is there anyway to get 10.3 on the Z30

model number: STA100-5, thanks!
    09-30-14 05:24 PM
    You can install a leak. Many guides available If you do a search. But 10.3 is not intended for the z30 so there'll be bugs and issues.

You should wait until 10.3.1 comes out because it'll be available for all devices

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:25 PM
    fair enough, i just wanted to test blackberry blend
    09-30-14 05:28 PM
    Blend won't work. Only the passport and classic have it working.

Posted via CB10
    James Blight likes this.
    09-30-14 05:30 PM
    You can install a leak. Many guides available If you do a search. But 10.3 is not intended for the z30 so there'll be bugs and issues.

You should wait until 10.3.1 comes out because it'll be available for all devices

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-956896/
    09-30-14 05:30 PM
    Yes that's a leak.
    But like the other member said, Blend does a hardware check so it'll only work on the Passport, Classic (along with other devices when 10.3.1 comes out) and the P'9983

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey

First I would recommend you search for Z30 OS 10.3, since there are already several threads on this topic

If you intend to update I recommend this method :

This is a post I posted some where else

For every one planning on updating to 10.3 I would really recommend this method :http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-957892/

I used it myself to update my Z30 and it works perfectly and you don't even loose any data (Music, contacts, Apps). Everything remains on your device since you will be more or less updating how you normally would on a running phone.
    I still recommend you to back your data up, but I didn't even need my Back up

On top of that it's also rather easy to do (I mean I did it ^^), since the video tutorial really helps in my opinion.
    I personally would use this rather than using an autoloader, since you don't loose any data on your phone and I don't see any advantages by using an autoloader ( are there some? If yes pls tell me about them since I'm a noob )

And last : I have to say, that I have not have any y problems / bugs with the new OS on my Z30 everything is perfect!

The. Only thing would be Blend, but I guess we can't do anything about that.
    Awesome = Z30
    09-30-14 05:43 PM
    Hey

First I would recommend you search for Z30 OS 10.3, since there are already several threads on this topic

For every one planning on updating to 10.3 I would really recommend this method :http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-957892/

I used it myself to update my Z30 and it works perfectly and you don't even loose any data (Music, contacts, Apps). Everything remains on your device since you will be more or less updating how you normally would on a running phone.

On top of that it's also rather easy to do (I mean I did it ^^), since the video tutorial really helps in my opinion.
    I personally would use this rather than using an autoloader, since you don't loose any data on your phone and I don't see any advantages by using an autoloader ( are there some? If yes pls tell me about them since I'm a noob )

And last : I have to say, that I have not have any y problems / bugs with the new OS on my Z30 everything is perfect!

Awesome = Z30
    Umm...you quoted the wrong person

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 05:44 PM
    Hey

Awesome = Z30
    so backup, and use that program and everything is easy from there?
    09-30-14 06:07 PM
    so backup, and use that program and everything is easy from there?
    Yes exactly no further steps needed

Awesome = Z30
    09-30-14 11:54 PM
    Umm...you quoted the wrong person

Posted via CB10
    Why? I quoted something helpful in my opinion ^^ what I simply already wrote somewhere else since I'm lazy :P

Awesome = Z30
    09-30-14 11:55 PM
    Why? I quoted something helpful in my opinion ^^ what I simply already wrote somewhere else since I'm lazy :P

Awesome = Z30

hey i got it, used autoloader and loaded it nice!
    B11zzard likes this.
    10-01-14 08:50 AM
    hey i got it, used autoloader and loaded it nice!
    Nice!

Awesome = Z30
    10-01-14 09:06 AM
    I have question on this, since I hate using autoloaders unless there is something wrong with the phone, because I like to retain my settings, emails, apps, etc..
    I tried backup + autoloader + restore once, it was a disaster, most android apps do not restore properly, settings are all over the place and you never know if you are missing something until you need it.

So the question (and concern) is since 10.3 is not meant to be an upgrade, and it seems to be released specifically for Passport & Classic, is it even advisable to do Sachesi upgrade?
    I read through many posts, it's hard to tell if those people who are having problems actually used autoloader or upgraded using Sachesi.

When you guys updated, did you do autoloader? I really love my Z30, not planning to get Passport (just yet) but I really like the 10.3 features especially in email.
    10-01-14 03:12 PM
    I have question on this, since I hate using autoloaders unless there is something wrong with the phone, because I like to retain my settings, emails, apps, etc..
    I tried backup + autoloader + restore once, it was a disaster, most android apps do not restore properly, settings are all over the place and you never know if you are missing something until you need it.

So the question (and concern) is since 10.3 is not meant to be an upgrade, and it seems to be released specifically for Passport & Classic, is it even advisable to do Sachesi upgrade?
    I read through many posts, it's hard to tell if those people who are having problems actually used autoloader or upgraded using Sachesi.

When you guys updated, did you do autoloader? I really love my Z30, not planning to get Passport (just yet) but I really like the 10.3 features especially in email.
    Hey there I just updated like 3 days ago and I didn't use an autoloader but the Sachesi method
    Therefore I didn't have any problems with having to reload a backup and stuff and my Z30 works great with the new OS.
    So no problems there ^^
    Everything is fluent and working / I have no issues at all.
    And It's really nice that all your data remains on your device .
    So I can only recommend doing the update using Sachesi and be happy
    Greetings

Awesome = Z30
    10-01-14 04:03 PM
    I used the autoloader and restored and it was perfect. Android apps were all there. Just had to side load snap again. Haven't looked back.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.0.1154
    10-01-14 11:59 PM
    I used the autoloader and restored and it was perfect. Android apps were all there. Just had to side load snap again. Haven't looked back.

Yeah, but you had to restore right?
    I kinda like the fact you don't have to do that using Sachesi
    Is there any real advantage you get by using an autoloader?

Awesome = Z30
    10-02-14 12:04 AM

Awesome = Z30
    Yes. True. I had to restore and reconnect to BES10 etc. I have only ever done autoloader. It has worked great for me with only two exceptions:

Once, somewhere in the 10.2.1 leak, my backup would not restore to the phone. Had to start fresh.

At 10.3.0.1154 I had encrypted my media card, forgot to unencrypt before autoload. Lost the contents of my SD card.

Otherwise, all leaks that have been released since 10.1 have been great for me (besides known bugs and quirks).

10-02-14 12:14 AM

Awesome = Z30
    I have read reports that the fresh install of an autoload can keep installs cleaner and reduce troubles, but I don't know this first hand.

B11zzard likes this.
    10-02-14 12:16 AM
    fair enough, i just wanted to test blackberry blend
    Blend was the first thing I tried after updating to 10.3.0 and it was pretty clear that it was device dependent from what I saw on my PC. It will be awesome if and when they make it available for other devices.

B11zzard likes this.
    10-02-14 12:17 AM