I couldn't find a post on this new phone so I'm sharing this with everyone. I wish the Z30 had these specs! The price for the 64GB model is amazing too.

OnePlus One officially announced and it's a '2014 Flagship Killer' | MobileSyrup.com

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:24 PM
    Here's the article:
    OnePlus One officially announced and it’s a ’2014 Flagship Killer’

News April 23, 2014 5:26 am EDT Ian Hardy

After the plethora of leaked images and specs, the OnePlus One has officially been unveiled. This runs a ‘special version’ of CyanogenMod OS, based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and is targeting Nexus enthusiasts with its specs and low price point.

‘Never Settle’ is the tag line and the LTE-enabled OnePlus One specs are impressive with a 5.5-inch 1080p display (Gorilla Glass 3), 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, 13MP Sony Exmor sensor (f/2.0, flash, and 4K video), 5MP front-facing camera, JBL-designed stereo speakers and 3100mAh non-removable battery. Overall dimensions are 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm with a weight of 162 grams. The ‘StyleSwap’ exchangeable back covers will eventually be available and come in several options (wood, kevlar, bamboo and denim), which is similar to MotoMaker for the MotoX.

The unlocked OnePlus One will ship to Canadians sometime mid-May through the US site, but will also be heading to the UK, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Taiwan. This is impressive considering it’s in start-up mode.

As for the price point, the 16GB Silk White version is priced at $299 (USD) and skips right past a 32GB model and opts for a 64GB in Sandstone Black that will be $349. To score one you’ll have to receive an invitation from OnePlus via their social channels, or from someone who has already managed a way to purchase one. The company also has a ‘Smash The Past’ program starting April 25th where they will be giving 100 people a OnePlus One for a buck if they smash their current device into pieces.

Finally, OnePlus notes that the ’2014 Flagship Killer’ will receive updates for at least 2 years.

04-24-14 05:38 PM
    Looks interesting, for sure!

I'd say from sounds of article, low availability will prevent this from actually having any discernible effect on sales of other devices. But this company could be a threat down the road if they get off to a successful start.
    04-24-14 05:40 PM
    These are the kind of things BB needs to do or work on. Even if it is not needed, this phone comes with 3GB of ram. You have to put out something totally different or radical then anything else that is out there, and hope that people will bite and help a product become a success. Go all out without adding stupid little features that are more of a gimmick then anything, but this is definitely something that BB needs to do. This, coupled with a killer O/S that keeps getting better and better with each update, and then we may seriously have something!

Soon enough, 3GB of ram will be the standard, and if BB does not release a flagship until next year, and then it launches with 3GB, or something else that all of the other platforms already are including, that alone, will put BB only on par with everything else that is out there. Does not necessarily have to be the ram issue, but I am just using that as an example. They need to do something BEFORE everyone else gets a hold of it, and keep it on the down low for as close to release date as possible so everyone else doesn't release a phone with the exact same thing
    04-24-14 06:39 PM
    " The company also has a ‘Smash The Past’ program starting April 25th where they will be giving 100 people a OnePlus One for a buck if they smash their current device into pieces. "

I can just see social media having a field day with this. How many people fell for the iPhone is waterproof spoof?

iOS 7: users destroy iPhones after fake waterproof advert - Telegraph
    04-24-14 06:40 PM
    I dont know I think the hardware design is pretty forgettable. If I was going android id got Z2 but thats just me...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:43 PM
    Who's manufacturing these phones for them?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:02 PM
    Holy Sh## this phone is beast...Awesome specs...definitely will lure Nexus and Samsung crowd.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:45 PM
    I have absolutely no interest in Android phones and Google. Won't use Gmail and Facebook gives me the creeps. Way too invasive. So I couldn't care less about their specs. Personal taste that's all. Others may be interested though.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-24-14 07:56 PM
    Decent specs. Unless os
    04-24-14 09:12 PM
    Credit where credit's due, this phone looks like a hell of a bargain. In fact, I might just have to smash my Nexus 4 for one of these
    04-24-14 11:17 PM
    i'll smash my broken 9810... on second thought that would look bad on BlackBerry which I didn't want to do... my LG Optimus then!

