I've come to understand that a perfect phone or OS is a fantasy....
    kbz1960, anon(9188202) and FF22 like this.
    02-24-15 10:19 AM
    At least Waze works for me.

You have uninstall it first and delete all files from where it saves config.

Be patient, when it starts for the first time it has a bit slow reaction on clicks.
    02-24-15 10:41 AM
    John Crist, "Well said" I am sitting here patiently waiting for my turn to update my '30 on Telus. Am still on 10.2.1, but, as I said before patiently. And if I am unlucky and there is a malfunction, I know there will be help coming,if not from BlackBerry then from you guys that read and live these posts. BlackBerry, a great phone.

Rick, Z30
    02-24-15 11:07 AM
    Everything was working good on 10.2.1 version of the OS.

After yesterday's OTA update to the official 10.3.1, some crucial Android apps which were downloaded from Snap, since BlackBerry app environment is a disastre, don't work anymore. Tried reboot, reinstall, with no avail.

These apps are crucial for me being food delivery service (FoodPanda), mobile banking app and Waze (the one in BlackBerry World is ancient, hasn't been updated in almost a year and was very glitchy).

Also, flash player support is gone on 10.3.1. Bla, bla, I know Android/Apple did never had this, and it posts security concerns, etc. but I appreciated this on BlackBerry. There are internet sites which don't work without flashplayer support. On 10.2.1 there was the option to switch it on/off, it was fine.

This is a deal breaker for me, an update should mean improvements not failure to meet expectations again and again.

Really starting ro consider iPhone 6 as an option if this issues don't solve. Been a BlackBerry customer 7 years now, but not having acces to crucial apps stinks.

Posted via CB10
    Just a forewarning, speaking as a user of every platform (right now I have a Red Passport and an iPhone 6)...be prepared to pay a lot more for apps and spend quite a few hours dancing around the various restrictions that Apple puts on its devices. In addition, if you care about battery life, I very strongly do not recommend getting an iPhone 6. The battery under heavy use dies within 8-10 hours. iPhone 6 Plus is the way to go if you want to get battery life, but be also prepared to carry a device which is in many ways actually more unwieldy than the Passport.

If you are after app selection though, you can't go wrong with Apple.
    02-24-15 12:02 PM
    While I can imagine the frustration of many users after the OTA update, I personally have had a no major issues (except display rotation; this is manageable) on my Z30.

The Z30 has always had great battery life, but after the update it has been phenomenal!!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:18 PM
    Seems the OP is content to rant and not problem solve....
    That's my gripe with this whole thread, from it's overly melodramatic title (A CrackBerry forums trademark lately) to the endless desire to rant, rant, and rant some more.

Yes, there are totally issues with BlackBerry 10. I found the update did a number on my contacts, through I found a fix that seems to have solved it. I also had a bunch of issues with my iOS updates not working and found fixes for them too. Such is life in tech, unfortunately. In both cases, was able to get both devices working as they should, so I'm happy.

In cases where I can't, the device is shown the door (aka Kindle Fire HDX) and I move on. Why go on and on and on in a thread?
    andrei27 likes this.
    02-24-15 07:19 PM
    LOLTHREAD

Ya, the battery will get better. Give the OS 24-48 hours to iron itself out. JUST LIKE ALWAYS.

AS for the apps that don't work. It's funny. Mine all work and few others that used to not work now do. If anything, I have found hte new Android run time to be even better.
    02-24-15 08:19 PM
    @BlackBerry Wine, thanks for the comment. It gets aggravating when I see doomsayer threads like this. It's a plea for help salted with desire to derail and senselessly pillage.

When I meet an iPhone user, they almost all try to talk me into the Apple camp when they see my BlackBerry. Their phone "is so much better because APPS and who uses THOSE phones anymore?"

When I meet an Android user I'm drawn into discussions about kernels, ROMs, and, "Oh hey! You developed x rom on x device? I thought I recognized you. Maybe you can help me with x, y, and z bug. You use a BlackBerry? Duuuude, Android is sooooo much better and more customizable. How many ROMs exist for your phone?"

