I'm not too nutty when it comes to conserving battery power, but on several occasions I would power down my Zed30 for the night or an afternoon. Every time, without fail, the power consumption would maybe double after powering it back up - for about 8 hours. Average capacity for me is a good 16 to 20 hours. In these cases, it was reduced to barely 8. Has anybody noticed this, too!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 12:48 PM
    I'm not too nutty when it comes to conserving battery power, but on several occasions I would power down my Zed30 for the night or an afternoon. Every time, without fail, the power consumption would maybe double after powering it back up - for about 8 hours. Average capacity for me is a good 16 to 20 hours. In these cases, it was reduced to barely 8. Has anybody noticed this, too!

Posted via CB10
    I keep the phone in Airplane mode, unused. That's more "economic"... powering up and down is a process that uses/drains power!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    07-16-14 12:49 PM
    Recently my z30 dies in 10 hours.. i just thought because im using the leak os for a while and things went wrong.. at the first days i was getting more than one day of battery life with the leak 10.3!

Check out my new channel, Game logic : C0033A1A3
    07-16-14 12:51 PM
    I just started a similar thread to this, but also had some odd charging times too.
    I'm on official 10.2, haven't changed anything but am having some weird power drain, charge issues suddenly also.
    07-16-14 01:33 PM
    I just started a similar thread to this, but also had some odd charging times too.
    I'm on official 10.2, haven't changed anything but am having some weird power drain, charge issues suddenly also.
    I'm on 10.2.1, too. After eight or ten hours, my Z30 returns to "normal" consumption rates. It behaves similarly after updating the OS. Seems as if the device is doing something in the background.

Maybe BlackBerry is using our phones to render the next Pixar film.. As long as it is not for another "Cars" sequel or spin-off.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-16-14 02:05 PM
    I have found BBM to be the culprit once I restarted phone and all was well. Use device monitor to identify the source of power drain.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 03:32 PM
    I have noticed the same as well since the last update. It was fine before but now, it takes a while to even charge. Glad I am not alone on this.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:23 PM
    I haven't had any updates, do really have no clue why mine did this.
    Now today, it's doing great, still at 89%
    07-16-14 10:01 PM
    I have to agree, since the last micro update I have seen BBM take up to 30% CPU varying amounts of data and then drain the battery down to a charge warning within a few hours, as others have said a full reboot seems to stop this behaviour.

I have BBM set up but I have no channels or contacts so I would assume it would be doing nothing ... not so it seems!

Maybe the next OS update will fix this.
    07-17-14 02:47 AM
    Hi.
    I also have had quick battery drain and BBM using up to 35%. I rebooted last night and charged overnight. Today hasn't been too bad. But not great. 80% remain after 6 hours with very mild usage. This time yesterday was 35%. Was odd, last couple days.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 11:31 AM
    Same here. Started doing it 2 days ago. BBM using up a bunch and i sent 2 messages on it in the last 2 days. Around 11% per hour. Not good at all. Been a BB user for a long tkme since 7290 but its getting to a point where it might be time to give up.
    07-17-14 06:40 PM
    Ok ok ok! Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one. My battery has been off the charts worse than usual, it's been a few weeks and BBM was updated so I'm glad to know it could be that. NOW I'm also having problems with all sorts of apps. Bb10 and android. Apps are extremely slow, don't load right, don't open right and close sometimes and a lot of my android apps stop working and it's getting crazy annoying. Igrann, snap2chat, nobex and many android apps either run slow and I close, because they won't load data right, close on their own or won't open at times. Does anyone else have this issue or one similar. I usually get about 20 hrs battery life with all radios on and brightness up about 20%. With brightness down all the way I was getting about 12. And over all the device has been slow. Texts/replying to texts, bbms and doing things in the hub also seem to act up. Like even things in the hub I'll click on, the screen dims then I am back in the hub. Anyone else? And any problems with the media player? Like play lists and skipping or replaying songs.

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    07-17-14 11:12 PM
    The bbm power drain thing is a huge problem....blackberry needs to fix it asap.
    07-18-14 12:00 AM
    BBM went nut couple days ago. I even didnt doing anything heavy with it..just simple chat with one person. Looked at cpu usage and wow.. bbm usage over 50%, and battery drop from 90% to 30% in about 4-5 hours !! No wonder my phone was warm at that time.

This is stupid.. BlackBerry need to manage idle process better. Put a watchdog process or something to prevent excessive cpu usage on idle state.
    Restarting phone to remedy this..is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 12:51 AM
    There is/was clearly a problem with BBM these days. Had the same, reboot, fine since then.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 06:48 AM
    Guys I did notice my z30 displayed the red drained battery icon one morning despite keeping my wifi off and putting the phone on Bedside mode. I charged and for the next two days the battery was going for a massive leak after 6 hours of usage. Incidentally this happened after I had micro update of 17mb. I then decided to delete couple of my Android apps Clean Master, Bit defender Anti-virus, kept my volume mode to half, screen brightness to half, hard reset the phone by pressing the volume keys simultaneously for 10 secs... wow this made the difference. My battery now gives me 30 hrs or more with a single full charge. My emails are very heavy, 6hrs of voice calls, occasional FB and Tweet updates. The difference I noticed was my Z30 didn't heat up and this proved the battery sustained amazingly long lasting .cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 09:25 AM
    I did the hard reset and still nothing. Just right now Igrann stopped responding and I swiped up and in the middle of that action it seemed to have froze up. Sometimes it doesn't even let me swipe up. This isn't something entirely new but this week it seems out of control.

Finally posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    07-18-14 10:03 AM
    BBM seems to be back to normal so battery drain is back to 4% per hour on average use. Ya they need to fix that BBM issue. BBM is about the only thing that's saving the company so if that craps out its all over for them. Stuff like this in the past is the reason for the place the company is right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 08:53 PM