I put in my password in "Parental Controls" and set controls to on so I could have a different lock screen. Now I can't get back in. I apparently hit the wrong key twice when setting my password.
    Can anyone help me as to how I can reset and/or get back in???

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:53 PM
    I put in my password in "Parental Controls" and set controls to on so I could have a different lock screen. Now I can't get back in. I apparently hit the wrong key twice when setting my password.
    Can anyone help me as to how I can reset and/or get back in???

Posted via CB10
    I'm not aware that you can reset it without getting in first.

Hope you have a backup.

Just try again retracing how you did it in the first place and after a certain number of tries (10?) your phone will be security wiped.

Good luck!
    02-17-14 10:45 PM
    Putting in the wrong password 10 times will do a security wipe and you'll be able to get in after that if you don't mind losing all your data.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:45 PM
    Hi there, I have been using a picture password for quite some time with jo problems. This morning I decided to turn this off so I could use my stop watch and not have to un lock the screen each time. When I went to open my z10 it asked me for a password both numerical and letters. I typed in my old password. Nothing worked not even when it asked me to type in "blackberry" my phone git wiped. Now I am afraid to use a password. My wife uses a numerical password on her phone, and occasionally this just doesn't work. We get to six or seven tries and it asks for us to type in "BlackBerry " this always unlocks it. So it seems as if it can just not recognise a password. Anybody else having these problems? Mark

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:45 AM
    After you get the unlock with typing BlackBerry(which only let's you input the following) you need to enter your original password that you use to use before picture password came out.
    Also maybe plug it in the a pc and run BlackBerry link software which asks you for this same password...I'm just not sure if it counts against the limit of 10 before the security wipe?

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 12:18 PM
    Hi thanks, I had to wipe it! Also for some reason my BlackBerry link just won't update it's software .and for some strange reason even though I backed up when the latest software came out for the z10 it only had a record of a baxk up I did last year. Still I have sorted it out and it took me few hours! Ok I will probably try again with the picture password. Lets see. Mark

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 01:09 PM