Just wondering if OP's issues have been resolved.

If this is an issue with outlook.com, it is not unique to it. Sometime in the fall, my contacts, around 600+ of them, started disappearing until only about a dozen were left. I panicked since this happened to me several times before. When contacts disappeared from my phone, the contacts in my gmail where my phone contacts are synced also disappear. But luckily, they did not. after a restart, my phone contacts started populating again. This was not unique to me as there were also some gmail users in the forums having issues on that day.
    03-27-15 06:08 AM
    Woke up this morning on the same boat. My Outlook contacts are all jacked up! Glad it's not just me!!
    03-27-15 07:27 AM
    All of my outlook.com contacts mysteriously disappeared from my phone yesterday.

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    03-27-15 07:34 AM
    Bizarre! I just went into accounts, edit contact sync options, and found contacts unchecked even though sync contacts was turned on... I checked it and my contacts seem to be loading back.
    I haven't opened accounts since setting up the phone.

03-27-15 08:04 AM
    Bizarre! I just went into accounts, edit contact sync options, and found contacts unchecked even though sync contacts was turned on... I checked it and my contacts seem to be loading back.
    I haven't opened accounts since setting up the phone.

I had done the same only to see my contacts load up then slowly delete all over again.
    03-27-15 08:10 AM
    Outlook.com is having massive problems.

My Z30 lost contacts, as did Outlook 2013 desktop. My Windows8.1 contacts also are gone.
    No news form Outlook.com so I signed up for the cloud exchange (4 bucks per month).

I exported my calender and emails from Outlook.com via Outlook desktop.
    Re-import clander and emails to ***@***onmicrosoft.com.

I restored and old PST backup to the ***@***onmicrosoft.com data file in Outlook desktop, then added the ***@***onmicrosoft.com account to the Balckberry. All is well.

I can't risk NOT having my contact list while on the road. (all +2000 contacts).

Not an option for everyon, but worked for me.
    03-27-15 09:34 AM
    The Contacts App has cause problems for many (but not all) when updates are applied....
    I have a working theory that it's a combination of a bunch of different things that can make contacts go crazy. I think there are definitely bugs in the contacts app itself. It tries to intelligently combine characteristics to make a rich contact card, but I think that can be flawed as it sometimes merges totally unrelated things. it also gets confused with things like suffixes and education designations.

I do think that it extends beyond BlackBerry's contact app though. On my Mac, the contacts app is perpetually breaking apart contacts into duplicates, even after I link them. And I've had fields merge, vanish, disappear and change with this and in Google contacts. All three seem to handle social networking links differently too and I suspect the lack of a common standard is causing issues between them.

In the end, all devices I have sync their contacts through Google and I suspect that as every device does its "thing" to them, I have issues across platform. It's like some bad VD haha.
    03-27-15 09:48 AM
    ^^ agree

It all depends too what we (as users) ask the contacts application to sync.

I had a heck of a time when I migrated to BB10 from a Torch.
    I had duplicates and missing contacts. I cleaned up what I was asking the phone to sync.

Long story short, I only have 1 cloud contact list. I use the Z30 to "Link" the various other sources like LinkedIn and Twitter inside the contacts application.

Seems I had the Windows tablet AND Outlook desktop AND Skype all linking contacts independent of the Z30. Then the Z30 was syncing all the links and duplicates again.

Phew.

Back to the OP,Outlook.com is still have problems. Not resolved yet on MSoft's side. See my post #56 above ... I had to migrate to Exchange. Can't wait for MS and can't risk losing contacts while on the road.
    03-27-15 10:08 AM
    Yesterday my wife's Z30 (10.3.1.[not the latest]) removed all of her Outlook.com contacts from the Contacts App.

Literally, every single contact that was synced with Outlook.com was deleted. Insert wife going into panic mode here and me bearing the brunt of the ensuing storm.

Here's what I did to resolve the situation:

1. Order flowers (okay, that was a joke, but seriously I felt like it);
    2. Went to Outlook.com with her account, logged into "People", selected Manage Contacts, and then hit "Restore";
    3. Apparently according to Outlook.com all of her contacts were deleted;
    4. Hitting the restore button restored all of her contacts to Outlook.com;
    5. Panic less now - cancel flower order;
    6. I then had to revisit the Account Settings on her device, hit "Sync Contacts" and select some radio button that had been deselected;
    7. After a few seconds her Outlook.com contacts started coming back to the device.

Regardless of where the problem originated from - I'm really hoping BlackBerry and Outlook.com come together to find a resolution quickly so this doesn't happen to other people.
    03-27-15 01:02 PM
    Not sure if the issue is the same for your wife and us.