When I meet Windows Phone and BlackBerry users, you know what I get? I get a nod, possibly some ooo'ing and aaaa'ing, and THAT is IT. No subtle hints to switch, no put downs, just the common understanding that we are both tired of the nonsense and our devices are for getting jobs done, not for making fart noises or playing Angry Birds.

In several threads I talk about BlackBerry's marketing and how it should...

Bah, I'm derailing the thread and going on a tangent. Carry on.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:23 PM

To me it just really sounds like you're wanting an iPhone and are looking for excuses.

Posted via CB10
    Finally someone got me! I can't imagine how you figured me out ! I thought I was more subtle

Now serious guys, this forum and the blackberry support forum roams of users with issues after updating.

Until The Order of the Monks of Blackberry stop defending so fiercely BlackBerry, the issues with their service level will never solve, they will not see the "rants", "frustration" as a feedback.

Btw, solved my problem after spending almost 1 day on the phone to: clean install, re-install of Snap, re-install and setup off all other apps, re-activation of my banking service, etc. If this is normal, ok.

End of transmission, I will let all the happy people to be happy again.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:37 AM
    To andrei27......

Thinking of going to iPhone 6? That's what they all say when mad about a current phone os.

I came from ios after being on it since 2007 while still using my blackberrys.

You will not like the change al all. I still have the iPhone 6 as my personal phone and it sits for the most part unused. Very boring device, and have to play by Lord Apple 's way.

The Z30 is one of the best phones out there, and can be improved on with some tweaks with the os. I still prefer it to the passport and will NEVER give it up until there is a suitable replacement which I don't see yet.

Camera could be better and the brightness could be brighter.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:15 AM
    Now serious guys, this forum and the blackberry support forum roams of users with issues after updating.

Until The Order of the Monks of Blackberry stop defending so fiercely BlackBerry, the issues with their service level will never solve, they will not see the "rants", "frustration" as a feedback.

Posted via CB10
    Very well put.

Hey monks... some of us are truly die hard BlackBerry fans. For me that's all I've used for well over a decade.

But there are serious issues that need to be discussed. And isn't this the place to do it?

Some of these issues are very certainly driving many users to other platforms.

Your constant whining about the whining is worse than the original OP's whining.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:27 AM
    Finally someone got me! I can't imagine how you figured me out ! I thought I was more subtle

Btw, solved my problem after spending almost 1 day on the phone to: clean install, re-install of Snap, re-install and setup off all other apps, re-activation of my banking service, etc. If this is normal, ok.

End of transmission, I will let all the happy people to be happy again.

Posted via CB10
    Lol then why complain??!?!
    Also order of the Monks of BlackBerry.
    Hahah now you are trying waaaay too hard.
    2/10 keep trying to troll harder.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-25-15 01:36 PM
    Very well put.

Hey monks... some of us are truly die hard BlackBerry fans. For me that's all I've used for well over a decade.

But there are serious issues that need to be discussed. And isn't this the place to do it?

Your constant whining about the whining is worse than the original OP's whining.

Posted via CB10
    Some of the issues are either very easy to resolve or very intermittent. I'm not even going to debate that.
    What happens if an icrapple device goes haywire?
    You connect it to itunes and restore!
    Now is that really too hard?
    How different is it to restore with Blackberry Link or run with an autoloader?
    I tell you what BlackBerry Link processes it much faster than iTunes ever will.

This isn't coming through a fan or a monk LOL this is coming from a repair technician that charges 60 bucks to stock charge or restore via iTunes a wide variety of apple devices.
    What can I say apple software or hardware problems have allowed me to make a very comfortable living.
    Good day.

andrei27, saint613 and dartdriver like this.
    02-25-15 01:41 PM
    Lol then why complain??!?!
    Also order of the Monks of BlackBerry.
    Hahah now you are trying waaaay too hard.
    2/10 keep trying to troll harder.

