Got my z30 3 days ago, had a z10 before. Love the phone, but the only problem I have is that the pause/voice recognition button is way to easy to activate.
    7 times out of 10, when I pick up the phone I end up barely touching the middle rocker and I that activates the voice assistant/sayit app end it's quite embarrassing especially when I'm in class.
    I know the volume rockers on the z30 have some problems (mine are really loose) but I can live with that but the fact that the voice thing gets activated that easily is a big problem.

So I was wondering, is the phone suppose to be like that or is my button defective (I BARELY touch it and it gets activated, and sometimes I get to hit it hard but nothing happens)...never had that problem on my z10, so what gives? It also gets activated when the phone is in my pocket? So should I return the phone and get a new one or just learn to live with it?
    Hope that there's no other thread on that subject, but I've searched before posting and nothing came up. But the search feature on MB (mobile nation for those wondering) apps suck

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:18 AM
    The buttons are sensitive. The slightest dirt, etc... can effect them. I keep a can of compressed air around and gently spray it on the buttons from time to time to keep them in good condition

Also... In setting tap Voice Control and you can turn off "Open with the Mute Key."

I believe you only have two choices: ON or OFF..... or teach yourself another way to handle your device.
    Before you know it it'll become habit and you won't have the existing problem!

That's what I did!

(The Search Feature problem is being worked on!)
    04-13-14 06:04 AM
    Mines the exact same way. When I'm at the gym listening to music I constantly am hitting the middle button it's very annoying. I even Jul have the Otterbox case on mine it's very sensitive.

Posted Via my Z30
    04-13-14 06:42 AM
    Well there IS one other solution!

STOP HITTING THE FREGGIN' BUTTON!
    04-13-14 06:51 AM
    There are already 3 other threads on how sensitive buttons are and especially how easy it is to activate the center button. This is a known issue with Z30 using a case (without button overlay) helps, any case that has button overlays makes matters a bit worse.
    04-13-14 06:19 PM