So has anyone compared the z30 to the new droid turbo?
    Would like to hear opinions. They are around the same price.
    Thanks
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-30-14 08:40 PM
    I think the turbo might win that one from a spec standpoint but ultimately it depends on which OS you prefer and if each app ecosystem is sufficient.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    mundo472 likes this.
    10-30-14 08:48 PM
    My opinion is get the z30. I've not messed with the turbo but using my little DROID is torture. I guess get what you think will work best for you. If you just gotta have all the Google play spy on you stuff then you won't like the z30. Most of the android apps I end up using, which are few, work just fine. I honestly wouldn't trade my z30 for any two droids. I am a new BlackBerry convert from android. I am not a guy that has to have the latest greatest phone all the time, I rarely play games. This z30 is absolutely the smoothest best phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:52 PM
    I too am investigating these two. I think both would be great choices. Probably the biggest choice comes down to the Blackberry vs Android operating system and the capabilities of each. You stated the price was similar, but I am showing approx. $350 unlocked on the Z30 (Amazon) vs. $600 for the Droid Turbo (Verizon no-contract). There is no storage card option on the Droid Turbo, so it is $650 if you want the 64GB version.

I suppose if you are buying for Verizon the price is similar ($500 vs $600). Probably the two best features of the Droid Turbo are the 3900 mA battery which should last 2 days and the 2K resolution screen, which will look great for onscreen content. Another nice feature is the water resistance built into the Droid Turbo, so a little water (rain) doesn't fry your phone. The other cool things are some of the Moto specific features like how you can interact with your phone with just your voice, even from across the room (my wife has these features on the original Moto X and they are great).

All that said, I am still leaning towards the Z30 for the unique things that Blackberry brings to the table.

Update: Just ordered the Z30! Excited. My first BB.
    Last edited by Luther Cale; 10-31-14 at 05:08 PM.
    cdnynot likes this.
    10-30-14 09:09 PM
    I have both and love both my Z30(on TMO) and my Droid Turbo(on Verizon). I love the Z30 due to the integration but I love the Droid Turbo due to the phenominal speed. One of my favourite apps is (News Republic). My Z30 lags when I go from one page to another on that app while the Droid Turbo is incredibly fast. I also still have my BB9900 still active on TMO. I can't help it-I am a hi-tech junkie. lol. I could not help myself-I spotted the Droid turbo at Verizon and just plain fell in love with it. I have the Ballistic Nylon back (super comfortable in hand and non slippery) as well as the 64 Gb option. Vz gave me a deal I could not resist so I got it for $149 on contract with $50/month (plus taxes of course) for 2 years. Of course the drawback on the Turbo is -no Hub and integration is not as good as blackberry Z30. So, I carry both (actually 3 phones) with me at all times. Of course the 21 Megpixel camera on the Turbo is supposed to be great although I have not yet fully explored all the possibilities on the Turbo's camera or other goodies. If I had to do it all over again, I would still get the Z30 and the Droid Turbo both!
    11-01-14 07:10 AM
    Droid turbo is so much better than z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016
    11-01-14 07:27 AM
    Z30 is kinda dated compared to the DROID Turbo...but with the upcoming 10.3 OS I hope it'll give the ol'Z a refreshing makeover..

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:34 AM
    Just looked up the phone, seems like a great android device. I am still partial to the whole BlackBerry experience for the hub and security... I'm sure if you could carry both you'd be happy for many reasons.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    11-03-14 01:09 PM
    One in each hand. LOL
    I am going to try the Z30

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:18 PM
    299 at shop BlackBerry for the z30

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:02 PM
    One in each hand. LOL
    I am going to try the Z30

Posted via CB10
    Did you get the Z30 yet?

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    11-17-14 12:53 PM
    I "ran" the Turbo at the Verizon store. They have a great deal if I were to trade in my Z30. But the Android OS is "a mess" - I would really miss the hub. And the Turbo's 21 megapixel camera doesn't have stabilization. The Turbo's selling point is long battery life - but I have absolutely no battery life issues with my Z30. And parting with my Z30 when apparently there are no more available from Verizon could wind up being very regrettable. I think the Z30 is a superior phone and just wish BB would have marketed it before it was released - a few side-by-side comparisons to iphones and androids would to the trick
    Chris Chin likes this.
    11-17-14 01:01 PM
    I have both and love both my Z30(on TMO) and my Droid Turbo(on Verizon). I love the Z30 due to the integration but I love the Droid Turbo due to the phenominal speed. One of my favourite apps is (News Republic). My Z30 lags when I go from one page to another on that app while the Droid Turbo is incredibly fast. I also still have my BB9900 still active on TMO. I can't help it-I am a hi-tech junkie. lol. I could not help myself-I spotted the Droid turbo at Verizon and just plain fell in love with it. I have the Ballistic Nylon back (super comfortable in hand and non slippery) as well as the 64 Gb option. Vz gave me a deal I could not resist so I got it for $149 on contract with $50/month (plus taxes of course) for 2 years. Of course the drawback on the Turbo is -no Hub and integration is not as good as blackberry Z30. So, I carry both (actually 3 phones) with me at all times. Of course the 21 Megpixel camera on the Turbo is supposed to be great although I have not yet fully explored all the possibilities on the Turbo's camera or other goodies. If I had to do it all over again, I would still get the Z30 and the Droid Turbo both!
    Which one gets the best call reception on a weak signal? Also, which one has better call quality, on the earpiece and on the speaker?

thanks-
    11-28-14 07:18 PM
    Seconded this!

If only Droid Turbo can root with BB10 OS..

Transmitted from my ? Z30
    12-03-14 03:17 AM
    Droid turbo is a great phone, but the Z30 is just awesome for a BB

You will love the Z30 at the great price you can pick them for right now

But best thing to do is go to a best buy and try both phones yourself

Good luck!
    cdnynot likes this.
    12-04-14 02:13 AM
    BlackBerrySourceCode is right...
    They are both great phones.
    It's a matter if preference, I would play with both and see which one works best for you.

I personally am enjoying my new Z30 phone. I had the Z10 for the last 22 months and loved the BB10 experience. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for work, and it is a nice phone... but there is something about the bigger form factor and the Z30 is just nice a snappy machine.

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    12-04-14 02:28 AM
    I got the Turbo and took it back.

Z30 so much better. The Turbo's 21 mp camera is good indoors but doesn't to as well as the Z30 for scenery (which is what I need).

No Hub, no real multi-tasking, hard-to-read and wierd arrays. But if you are into games and videos (which I am not) the speed may make a difference.

Z30 for me
    12-04-14 02:33 PM