I complain because this is a semi-official BlackBerry affiliated forum, or at least BlackBerry is following closely this. I hoped that they might read all the complains, scratch their heads and try to improve their service level.

Obviously, most of my "whining" was to them, not to the fellow users of this forum, I thought this was understood.

Btw, thx very much Oglon3r for your assistance in the second post. It seemed to solve most of the issues, but the call answer lag.

Posted via CB10
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    02-25-15 02:20 PM
    Hey guys
    I purchased a brand new Z30 from Blackberry.com 2 days ago. The first day it lasted the whole day with moderate usage. Today i took it off the charger at 9am and at 12pm it was already at 80% with some browsing and tunein music play. The battery check shows only 12 hours with 81% left. I see some people's batteries are showing 2 days with 50% left!? Any ideas or opinions on this? The phone runs 10.3.1. I updated it as soon as I took it out of the box, didn't get to test it with the 10.2 it came with. Thanks
    Official 10.3.1 on Z30 - doom's day for BlackBerry-battery-usage.png
    02-25-15 02:28 PM
    Hey guys
    I purchased a brand new Z30 from Blackberry.com 2 days ago. The first day it lasted the whole day with moderate usage. Today i took it off the charger at 9am and at 12pm it was already at 80% with some browsing and tunein music play. The battery check shows only 12 hours with 81% left. I see some people's batteries are showing 2 days with 50% left!? Any ideas or opinions on this? The phone runs 10.3.1. I updated it as soon as I took it out of the box, didn't get to test it with the 10.2 it came with. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery usage.png 
Views:	1107 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	336913
    From my experience, it only lasts 2 days with no browsing or minimal browsing. Browsing consumes lots of battery due to display use (you have 5% display use in your picture) and data transfer. Also, it is new and maybe it is syncing emails, contacts, etc.

No device in this world would last 2 days with hard use: browsing,data transfer, music playback, etc.

Nothing wrong with your device in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and fireboy2281 like this.
    02-25-15 03:23 PM
    Everything was working good on 10.2.1 version of the OS.

After yesterday's OTA update to the official 10.3.1, some crucial Android apps which were downloaded from Snap, since BlackBerry app environment is a disastre, don't work anymore. Tried reboot, reinstall, with no avail.

These apps are crucial for me being food delivery service (FoodPanda), mobile banking app and Waze (the one in BlackBerry World is ancient, hasn't been updated in almost a year and was very glitchy).

Also, flash player support is gone on 10.3.1. Bla, bla, I know Android/Apple did never had this, and it posts security concerns, etc. but I appreciated this on BlackBerry. There are internet sites which don't work without flashplayer support. On 10.2.1 there was the option to switch it on/off, it was fine.

This is a deal breaker for me, an update should mean improvements not failure to meet expectations again and again.

Really starting ro consider iPhone 6 as an option if this issues don't solve. Been a BlackBerry customer 7 years now, but not having acces to crucial apps stinks.

Posted via CB10
    So leave.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:40 PM
    Not sure I understand... you installed unsupported apps on your device, and expect that everything will go smooth without the same time and unsupported effort to get them working as should be expected for UNSUPPORTED apps. And like others you don't come looking but instead you're threatening to leave blackberry, update for you, this is a forum of users, not run by blackberry. So threatening to leave garners no sympathy. Even less sympathy if you had done a simple search before posting you would have found people had already posted about apps not working and how to solve it. Go buy an iSheep device, the users in their forums will cuddle you and make it all better when your crying that your six month old phone is now available with the letter s after it making yours obsolete from a social perspective.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:44 PM
    Very well put.

Posted via CB10
    So I guess DOOMSDAY is over and we all survived. It's not the whining that pisses everyone off, it's the exaggeration of minor issues.

 Posted via Z10 
    02-25-15 06:33 PM
    I would agree other platforms have issues.

HOWEVER, where BB fails is in the service and speed of follow-up patches. I state this both as a personal user and as C-suite executive in a Fortune 500 group. Granted BB is struggling to survive. And we all want BB to continue and to grow. Yet, it must pull up its socks.

