hi ok ive never in my life been so frustrated and unhappy, brought the phone 2nd hand did the sideload bb10 downloaded facebook messenger..... installed wont open..... WhatsApp works from the bb.world and after everything else wont open, ive clicked the link and pressed the restore button all it says is update so I do that and if I press it it after its restarted it again says update but it should be updated right......'

anyway any ideas what the heck has gone wrong....only nothing working viber, meshare facebook messenger I'm regretting the 90 quid pay out xxxxx
    12-09-16 01:12 PM
    You dont need facebook, use BBM

 Pr1ngle
    12-09-16 01:48 PM
    no one I know is on bbm
    no one I know will install it either what about the other non working apps
    12-09-16 02:01 PM
    You need to write a bit more clearly, not sure if English is your first language or not but it's a bit nonsensical.

Key information we need: what version of the OS are you on?

For now, until you get this sorted, use the browser to access facebook messages.
    12-09-16 05:57 PM
    im never very good at explaning.... im on 10.3.2 something turned phone off. I have tried installing me share it loads but when I go to sign in says internet failed. Viber was given to me someone patched it installs wont open or work no one I know is on BBM
    12-09-16 06:21 PM
    the other thing I tried was going to the link software and press preferences and click reload and when I click that it says update to 10.3.2886 I think so I say OK I do that then if I load it again straight after installing the update it will say update again not sure if something is blocking my connection or if phone is faulty have no clue. sorry my writing is all over the place,
    12-09-16 06:30 PM
    Where did you purchase your 2nd hand phone? From what you have posted, it looks like it may well be faulty.

Try to get a refund because all your experiencing ain't cosha.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    12-09-16 09:26 PM
    I use Faceslim....works great!
    12-09-16 09:50 PM
    Sounds like you wouldve been better off going for a DTEK50. Wouldve been better off accessing the Play Store for all those apps since they seem so key to you.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    12-09-16 09:58 PM
    hi ok ive never in my life been so frustrated and unhappy, brought the phone 2nd hand did the sideload bb10 downloaded facebook messenger..... installed wont open..... WhatsApp works from the bb.world and after everything else wont open, ive clicked the link and pressed the restore button all it says is update so I do that and if I press it it after its restarted it again says update but it should be updated right......'

anyway any ideas what the heck has gone wrong....only nothing working viber, meshare facebook messenger I'm regretting the 90 quid pay out xxxxx
    What's wrong is that you bought a BB10 device. For your app needs, get a DTEK or Priv.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-10-16 12:17 AM

BB10 is actually not for everyone who needs apps, since the platform is even deserted by BlackBerry. That is also the reason why the devices are getting cheap now. My last 2ct : sell your Z30, and buy a DTEK if you still want a BlackBerry device and all kinds of apps you need.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-10-16 01:01 AM
    thanks everyone i just assumed all apps would work didnt think much about it, they wont take it back as they sad its not faulty just not the app i wanted, i said what bout when i go to reload it the software says upate and i do update but when hook it up again says same thing so never buying from cex again.my os says 10.3.2876 so it must of updated but not sure why it keeps asking to me update it when i press reload

sorry im a pain x
    Last edited by allysisa; 12-10-16 at 03:01 AM.
    12-10-16 02:46 AM
    You shouldn't buy or use bb10, ever. You should definitely get a refund or sell the phone and get an android blackberry, or simply something else, but not bb10. Bb10 is dead

Posted via Passport SE
    12-10-16 04:59 AM
    Yes, I agree. If you want to use Android apps use an Android phone. If you like BlackBerry you can get something from their Dtek line but any Android phone will essentially do.

If someone already has a BB10 phone and they are ok with the lack of functionality and the hindrances that it comes with, fine. But I would never in good conscious recommend a BB10 phone at this stage in its short lived life. It's virtually End of Life. Don't expect anymore meaningful updates or added functionality to it. 10.3.3 is a prime example.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 07:10 AM
    You shouldn't buy or use bb10, ever. You should definitely get a refund or sell the phone and get an android blackberry, or simply something else, but not bb10. Bb10 is dead

Posted via Passport SE
    That's a pretty ridiculous statement. If you need a good quality phone, that's built really well, and you just want an excellent hub, excellent sound, and the ability to add some apps but you are not reliant on any specific apps, than the z30 is an excellent phone.

I have had mine for more than two years, it's not perfect. But, I have Netflix, Google play store, a great Radio app, FM Radio., Bluetooth worked to connect with all my rental cars, with my own car, with my speakers.

If you want to future proof, sure, get a DTek, but if you can find a Z30 for a 100 or 200 bucks, I think you are still getting a good phone.

Posted via CB10
    Hazo and matthewkuhl like this.
    12-10-16 08:08 AM
    Try searching the forums for information on running an autoloader. Sounds like you're having a bit of software issue that could potentially be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 08:12 AM
    thanks alot what is an autoloader and how would I put it in the phone please x
    12-10-16 10:40 AM

Posted via Passport SE
    Wow... that is a little over the top dramatic. If you don't need specific third party apps, BlackBerry 10 is a great functional operating system.

Via z30

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 07:49 PM
    This version of facebook messenger works very well. Facebook Messenger 25.0.0.17.14 (arm) (480-640dpi) (Android 4.0+) APK Download by Facebook - APKMirror
    FaceSlim in blackberry world is another app that does what it's supposed to as well. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Can't speak on Viber as I've only installed it and never actually used it because it required a phone number.

Navefree is an excellent offline mapping app with turn by turn navigation.
    12-11-16 07:48 AM
    This version of facebook messenger works very well. Facebook Messenger 25.0.0.17.14 (arm) (480-640dpi) (Android 4.0+) APK Download by Facebook - APKMirror
    FaceSlim in blackberry world is another app that does what it's supposed to as well. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Can't speak on Viber as I've only installed it and never actually used it because it required a phone number.

Navefree is an excellent offline mapping app with turn by turn navigation.
    12-11-16 07:48 AM
    thanks alot what is an autoloader and how would I put it in the phone please x
    See here for instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12696735 and here for Thurask's repository/archive: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/ . However, judging by your app needs it sounds like you should probably get an iPhone or android phone. There are workarounds for the apps you want, but they could be a bit challenging. Good luck!
    12-11-16 09:50 AM
    hi thanks i got both, but i liked my blackberry before but thought they did more these days cheers for the advice x #
    12-11-16 05:43 PM