EDIT no, my dead Nexus S! That'll be the one!
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 04-26-14 at 11:09 PM.
    gokulesh likes this.
    04-24-14 11:24 PM
    Looks amazing, finally a phone to trade up to from my q10. Have been so disappointed and let down by the q10 but wanted to wait for a really great phone to move to, this looks like it ticks all boxes. After this move, I very much doubt I'll be back with BlackBerry ever unless they massively massively improve their software or join forces with someone who can, like Google.
    No other phone has ever let me down as often as the q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 05:12 AM
    Looks amazing, finally a phone to trade up to from my q10. Have been so disappointed and let down by the q10 but wanted to wait for a really great phone to move to, this looks like it ticks all boxes. After this move, I very much doubt I'll be back with BlackBerry ever unless they massively massively improve their software or join forces with someone who can, like Google.
    No other phone has ever let me down as often as the q10.

Posted via CB10
    Exacctly my thoughts!
    (double C there because of the ****ty Q10 keyboard)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 07:57 AM
    Decent specs. Unless os
    Cyanogenmod is far from useless.

I'm switching to this once they go public.
    04-25-14 09:39 AM
    Yup may consider replacing my nexus 5 with this.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:18 AM
    Now that's a phone! :O

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:24 AM
    Hub, Active Frame Screen, BlackBerry Logo, LED Notification, SD Card, USB OTG.

While Android might be the windows of the phone world right now, it's OS looks patched together and very unorganized. The app tray idea doesn't work for me anymore, either does downloading an app for everything the phone should do right out of the box.

Not to mention every android app I use that's free has 4t5895789759834 ads that come with it.

Cyanogenmod is far from useless.

I'm switching to this once they go public.
    04-25-14 11:48 AM
    Biggest problem related to this phone is Cianogenmod itself. While at firs CM runs great after installation it gets buggier as days are passing to the point where it gets useless. I know that lots of people likes CM I always had bad experience with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:02 PM
    I'm curious to the point that I hope someone I know buys this phone. The specs are fantastic for the price and I wish the next big screen Z would be as good if not better. We all know BB10 is the best OS out there.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:02 PM
    Hub, Active Frame Screen, BlackBerry Logo, LED Notification, SD Card, USB OTG.

While Android might be the windows of the phone world right now, it's OS looks patched together and very unorganized. The app tray idea doesn't work for me anymore, either does downloading an app for everything the phone should do right out of the box.

Not to mention every android app I use that's free has 4t5895789759834 ads that come with it.
    I'm not going to argue but you obviously haven't used Cyanogenmod before.
    Raddin likes this.
    04-25-14 07:00 PM
    Having run CyanogenMod on my Nexus in the past, I can safely say it's a damn good OS. It's not your typical custom ROM, it's extremely well thought-out. The only drawback I suppose, which is one you'll encounter with virtually every Android device this side of a Nexus anyhow, is that it's usually late to the Android update party - although not nearly as late as manufacturers like Samsung that have to go through the hoops of carrier approval. I still prefer BlackBerry 10 personally, but to dismiss CyanogenMod as a useless OS is pretty naive. It's a very solid OS in its own right.
    04-25-14 07:08 PM

That's strange. Your Android apps have ads in them? Mine don't. In fact, my Android devices never display any ads at all. You should install the Android app called AdAway. It makes pretty much all ads, including ads in apps, browsers and YouTube videos non-existent. The only ads it can't block are audio ads like what you'll get with Pandora. But if it is a text or picture ad, AdAway will kill it for ya before you even get a chance to see it.

BlackBerry 10 can run Android apps right? So might as well run one of the very best Android apps.
    04-25-14 07:36 PM
    That's strange. Your Android apps have ads in them? Mine don't. In fact, my Android devices never display any ads at all. You should install the Android app called AdAway. It makes pretty much all ads, including ads in apps, browsers and YouTube videos non-existent. The only ads it can't block are audio ads like what you'll get with Pandora. But if it is a text or picture ad, AdAway will kill it for ya before you even get a chance to see it.

BlackBerry 10 can run Android apps right? So might as well run one of the very best Android apps.

I love how you completely left out the fact that you need to be rooted for it to work.

also:

"Ads are not blocked when on mobile data connection!

AdAway will not work reliable when on Mobile Networks like 3G. You can deactivate that proxy by going to your selected APN (On Android 4: Wireless and networks -> More� -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names) and remove the value in the proxy field."
    04-25-14 07:54 PM
    I love how you completely left out the fact that you need to be rooted for it to work.

also:

"Ads are not blocked when on mobile data connection!

AdAway will not work reliable when on Mobile Networks like 3G. You can deactivate that proxy by going to your selected APN (On Android 4: Wireless and networks -> More� -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names) and remove the value in the proxy field."
    Again, still doesn't know how Cyanogenmod works.

I know we all love blackberry. I know I do, but please, educate yourselves!
    04-25-14 07:55 PM
34 12