10.3 has been out since last October. As such, one, I find it hard to understand how such a buggy release could be shared in mid-February with the public. Two, why BB is not all over the issues with a follow up. Or, at the least, acknowledgement. If I compare to our corporate iPhones (a test pilot for only iPhone after BB failed to show interest in dedicating a contact engineer), the iOS 8 ongoing releases, response, etc. should be a lesson for BB. To be clear, iOS 8 had massive failures, but the response has been very different.
    kbz1960 and platinumisis like this.
    02-25-15 07:59 PM
    I would agree other platforms have issues.

HOWEVER, where BB fails is in the service and speed of follow-up patches. I state this both as a personal user and as C-suite executive in a Fortune 500 group. Granted BB is struggling to survive. And we all want BB to continue and to grow. Yet, it must pull up its socks.

10.3 has been out since last October. As such, one, I find it hard to understand how such a buggy release could be shared in mid-February with the public. Two, why BB is not all over the issues with a follow up. Or, at the least, acknowledgement. If I compare to our corporate iPhones (a test pilot for only iPhone after BB failed to show interest in dedicating a contact engineer), the iOS 8 ongoing releases, response, etc. should be a lesson for BB. To be clear, iOS 8 had massive failures, but the response has been very different.
    That bothers me also. The slow response to issues, just wait a year for 10.3.2 and it'll be fixed.
    02-25-15 08:05 PM
    What's up with BlackBerry removing adobe flash in 10.3 update? I can't watch a video online now. Is there a work around? That would really suck If I can't watch a video on a website.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:06 PM
    Have to get an android browser that has it.
    02-25-15 08:21 PM
    So what most of you are telling me is that it is somehow expected to have SO MANY issues following an update?

My opinion is that most of you are living in a bubble, a BlackBerry bubble where it is ok to receive poor and faulty updates. With iPhone 8.3 (I guess that was it) they release a faulty update and within a week they re-issued a correct update. Enough with those comparisons, you will think I am an Apple troll, whici I am not. iPhone is my wife's phone, which I manage and therefore this is the only comparison I can make.

My opinion is that BlackBerry screwed us again. It did so in January 2013 with the release of the Z10, whici they then said it is their "flagship device". No longer than 3 months, I guess, they ditched the Z10 and told us that, in fact, Z10 is a medium range and Z30 will be the "flagship". Same happened to Z30: now the Passport is the flagship device. Z10 a complete disaster, Z30 barely recovering the production costs, they don't care anymore about Z30, they just want to liquidate the existing stock.

Bottom line is that I paid a lot o bucks on the Z10 and the Z30, only to see their prices dropping because a new "flagship" has arrived. I never had the "flagship" for more than 3 months (

Returning to our subject matter, my opinion is, cobsidering the above, they focused on 10.3.1 working well on Passport / Classic and us, the z30 owners were only briefly tested for issues.

This is because BlackBerry cares more about their customers than Apple / Android manufacturers.

This is why I am agravated, I was sacked by BlackBerry several times. Now I want to buy their new "flagship" device - Passport - with a hefty amount of 600 USD so that in two months this becomes the "medium" range and have its priced dropped at half (offocurse, in the last 2 paragraphs I was being ironic).

My 2 cents...

Posted via CB10
    You're making this too personal and I can't tell if you're trolling or are legitimately upset because of your disposition. No one is saying they're satisfied with buggy OS versions but **** happens and like a lot software updates, sometimes the installation process isn't as smooth or clean of a transition. It's unfortunate but a reality, so you can either continue to waste your time posting nonsense or heed the advice that's been provided.

****.....you could have been done backing up and installing a clean Is instance by now!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    02-25-15 08:48 PM
    Tone it down ffs.... this is not a issue exclusive to 10.3.1. It's the same old each time there's a major update the phone needs to be plugged in and on wifi right after an update to resync

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:58 PM
111 12345