, and sadly in Malaysia, the brand awareness is lacking and the previous "bad experience = poor sales records for MONTHS" which made dealers or operators lost their interest in the brand.

One example I can think of is LG. This mobile line for LG at my side is considered as dead due to whatever reasons in the past. Even with their new piece of hardware LG Optimus Pro, said to be at par with Samsung S4 or better, and of course cheaper... but the demand for it... is .... ... ... ... ... ... ~~~~~ *low*~~~ . It's like a bad taste left in your mouth.....

Anyhow, I do hope A10 could perform much better than Z10. Please give me a better lens and a 32GB storage!!! I am all in on the Hub, Peek , Flow, Timeshift, Story Maker, Calender, Remember, Keyboard features, but it is high time that BlackBerry needs to give us the next sneak peek on the WOW feature of the OS to make us excited and eagerly anticipate for the next release, right!!!!?<
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-16-13 09:21 AM
    The specs that we were shown are far from bad... only thing I would add is at least a 32gb internal mem.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    yes, 32 gb at least if they want gamers to try out the A10. That just stumps me. Perhaps there's a shortage on memory? Otherwise seems silly to limit it to 16gb.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:24 AM
    So throw all the a10 into the sea without even trying to sell it?

Posted via CB10
    I'm just hoping the OS is pretty damn good and has some surprises. Get people talking about something other than the hardware.
    07-16-13 11:10 AM
    Rather than asking them to include OCTAcore CPU GPU 64GB RAM and 1080p screen, have them dedicate the resources to optimizing BlackBerry 10 so maybe we can see PlayBook finally getting the update they deserve.

Seriously, my Z10 flows just fine, pretty much 60 fps all the time. I'd rather have a flawless experience than a laggy experience, thanks

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Another deluded playbook owner... By the time what you say "might" happen, playbook will be 3 years old already. Just get over it.

Though I agree they have to optimize the OS for FUTURE devices.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-16-13 11:16 AM
    The OS10 as it stands, seems to need a bloody amount of RAM to work fast (enough). Thats why all the new handsets have 2 GB. RIM boosted RAM from 1 GB to 2 GB shortly before they launched the Z10. The PB only have 1 GB and thats not enough for reasonable speed, seems to be a fact. And on tablets the users are likely to use more memory-heavy apps, than on a smartphone. So, even it it sucks, but the PB is just a completely failed product...and now finally dead...

but. we are going off-topic here...
    agp101 likes this.
    07-16-13 11:44 AM
    I'm just hoping the OS is pretty damn good and has some surprises. Get people talking about something other than the hardware.
    Agreed
    If the rumored specs are correct, that is their only option, of which I hope they do succeed!
    I just hope that they please, please seek out true marketing talent and consultants! Or else it will be all for not. Their commercials alone sucks.

Posted via Me on my Z
    07-16-13 11:45 AM
118 12345