Contacts aren't being deleted on the server. The device can't sync with the Outlook.com server.
    From the Microsoft community forum:
    burma69 replied on March 26, 2015
    See post history Close

It looks like server stops accepting a valid synchronization keys after a few successful batches forcing the client to abort and reset (resulting in wiping all the contacts and retrying to sync)

03-26 22:48:10.085|I|JobSync|-1|Sync config: window[inc: 10,size:8],filter:0,fetch:0,type:1,conflict:1,mime[truncation: 0,support:0],truncation[5,size:10240,html:10240],htmlAllow:true,policy[html:-1,text:-1],lcf:false,lfch:false,forceHtml:false

03-26 22:48:10.020|I|JobSyncProxy|-1|Sync start. [Contacts, ServerId[2:0], SyncKey[100101697FA2D9CF4E0910632A150326T194809.170010101T 000000.000]]

03-26 22:48:10.008|I|Exchange|1|Sync has finished. mailboxId: 7, moreAvailable: true, statusCode: 1, items: 8, syncKey: 100101697FA2D9CF4E0910632A150326T194809.170010101T 000000.000

03-26 22:48:07.220|E|JobSyncProxy|-1|Sync failed... Status: 3 (Invalid synchronization key.)
    03-27-15 01:13 PM
    Outlook.com is having massive problems.

My Z30 lost contacts, as did Outlook 2013 desktop. My Windows8.1 contacts also are gone.
    No news form Outlook.com so I signed up for the cloud exchange (4 bucks per month).

I exported my calender and emails from Outlook.com via Outlook desktop.
    Re-import clander and emails to ***@***onmicrosoft.com.

I restored and old PST backup to the ***@***onmicrosoft.com data file in Outlook desktop, then added the ***@***onmicrosoft.com account to the Balckberry. All is well.

I can't risk NOT having my contact list while on the road. (all +2000 contacts).

Not an option for everyon, but worked for me.
    Thanks for the idea!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 01:46 PM
    The problem was 100% on Microsoft's end and it's been resolved. If anyone is still having trouble, go into the Hub, then overflow button (the three dots bottom right), settings, email accounts and select your Outlook account. Go to edit account, uncheck Sync Contacts and hit Save. Go back in and turn Sync Contacts back on.

Hope this helps anyone still stuck.
    imz likes this.
    03-27-15 02:04 PM
    The problem was 100% on Microsoft's end and it's been resolved. If anyone is still having trouble, go into the Hub, then overflow button (the three dots bottom right), settings, email accounts and select your Outlook account. Go to edit account, uncheck Sync Contacts and hit Save. Go back in and turn Sync Contacts back on.

Still hasn't been fixed for me no matter how many times I've checked/unchecked and hard rebooted...doh
    03-27-15 02:24 PM

Tried this yesterday, didn't work.
    Can confirm, it is now working today as per your instructions.
    03-27-15 02:26 PM
    I've had all my Outlook contacts go missing as well.

To get them back I go into account settings and unsync my Outlook contacts. Save. Wait 10 minutes then go back and select the sync setting back to on.

Usually fixes the first time but sometimes it takes a couple resets. It takes up to 1/2 hour for my contacts to repopulate.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 04:56 PM
    Confirming that all my 1200+ outlook contacts were gone a few minutes ago. :-(
    deleting and adding the account doesn't fix the problem. Clearly a Microsoft problem.

Ironic, I moved from gmail to outlook.com because I thought it was a stronger platform to sync my contacts.

Outlook contacts going crazy since update...-img_20150327_202131.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by macberry33; 03-27-15 at 08:55 PM.
    03-27-15 08:21 PM
    Also my outlook.com contacts shown in Outlook 2013 desktop disappeared.

Then suddenly resync and disappeared again to resync and disappeared again and again. It is a mess.

In Microsoft Answers community there are plenty of posts reporting the problem for different platforms.

and you guessed it right: the Microsoft Answers forum has NO answers to the reports, yet:
    03-27-15 09:13 PM
    Seems fixed. At least my contacts have come back on my Windows 8.1 tablet.

Can't say for a BlackBerry as I migrated to the Exchange cloud service yesterday.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    03-28-15 06:27 AM
    I have emails that go straight to my deleted folder on my phones and laptop using outlook.
    This just started a few weeks ago and really pisses me off and most are internal people from work!
    03-28-15 07:46 AM
    Today, march 28th again my contacts were restored in my phone and in my desktop. Was evidently a Microsoft outlook.com issue
    03-28-15 12:05 PM
70 123